Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twisted Bliss

Will The Moon Escape The Shadow?

Ember’s future.   16 votes

1. 1. Is a main roster push coming?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

owoOKf5.gif

Twisted Bliss here I had another boss in mind, but due to this weeks circumstances I don’t want the Krew coming for my edges.

athena-615x350.jpg?w=615

Back in September 2015 wwe signed Indy women’s wrestler Athena. It was pretty big deal for a company that was moving into its women’s Evolution as they like to call the changes that had been developing during the year. She would spend months wrestling at live events before finally making her debut at Nxt takeover the end, although only in a dark match. Following a few vignettes of a mysterious woman she would take the stage at Nxt takeover Brooklyn II. It was an impressive debut and she showed a new audience how devastating she was with her eclipse finisher. She would be built up winning multiple singles and tag team matches going forward, but her biggest test was against Asuka at Nxt takeover Orlando. The undefeated Asuka vs the undefeated Ember Moon was a hot feud for the brand, sadly Ember would come up short in their first outing together.

20160830_NXT_EmberMoon--d8fb416665a26b2f

Ember would injured her shoulder and missed out on the  fatal 4 way at Nxt takeover Chicago. At the following Nxt takeover Brooklyn III event Ember would get another chance at Asuka’s women’s championship, but once again was on the losing end of things. She would never go on to defeat Asuka though it probably would have helped change her perception with the fans. She would go on to become women’s champion simply because Asuka had to vacate the title when she was called up to Raw. Her win was much overdue however the division was left in shambles after Asuka’s reign. In her first defense as champion she successfully defended her championship against Sonya Devile, and entered into a program with Nxt newcomer Shayna Baszler. At the Nxt takeover Philadelphia event Moon would retain her championship, and the following night she competed in the first ever women’s Royal Rumble. Sadly for her she didn’t win and once again Asuka had the last laugh. At Nxt takeover New Orleans in what would be her final match in Nxt, Ember lost her championship to Shayna via submission. On the Raw after Mania 2018 she would make her debut defeating Alexa Bliss who was still shaken up from losing her championship the night before. 

ember-moon-696x392.jpg

Ember has spent most her main roster run directionless or without any real explanation to her character, which has never fully been explained and allegedly stolen. She’s competed in the mitb women’s match, the Evolution battle royal, but nothing really noteworthy or with any long term push from management. Following the 2019 royal rumble Ember was out of action due to surgery on her elbow.

maxresdefault.jpg

Moon would return to action at the Wrestlemania women’s battle royal, but there was no announcement or even a commentary mention of this being her comeback match. It was a losing effort where The Shenom goes next is still up in the air, but a shake up could just be what frees the flame. Dealing with start/stop pushes, a flooded talent pool, and no real concept of her character things aren’t looking good for the war goddess. Is there any saving this character or would a reset be more fitting to accomplish a bigger position for her career?

Carmella

Alexa Bliss

Summer Rae

2 people like this

I'm having a Gail flashback with her. Tremendously talented, terribly handled.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately, she's the biggest disappointment to me.

Incredible wrestler, but extremely underdeveloped character. 

She's a werewolf, moon goddess/warrior but, they never play up her supernatural side. It's a shame and waste. 

Image result for bayley no gif

5 people like this

The thing about Ember that I have noticed lately is that she is so good at making other people look good in the ring - and tbh thats all she seems to be doing at the moment. I would go as far as saying she is one of the best on the entire roster, but unless she goes to SD, I can't see her getting a push or being used much on RAW unfortunately 

she's been called up for a whole year and hasn't had a single storyline

tumblr_pptxlv4vsx1vjciejo1_540.gif

Give her a tag partner and put her in the tag division. It needs faces. 

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, prince. said:

I think her and Nikki Cross would make a good tag team for the division 

4 people like this

14 minutes ago, prince. said:

Her and Lacey Lane would work well together, they already have similar aesthetics.

3 people like this

I like Ember but they clearly have no idea what to do with her. To me she was the clear choice to give MITB last year while they tried to figure out direction for her character, but obviously Alexa was more important. Then she came back at Wrestlemania and nobody even remembered that she was gone for three months with an injury. I don't even think the announcers believe themselves anymore when they call her a future champion. 

I would absolutely love for her to get a decent push but I highly doubt it’ll ever happen. 

1 person likes this

I think she’ll be fine tbh. The fact that she hasn’t had a storyline but remained active and credible during that time is a testament to the fact that they want to keep her visible & her unexplained return, I think, was so that they can make a bigger deal when she returns to a weekly show. Her talent speaks for itself, and she can have a decent match with anyone. She’d be good against Becky honestly since her ring-style is so fast paced and dramatic, so, I’d say just let them feud once Lacey goes back to walking the ramp. 

owoOKf5.gif

1 person likes this

She is so underutilized and deserves better than a no-mention return. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Her and Lacey Lane would work well together, they already have similar aesthetics.

This is exactly what I was thinking.. They also wrestle similar styles. They'd be a perfect fit together.

Ember is a great wrestler and has a cool look, but she has no charisma. The tag division would be her best bet imo.

1 person likes this

I really expected them to actually push her once she is back especially after her RR performance and how she worked though an injury but instead they made her return in a useless BR I-

a tag team with Naomi would slay. :clap:

Y’all need to stop saying Nikki Cross like anyone with taste fucks with ha. :skull: 

1 person likes this

I like her in ring ability so much that I don't care if her character is a mess, she makes it work i guess. Plus her come back was wasted, they better not do our girl Nia like that

owoOKf5.gif

3 hours ago, WWFoverWWE said:

a tag team with Naomi would slay. :clap:

Y’all need to stop saying Nikki Cross like anyone with taste fucks with ha. :skull: 

nikki has the best character in wwe sweaty, what we don't fuck with is this boring bitch with a world of warcraft gimmick

giphy.gif

If all these girls are leaving/injured, then she may get that push. I don't know if she needs repackaged, just more attention/character development. I honestly don't know, I don't pay that much attention to be honest :x

Twisted Bliss, what made you think of that thread title my luv....? :frecklefox:

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Layout said:

Twisted Bliss, what made you think of that thread title my luv....? :frecklefox:

I was getting ready to start the money at work and I couldn’t think of anything else.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Y’all worry too damn much. Obviously she’s a future champion. She’s pretty bad ass and they always kept her relevant and never jobbed her out. Ronda sadly took priority for an entire year so the other faces just became secondary. Also she was the ONLY GIRL not fed to Ronda on team Raw. They kept her protected. Also don’t forget her performance at Evolution. She has fun feuds waiting for her in Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Ruby, Naomi and she has unfinished business with the likes of Asuka, Shayna and The Iconics...... Ember just needs her character to be worked on but she’s an ace overall and that finisher is FIERCE!