Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kat

One Day At A Time

17 posts in this topic

Image result for one day at a time

The show depicts the everyday life of a Cuban-American family with each character finding their own journey. Following the story of Penelope Alvarez (Justina Machado) a United States Army Nurse Corps[3] veteran, facing her return to civilian life with a lot of unresolved issues from her time in the Army. She works as a nurse in the office of Dr. Leslie Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky). After her husband's alcoholism due to post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in the Army made it, in Penelope's words, 'unsafe to be in the house', she separates from Victor (James Martínez), taking the children with her. With the help of her Mother, Lydia (Rita Moreno), a refugee who left Cuba as a teen following Fidel Castro's rise to power, she is raising her two children: Elena (Isabella Gómez) and Alex (Marcel Ruiz). Each episode of the series focuses on important issues that face the Hispanic community and families in general. It has dealt with topics such as veterans' struggles with PTSD, depression, and anxiety, as well as sexuality, gender identity, sexism, alcoholism, drug addiction, and religion, amongst others. 

I highly recommend watching this show it's 100% worth your time. 

Discuss the show here!! All 3 Seasons are on Netflix.

2 people like this

I love this show so much. It's nice to watch a sitcom style show again that's not complete garbage plus it's such good representation for so many communities. The fact that it has multiple gay characters, a non binary character and a trans character is just so amazing :clap:

Also can I just say fuck netflix for never actually wanting to renew it and trying to cancel it after every season :skull:

3 people like this

25 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

I love this show so much. It's nice to watch a sitcom style show again that's not complete garbage plus it's such good representation for so many communities. The fact that it has multiple gay characters, a non binary character and a trans character is just so amazing :clap:

Also can I just say fuck netflix for never actually wanting to renew it and trying to cancel it after every season :skull:

I absolutely love that they included more of the LGBTQ+ community instead of just having one lesbian or one gay character. It’s so important that they did something like that and having that kind of representation on TV has really made me (and I’m sure countless others in the LGBTQ+) feel more accepted. I really hope more people take notice of this show and that Netflix doesn’t cancel it. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Omg why are they trying to cancel the one show i actually love on their service ....... :skull: 

This is like the one sitcom style show that i can watch without getting irritated y the laugh track (It can be a little much but this show is a little much so it works). Plus the cast for the show is phenomenal especially Justina and Rita. 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Puggle said:

Omg why are they trying to cancel the one show i actually love on their service ....... :skull: 

I think it just has always had kind of low viewership, it's a great show but I feel like a lot of people just don't go to netflix to watch sitcoms. The fact that I am currently dealing with the possibility of both this show and wynonna earp getting cancelled at the same time :skull:

When the only show left with consistent wlw content is Riverdale of all things
W165xkc.gif

1 person likes this

It’s such a funny show with so much heart.

Netflix isn’t shit if they cancel a show that is at 100% for each season on Rotten Tomatoes.

1 person likes this

How incredible would it be to have a show that was Lydia and Sophia from the Golden Girls together just being badass old ladies.

3 hours ago, Rainbow Heart said:

i know the others but who's the trans character?

1 hour ago, shumiley said:

i know the others but who's the trans character?

Cynthia, she was a new character this season. She's in Penelope's support group (the one on the left).
odat-04.jpg

Also technically non binary falls under the trans umbrella but I feel like it doesn't get a lot of representation in media so I highlighted it specifically 

1 person likes this

I’m gonna be so mad if they cancel this. This is QUALITY. Rita Moreno does not deserve this. :shook: 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Cynthia, she was a new character this season. She's in Penelope's support group (the one on the left).
odat-04.jpg

Also technically non binary falls under the trans umbrella but I feel like it doesn't get a lot of representation in media so I highlighted it specifically 

oh! does this get mentioned in the show and i missed it or is the actress trans or is it both?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Puggle said:

Them doing it the same day as the avengers trailer to try and sweep it under the rug. The ultimate disrespect
D1mDFQZVYAAjq7P.jpg

1 person likes this

I’m so mad :crying: This show was perfect. I really hope someone picks it up cause it cannot end like this. The whole cast is fabulous and I need more of them. :crying: 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Puggle said:

Noooooooooo 😭😭😭😭😭😭

1 person likes this

If you guys have Twitter #SaveODAAT is trending #4 worldwide. I’ve tweeted it like 90 times already. 

1 person likes this