Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gl83

Sasha Banks leaving WWE?

199 posts in this topic

-Sasha Banks reportedly tried to quit WWE over WrestleMania 35 Weekend, according to one higher-up source and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

It was noted that Banks felt blindsided when she found out at the last minute that she and Bayley were dropping the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 35. That Fatal 4 Way saw The IIconics capture the titles by defeating Banks and Bayley, Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka, and Natalya and WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix.

Banks was reportedly under the impression that WWE would be giving them a chance to have a strong run with the titles, to bring credibility to the new belts and to establish them as serious titles. The decision was then made to go with The IIconics as champion, a team that some say will make the titles feel like gimmick comedy belts.

Regarding her WWE status, Banks has been given a few weeks to think things over before making a decision on a choice that WWE officials believe may have been made as a rash decision. Another source noted to The Observer that Banks has been given time to figure out if she wants to leave the company or stay, but that source couldn't confirm the reason why, and said Banks probably would not have known about the WrestleMania 35 finish until late, and did believe that Banks and Bayley were going to be given a chance to make the titles mean something. It was also noted that it was logical for Banks and Bayley to assume they would have a run of defending the titles on WWE NXT, RAW and SmackDown, just because that storyline was started in the first place.

Another source just said Banks was clearly unhappy, which has been speculated on at various points over the past few years of Banks' WWE career.

As we've noted, Banks' strange post-WrestleMania 35 week began when WWE had Alexa Bliss call out Banks and Bayley for RAW on Monday night. Bayley would appear for a loss to Bliss, but Banks was nowhere to be soon. Banks did post a cryptic message during RAW that mentioned a line she had used before, about wanting to feel magic again. The cryptic post read like this:

"There is something about the way life happens today that makes it hard to look ahead. There are things that make it difficult to laugh; difficult to live the way you want. There are things that make it almost impossible to trust where you are, or to believe in where you want to be. You look around and life is happening way too fast. Sometimes it feels like the moments are gone. Everything happens all at once and right away. We're marching towards a destiny we cannot understand, towards the kingdom of convenient. Then one day you look up and you can't find the meaning. Your crisis of purpose and passion is acting up, but they tell you that that's suppose to be normal. Well… I don't want normal, I want magic; cause that's the place that feels like home to me. That's the place where I remember what dreams look like, where meaning is effortless, and purpose is simple. That's the place where love still matters. I want that feeling of coming home again. I want to feel like myself….. I want that magic."

Banks then pulled out of a Tuesday appearance on The Wendy Williams Show, causing issues with the staff of the show because it was a late cancellation out of nowhere. Banks announced the cancellation on Twitter and cited personal reasons. Sasha added the "#IfYouOnlyKnew" hashtag to the cancellation post, indicating more to the story. She wrote, "Due to personal reasons, I had to pull out of my appearance today on @WendyWilliams . Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to it. Hopefully the opportunity will be there again later. #IfYouOnlyKnew"

Wendy noted on Wednesday's episode that Banks had a family emergency, which is why she canceled her appearance on the show. Williams wished the best to Banks and her family, indicating they had smoothed over any issues they had with her from the late cancellation. It was also revealed that Banks' people contacted the show just after midnight the night before filming to cancel. Banks has not commented on the family emergency, but it was revealed that she is currently on a post-WrestleMania vacation to the Dominican Republic with Kalisto and their significant others. Social media posts indicated that they flew out the day that Banks was scheduled for the TV appearance.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/sasha-banks-reportedly-tries-to-quit-wwe-653044/

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

finally

If Sasha’s this upset that things aren’t going her way or that she’s no longer top priority, then I-

kBCQcqb.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

There are girls in worse positions than her who are still waiting patiently for their time to shine. She needs to stop with this. 

Edited by diiva.
4 people like this

All the doors along the path for my exit from WWE unlocking one after another. I hope it's true.

dqGODly.gif

9 people like this

I'm conflicted. I'm all for people know their worth and leaving the shitty ass WWE but it's hard to back her up when it comes across as bitter/petty. This shit happens after every title/big match. Booking is also shit for everyone, you aren't always going to be in control - and people have it WORST than she does :skull: At this point they need to just let her go.

We will see her again

in Charlotte's HOF Video Package 

Animated GIF

10 people like this

im all for supporting people defending their craft and believing in themselves, but there's a difference between supporting the craft and the business and just blindly following someone's ego.

sasha banks is a former nxt champ, 4x women's champ, the first tag champ, wrestled in multiple marquee mania matches, and been involved in almost every first ever moment for the women. she's had an incredible career, and if she thinks she deserves more, that's good for her and she should ask for it.

but my problem is when her asking for more is putting other women down. when she wants to retain the title that would've stopped the iiconics from getting their mania moment - a moment that's saved them from going onto yet another year of being a joke act. or when she wants to constantly be put over, as if the rest of the roster (bar a few) haven't done that for people like her and damaged their own reputations by doing it so often (dana, alicia, naomi, tamina, even becky and the bellas were doing this at some point). this is what annoys me about people that think she should demand these things, because putting her over in this way is putting other people down and damaging their careers.

so if you want to pull the "support women's wrestlings!!11" line, then don't act like this multiple time champion and headliner that is constantly booked should be prioritised over other women that have been putting her over for years.

