Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angelic

Need A Little Time to Reflect: Torrie Wilson's GREATest Hits

79 posts in this topic

[Subject to Update]

Here we celebrate the life and greatness of the Undisputed Queen of Smackdown, and our fav, Torrie Wilson. Feel free to post your favorite matches, segments, interviews, videos, attires, or just thoughts on Torrie and her successful career!

tenor.gif?itemid=10986007

tumblr_mqm6z7kCDQ1qcds4qo6_r1_250.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11153067

torriewilson.gif

tumblr_p3as4pV4UN1wyspnlo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Qwan™

Let me start by just saying SvR 06 was GOOD for whoever made it in (besides Michelle), but Torrie was done right! Her best iteration ever. 2K20 has work to do!

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torrie is a legend and such a natural baby face. WWE tried so hard to find that same charisma in women years later.  She’s the reason we had carbon copies like K2. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This storyline was the one that made me really love Torrie. It was really sexual, like most of the stories the women had at the time, but lowkey showed that her face character was willing to put family and loyalty before herself no matter what

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Angelic said:

@Qwan™

Let me start by just saying SvR 06 was GOOD ago whoever made it in (besides Michelle), but Torrie was done right! Her best iteration ever. 2K20 has work to do!

 

Listen, let's talk about how this Icon literally invented video games. I would get so excited every time they went to a commercial break because I hoped they would play the trailer again. :gaycry:

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also don't think Torrie gets enough credit as an actress. Of course she wasn't amazing, but she was better than most and could sell her character/role more than well enough to get the scene across. Not even just The Dawn feud, the inter gender stories, Candice post-Vince's Devils, etc.

Dawn goes without saying. She was a BITCH and I livedT :clap: 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LIVin the Riott said:

This storyline was the one that made me really love Torrie. It was really sexual, like most of the stories the women had at the time, but lowkey showed that her face character was willing to put family and loyalty before herself no matter what

This is literally in my top favorite Torrie moments ever! Torrie whooped Dawn's ass and was showing so much aggression here. Not to mention I still live for this outfit. It's my favorite of hers. :shook:

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Crow. said:

Torrie is a legend and such a natural baby face. WWE tried so hard to find that same charisma in women years later.  She’s the reason we had carbon copies like K2. 

I mean Kelly obviously studied this footage here. Ms. Wilson was ACTING. :clap:

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

Listen, let's talk about how this Icon literally invented video games. I would get so excited every time they went to a commercial break because I hoped they would play the trailer again. :gaycry:

 

This fucking commercial  >>>> :dies: Torrie and Stacy were already my 2 favs of all time at this point, so I was already living. But the way I SCREAMED voiceover with Mom. I always felt if there was an actual cover star for the game, Torrie would've made it, and Stacy better had too. I hated her outfit in the game though, preferred her B&P playboy shoot outfit.

I died when I saw her alt outfit was her Playboy shoot outfit. When my brother asked why I was so excited to see it and I told him, he and my mother were so confused lffjdhw

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qwan™ said:

This is literally in my top favorite Torrie moments ever! Torrie whooped Dawn's ass and was showing so much aggression here. Not to mention I still live for this outfit. It's my favorite of hers. :shook:

 

Outfit-wise, I'll admit that my favourite ones are from the Vince's Devils era. The white furry one was so extra :shook:

 

 

@1:22

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My literal first memory of wrestling as a child. The girls really can't serve this Emmy worthy acting :shook: 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angelic said:

This fucking commercial  >>>> :dies: Torrie and Stacy were already my 2 favs of all time at this point, so I was already living. But the way I SCREAMED voiceover with Mom. I always felt if there was an actual cover star for the game, Torrie would've made it, and Stacy better had too. I hated her outfit in the game though, preferred her B&P playboy shoot outfit.

