Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeigz

WWE Top 10: Women's Wrestlemania Milestones

35 posts in this topic

Spoiler

10. Nia Jax defeats Alexa Bliss to win the Raw Women's Championship (WM 34)
9. Alundra Blayze hits a German Suplex (prehistoric times)
8. Naomi wins the SmackDown Women's Championship in her hometown (WM 33)
7. Chyna defeats Ivory for the Women's Championship (WM X-7)
6. @Matto's faves compete (WM 1?)
5. Molly Holly has her head shaved after losing to Victoria (WM 20)
4. Trish Stratus defeats Jazz and Victoria for the Women's Championship (WM 19)
3. Lita announces the transition from "Divas" to "Superstars;" unveils (Raw) Women's Championship
2. Ronda Rousey debuts successfully; Stephanie McMahon sells her offense (WM 34)
1. Charlotte defeats Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks to become the first (Raw) Women's Champion (WM 32)

Thoughts on the continued erasure of a decade of women's wrestling history and the most iconic women's Wrestlemania match of all time?

HQwjxWS.gif

7 people like this

5 minutes ago, AntiKingAndrew said:

:skull: 

A quick google search tells me it was Alundra v. Leilani Kai at WM10, though that’s not even the most memorable match from that card considering it also had intergender wrestling pioneer Luna Vachon teaming with Bam Bam Bigelow to face Doink and Dink the clowns. 

HQwjxWS.gif

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Thoughts on the continued erasure of a decade of women's wrestling history and the most iconic women's Wrestlemania match of all time?

HQwjxWS.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disgusted by the absence of Terri vs The Kat!

HQwjxWS.gif

9 people like this

If they just switched out Alundra's German Suplex for Trish/Mickie and bumped the other moments down a spot, that would've almost been a cute list.

HQwjxWS.gif

4 people like this

Where's the milestone in half of these? I get they wanna erase an ERA, but April defending the Divas title for the first and only time at WM (also the first title match in 7 years) is a REAL milestone and the match exceeded expectations. And if we're talking iconic, Momkie is the most glaring omission since it remains the most iconic women's match at WM TO DATE. Only the horse triple threat comes close.

HQwjxWS.gif

12 people like this

Leaving out Trish/Mickie one of the most iconic matches of all time? Shocked ? No.

4 people like this

Wow, WWE really does hate Mickie James, huh? I mean the REACHING they've done looking for "memorable" moments when the climactic moment of their most iconic womens storyline is literally right there. They clearly have their petty degree, their petty PhD.

HQwjxWS.gif

9 people like this

Trish's heel turn and Lita's involvement in the TLC match deserve some recognition, as well as the obvious Mickie vs. Trish match and AJ's title defense.

12 people like this

Wrestlemania 22, Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus for the Women's Championship.

The fact that they didn't add that match has me screaming. That feud was legendary.

HQwjxWS.gif

3 people like this

Also, Stacy Keibler bopping at Wrestlemania X8 outsold this entire list. Talk about a milestone...

HQwjxWS.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Raja said:

Also, Stacy Keibler bopping at Wrestlemania X8 outsold this entire list. Talk about a milestone...

HQwjxWS.gif

Invented band groupies, dance, legs. It was so obvious...

HQwjxWS.gif

4 people like this

15 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

Trish's heel turn and Lita's involvement in the TLC match deserve some recognition, as well as the obvious Mickie vs. Trish match and AJ's title defense.

WM X-7 is really that girl. Chyna’s win, Trish’s babyface turn, and Lita paving the way for what we finally got in 2018. One of the only WMs I have watched all the way through and would again.

HQwjxWS.gif

6 people like this

another list pandering to their corporate approved matches and snubbing the true iconic ones. The main event this year could be dogshit and it'll still be #1 for next year's list. We're tired.

8, 7, and 4 can stay tho.

HQwjxWS.gif

1 person likes this

I feel like they left out the obvious because it's just that and always mentioned. Yet in context the exclusion still doesn't make sense. :skull: 

WrestleMania XIX & XX are still the best obviously. Oh and any Top 10 list that includes Niability can't be trusted and should be questioned anyway.

dtlyJYY.jpg

This video is homophobic 

7nL31ox.jpg

6 people like this

Alundra Blayze hits a German Suplex

lol. K2 and her Molly-Go-Round spot remain unbothered

d9QWcuV.gif

1 person likes this

8 is that Girl and can stay.

xTiTnjNtT2fJENztsc.gif

7, 5, 4 deserved.

Nia's moment was cute watching it back though. I legit didn't think they'd ever give it to her. Shsg 

However:

Torrie/Candice didn't deserve this disrespect.

And Torrie/Sable vs Stacy definitely didn't outSELL to be paid this dust. They're lucky Nay was on this list or else I'd report.

xTiTnjNtT2fJENztsc.gif

Also, can't wait for the IIconics to make this list next year

xTiTnjNtT2fJENztsc.gif

I feel personally attacked that Trish/Mickie wasn’t on this list. 

1 person likes this

Why is Ronda on this list? AND SO HIGH? I’m sick of her racking up these top spots that other women deserved! Mickie was robbed! Charlotte breaking the superior streak is absent. Snooki and Maria Menounos deserve too!

:laycry:

charlotte winning over trish and mickie?! ronda over trish and mickie?! wwe doesn’t even hide how selfish this evolution is..

charlotte winning over trish and mickie?! ronda over trish and mickie?! wwe doesn’t even hide how selfish this evolution is..

3. Lita announces the transition from "Divas" to "Superstars;" unveils (Raw) Women's Championship

she knows she's wrong, mickie, this is a slap in the face!

All bias aside Nia's title win can stay, she wasn't as over as everyone else and Face Nia is lowkey my favorite, I got really emo when I rewatched her title win, sis getting the 'you deserve it chant' gave me chills. And the pop she got the next day on Raw was cute, everything else? Mickie sweetie
HQwjxWS.gif

3 people like this