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Ari M. said:

All the doors along the path for my exit from WWE unlocking one after another. I hope it's true.

dqGODly.gif

Omg I came to post the same thing. I'm READY for this hell to END.

dqGODly.gif

2 people like this

Didn't I ALWAYS say she'd be the first horsewoman to walk out the door? @Maxim

Can't exactly say I fault her, but n

dqGODly.gif

1 person likes this

This seems weird/contrived just because there weren’t any developments on her weirdness from earlier.

Anyway, I think anyone with a brain could tell she’d be much better off/make bigger bank elsewhere. They use her more than Charlotte or Becky for sponsorships yet give her a fraction of the TV time.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, diiva. said:

There are girls in worse positions than her who are still waiting patiently for their time to shine. She needs to stop having a hissy fit. 

So basically Sasha knows her worth and they don’t?

dqGODly.gif

Anyways, I wouldn’t even be mad if she left because I already have one foot out the door. :cry: ive been praying for weeks that Naomi leaves to go have a baby. If they both walked out at the same time >>>>

dqGODly.gif

7 people like this

If she isn’t happy, she isn’t happy and she should leave. Nothing wrong with wanting to show off your abilities and what you’re truly capable of. 

Makes me wonder what the hell all that stuff with Alexa this past week was about cause it was random af taking this into consideration. 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Didn't I ALWAYS say she'd be the first horsewoman to walk out the door?

Who would have been the alternative? Rebecca was always a professional and Bagel seems just dandy with letting Alexa kill her career repeatedly.

4 people like this

Also fuck y'all calling her petty and immature for this. Sasha's an elite-level talent and she's constantly treated like she's everything other than that. She's broken her back for this piece of shit business, hoping that things would change (with the WWE constantly dangling things in front of her to fool her into thinking things would change.) I hope she quits so she doesn't have to put up with all this crock of crap. Debate your mothers

dqGODly.gif

13 people like this

2 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

They use her more than Charlotte or Becky for sponsorships yet give her a fraction of the TV time.

This also pisses me off. They do the same with Naomi also. Stop promoting the bitches you won't push properly just because they're marketable. Put Charlotte's big ass front and centre, she needs the promo anyways since her albums aren't selling on WWEShop.

Animated GIF

10 people like this

6 minutes ago, diiva. said:

There are girls in worse positions than her who are still waiting patiently for their time to shine. She needs to stop with this. 

Ok so? Everyone has their own expectations of themselves. She doesn’t have to be grateful for being featured a lot just because other girls are happy simply being on TV. 

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Amethyst Frost said:

Who would have been the alternative? Rebecca was always a professional and Bagel seems just dandy with letting Alexa kill her career repeatedly.

My guess was Sasha would walk first, and Becky would probably get tired as well only if her big push suddenly went away. But others seemed to think Sasha was ride or die WWE since it was her childhood dream.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Dante. said:

So basically Sasha knows her worth and they don’t?

dqGODly.gif

some don't have much worth to begin with, no names

dqGODly.gif

6 people like this

Sasha is my fave but I think the writing was on the wall for her ever since they gave her that pointless 8 day fourth reign and then took it away. The potential feud with Bayley and then the formation of the tag division kept her going, but to again lose another title after a short uneventful reign (including her not actually defending it successfully on TV, since Bayley was the one who beat Nia and Tamina)? Yeah, none of this surprises me. lol

8 people like this

2 minutes ago, MANGO said:

Ok so? Everyone has their own expectations of themselves. She doesn’t have to be grateful for being featured a lot just because other girls are happy simply being on TV. 

kk well she's leaving soon anyways, maybe alicia can debut a new attire for a filler raw match on her return

Animated GIF

I have an opinion but I won't be sharing because I see the Krew has time tonight. Best wishes to Mercedes KV Mikaze.

dqGODly.gif

10 people like this

Alexa Bliss is sitting with her pig at her house loving life right now.

6 people like this

8 minutes ago, Amethyst Frost said:

djdjd, ugh a pasttime :shook: i’ll never get tired of it!

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

This seems weird/contrived just because there weren’t any developments on her weirdness from earlier.

This as well. It's too bad this business is stale and uninteresting because any of us could band together and start a successful dirtsheet the way things get reported anymore.

dqGODly.gif

3 people like this

- 4 Raw title reigns 

- First tag team champ 

- NXT champion

- 2 EC matches 

- 1 RR match, lasted the longest. 

- 3 big WM matches 

- 1st ever HIAC match 

- 1st ever women’s iron woman match 

*All in 3-4 years.*

I don’t disagree that she’s talented and could probably play a bigger role in the division SOLO but, uh.... yikes. 

dqGODly.gif

11 people like this