I died when I saw her alt outfit was her Playboy shoot outfit. When my brother asked why I was so excited to see it and I told him, he and my mother were so confused lffjdhw

Same. I hated when they gave the girls heels in the games. :rot: Torrie was on the cover of Smackdown HCTP though and that commercial was iconic too with the Pink Bra and Panties. I'll never forget it. :cry:

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SvR_TorrieWilson_2-14227-720.jpg

2K could never :shook: 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

My literal first memory of wrestling as a child. The girls really can't serve this Emmy worthy acting :shook: 

 

The "horror movie fall" :ahh: FUCKING EYE CONIC.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Period.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LIVin the Riott said:

Outfit-wise, I'll admit that my favourite ones are from the Vince's Devils era. The white furry one was so extra :shook:

 

 

@1:22

This outfit was a slay all around. Chloe was the perfect accessory. :clap:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qwan™ said:

This outfit was a slay all around. Chloe was the perfect accessory. :clap:

Chloe was the perfect manager lol. Her Tush Push was everything 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly stan this match so much. Their first singles match together. Both Torrie and Trish were so green but they did such a good job here. It was so entertaining. Torrie's flawless dropkick >>> Trish clocking Torrie against the ring post pole >>> Torrie swinging the paddle at Trish's ribs. The outfits. The backstage segment alone. 

:shook::shook::shook::shook::shook::shook::shook: 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know most of y'all ain't watch WCW so here are her non-copyrighted matches from my channel... she came a long way

Torrie vs. Madusa (CLICK)
hqdefault.jpg

Torrie vs. Paisley in a mixed tag match (CLICK)
hqdefault.jpg

Torrie vs. Tygress (CLICK)
hqdefault.jpg

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Angelic said:

SvR_TorrieWilson_2-14227-720.jpg

2K could never :shook: 

This is honestly one of her best faces. Plus her long straight hair>>>>>>>

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Qwan™ said:

I truly stan this match so much. Their first singles match together. Both Torrie and Trish were so green but they did such a good job here. It was so entertaining. Torrie's flawless dropkick >>> Trish clocking Torrie against the ring post pole >>> Torrie swinging the paddle at Trish's ribs. The outfits. The backstage segment alone. 

:shook::shook::shook::shook::shook::shook::shook: 

Also their chemistry >>>>>

:shook: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/mhWgOmeUD4c

One of my favorite matches and attires. It was short, but the crowd, the way I wanted Jamie Noble fired, the flawless finish! She did that and you could tell she was comfortable in this match. Torrie was good and improving, but I'll always be thankful to Nidia for doing her best to make Torrie look as good as she did. Not even just in the ring, she was a kii in the storylines.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angelic said:

https://youtu.be/mhWgOmeUD4c

One of my favorite matches and attires. It was short, but the crowd, the way I wanted Jamie Noble fired, the flawless finish! She did that and you could tell she was comfortable in this match. Torrie was good and improving, but I'll always be thankful to Nidia for doing her best to make Torrie look as good as she did. Not even just in the ring, she was a kii in the storylines.

!!!! I'll never understand why she couldn't keep that DDT. It was so impactful and flaw free. Definitely outsold the Swinging Neckbreaker. :rot:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Torrie doesn’t mention Nidia or Dawn in her speech, I swear to god!!!

But the potential storylines we could have had make me sad.

I always wondered where the SD girls vs Shaniqua was leading to.

Torrie Wilson vs Hiroko!? Vs Krissy Vaine!? A heel McCool!? Or Trish!?? Why didn’t Torrie take her title actually? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blooberry said:

If Torrie doesn’t mention Nidia or Dawn in her speech, I swear to god!!!

But the potential storylines we could have had make me sad.

I always wondered where the SD girls vs Shaniqua was leading to.

Torrie Wilson vs Hiroko!? Vs Krissy Vaine!? A heel McCool!? Or Trish!?? Why didn’t Torrie take her title actually? 

 

 

Initially after Torrie first debuted she was supposed to go into an angle with Trish over Jeff Hardy but Trish got injured so it was scraped. 

Also allegedly Torrie was supposed to win the title from Trish in 05 at the Taboo Tuesday PPV but Torrie had some immediate personal issues going on so she took some time off and that plan was cancelled as well. 

Clearly timing was just not on her side.

yxkOuI5.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0