Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Puggle

Rumor: Hall of Fame Changes

15 posts in this topic

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1067515-major-format-changes-wwe-hall-of-fame-ceremony

It looks like some big format changes could be coming to the WWE Hall Of Famer ceremony this year. According to a report from The Floor Seat’s Chris Featherstone, some major traditional components to the festivities will be eliminated this year. One of those eliminations includes each inductee being introduced by specific people.

This was a special tradition during the ceremony, as inductee’s closest friends in the business, or men and women vital to said inductee’s careers, were able to usher them into the Hall Of Fame amongst their fellow professional wrestling greats. Also, the report suggests that induction speeches will now be limited to 15 minutes.

One of the biggest criticisms about the ceremony is that some Hall Of Famers deliver speeches that are far too long. With the new 15-minute rule, this will dramatically shorten the length of the ceremony. This year’s Hall Of Fame class includes Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray), The Honkey Tonk Man, Torrie Wilson, and D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chyna, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, and X-Pac).

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1067515-major-format-changes-wwe-hall-of-fame-ceremony#cULLwvCSoMvUJ4hH.99

The 15 minute speech limit is a welcome change imo. I really hope they don't get rid of inductors since they're lowkey the best part of a HOF speech for some speeches.

3 people like this

Limiting the speeches is a good idea in my opinion. Some people just ramble on and on. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Limiting the speeches is a good idea in my opinion. Some people just ramble on and on. 

Oh god, like the Mr. T speech from a few years back. :crying:

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Oh god, like the Mr. T speech from a few years back. :crying:

and that speech from the Fabulous Freebirds from a few years back that went for 47 minutes literally. 

Lita, Jacqueline, Alundra and Beth deserved every second they had for their long speeches! :momkie:

3 people like this

Hmm, don't really have complaints about this. Limiting the speech time will definitely keep the speeches more focused instead of eventually going off the rails.

tumblr_onpf5nKkqz1qlgg1ho1_500.gif

I know Nose is going to go past the time limit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ig Stacy isn't getting that inductor paycheck

iiBhPz6.gif

Edited by Mandy Rose

why don't they change the HOF rule that specifically states that VicTARAia isn't allowed to get inducted 

iiBhPz6.gif

4 people like this

Them telling Torrie it's either Victoria, Sable, Dawn OR Nidia she gets to mention, take your pick. 

iiBhPz6.gif

3 people like this

Some of the speeches do run too long but I don’t pay attention to the ones I don’t care about so it never affected me. Them not letting the inductees pick someone to introduce them is messy and ugly though since that has always been a special part of inductions. 

It’s annoying also because it’s not like they’re on borrowed time when they go live since it’s always on the Network. And when they do air it on TV, it’s always a condensed version :skull: 

I really wanted to see Stacy and Maryse inducting Eve in a some years.

iiBhPz6.gif

1 person likes this

When DX go over the 15 minute limit, joke about it, and eat Torrie's time.

iiBhPz6.gif

5 people like this

this is ugly tbh, i don't pay attention to the men's speeches but you give years to this company and you still can't get more than 15 minutes of fame (literally) :culture: 

1 person likes this