Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikie91

RECAP OF THE IICONICS INTERVIEW ON "CHASING GLORY"

28 posts in this topic

I'm copying this from a reddit post. 

• Their families were watching Wrestlemania live. IIconics facetimed their families after they won and they all cried because they were happy. Billie says that their Wrestlemania dream was everything they have ever wanted and more and everything they have gone through felt worth it.

• Peyton talks about Super Show-Down and how Billie had to pick her up after their victory because her body went limp and the same thing happened at Wrestlemania to Billie after she pinned Bayley. They filled with many emotions. Everything what happened after their won was 100% real, all the emotions and everything.

• They didn’t want to do an interview individually. They travel together, work together, spend off days together. They’re not a tag team just for a storyline, they’ve been friends for 15 years and their friendship is real. Peyton says that when they don’t talk for 3-4 days, the next time they’re on the airport they have lists on their phones to make sure they catch up on everything what happened during those days.

• They didn’t like each other but they never actually spoke. Billie tells stories about when WWE would come to Australia for signings and sometimes Peyton was ahead of her in the line to meet a superstar and Billie gave her mean looks and other times Billie would be ahead of Peyton and she’d do the same. Peyton says that after some years she saw a poster of a wrestling school with Billie on it and decided to join the school because of it. She wouldn’t have chosen that school if Billie wasn’t on the poster. She wanted to train with Billie. Billie says it was meant to be. The first time they spoke it was like a love at the first sight.

• Peyton says they both have achieved so many things since they got called up, like wrestle in Australia, wrestle on a PPV, debut on a show after Wrestlemania. Billie says they didn’t want to debut in a shake up, they wanted their own spotlight and that’s why their debut meant so much to them. Peyton says the Usos wanted to take a picture with them after they won but they had to ask them how to hold the titles because they didn’t know. They couldn’t figure out how to hold titles.

• They say that it’s a full circle because one year ago they helped Carmella cash in and exactly a year later they are champions.

• When they joined WWE they wanted to be a team but WWE wanted them to find their own thing individually. They tried but it didn’t feel right and they’re happy they’re together now. They say they always have to be together no matter if it’s an interview, a signing or a storyline. They’re a team and want to be represented together.

• Peyton says that they have so much to offer to give to wrestling and fans but some days they felt like they weren’t getting a chance to do it. Billie says whenever they’d feel bad about not being booked they’d remind each other that it’s a circle and you just have to run around the circle. Lilian says she can see them holding the titles for a long time.

• Lilian says they (wrestlers in general) should think of themselves as the athletes in a Broadway play, not in the Olympics, because the outcome is always written for them and they can’t do much about it.

• Billie says they love being entertaining and they characters are who they actually are. People backstage are often surprised that they’re the same as they are on TV. They are who they say they are.

• They often get homesick at the same time and when it hits them, it’s bad and they can’t do anything about it.

• Peyton talks about Tye Dillinger, whom she’ll marry in August. She talks how all three of them would travel together. They laugh because people thought he had 2 girlfriends. Peyton says she understands the struggles he went through because The IIconics have been through the same things. She says Tye is the most supporting man and he waited in gorilla for them after their match at Wrestlemania. She says she feels homesick but at least she has her future husband with her. Tye left because he wants to wrestle and he’s gonna do that. Tye would tell her about his plans and ask for her thoughts and she always said she wanted him to be happy.

• Llilan asks Billie if she wants to find love. Billie says she’s an extremely private person because she wants to protect her loved ones. Her family has gone through a lot and she wants to be the shield to protect them. She says she signed up for this life in a public life and she can take anything, but her loved ones did not and she likes being private. Her dad was assaulted when she was about 9 and she witnessed it. That’s why she wants to protect her family now.

• Billie says she was bullied in school. She’d avoid going to school and cry her eyes out because she didn’t want to go. She was so scared that she eventually became a bully because she felt that was the only way she could protect herself.

• Lilian asks Peyton about the Meltzer incident. Peyton doesn’t want to mention his name but she knows everybody is aware who she is talking about. She says when it happened she was going through a really rough time as she was not confident with her image. Peyton says that with social media everybody has an easy access to state their opinion and Billie always reminds her not to read Twitter etc. Online comments hurt Peyton really badly. She says the transition from NXT to the main roster is really difficult because in NXT there’s a schedule and everyday basically looks the same. She says she did gain a few pounds after she joined the main roster and she hated it herself and when people online started calling her out on it she felt guilty of doing it to herself. She says that she thinks twice before she eats something because she doesn’t want to be judged by people. Lilian asks how she got over people making comments and she says that it came with time. She says that Billie and everybody backstage really supported her. When superstars were defending Peyton on Twitter, she truly felt like a part of a family, she felt supported and loved. She needed that love from WWE because she was away from her family.

• Billie says people very often judge wrestlers without knowing what they’re going through. People don’t know what they’re experiencing and judge them by just what they see on tv. Billie says that her success and happiness isn’t based on how skinny she is. She says she’s turning 30 this year and her body is naturally going to change. She wants people to understand what they put their bodies through in the ring, emotionally and physically. They want to look and be the best she can but her health is the most important.

• They want people to know that nobody is perfect and everyone is going through struggles.

• Their goal for now is to elevate the division even more. Billie says Bayley and Sasha were great champions and helped build the division up so now they want to continue doing it.

13 people like this

smells like legends! i've grown to appreciate them a lot more. something about them is really entertaining and 1/2 has the skills to back it up in ring.

they've lowkey had a good career when they list out the facts. only up from here

7 people like this

I stan them so hard. For me, they hold the glow of Divas and possess comedic timing that induces genuine laughter. 

• Peyton says that they have so much to offer to give to wrestling and fans but some days they felt like they weren’t getting a chance to do it. Billie says whenever they’d feel bad about not being booked they’d remind each other that it’s a circle and you just have to run around the circle. Lilian says she can see them holding the titles for a long time.

• Lilian says they (wrestlers in general) should think of themselves as the athletes in a Broadway play, not in the Olympics, because the outcome is always written for them and they can’t do much about it.

I feel like there could be some lowkey shade here to Boss N Bug. :nikki2:

And rightfully so. I feel like there's a very good chance they'll get at least a second run with the titles somewhere down the line. 

7 people like this

real life icons. they deserve this so much and more :clap: 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Amlex said:

Lmaooo Lilian trying to get tea and Billie doesn't even want to talk about her man :rot:

billie having a whole secret family, serving asuka having KIDS and charlotte exposing her :ahh: 

11 people like this

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

billie having a whole secret family, serving asuka having KIDS and charlotte exposing her :ahh: 

I remember she got married before moving to Florida. If she is still with him and has been keeping everything a secret :rot: queen :clap:

5 people like this

Queens! I forgot about the Peyton thing, it was truly sweet when half the main roster women defended her, it's crazy that even though they jobbed a bit for the Becky and Char storylines they still have made an impactful NXT call up by becoming champions a year later. :brandon:

1 person likes this

glad billie big booted stan culture's ugly head :clap: 

4 people like this

I loved this interview they're really growing on me. They really do compliment each other well.

1 person likes this

They really are a phenomenal team. Their teamwork and timing is unparalleled, and they serve personality and comedy. Seeing how they act backstage makes me want to be friends with them. We need to get them on Total Divas.

4 people like this

Billie says people very often judge wrestlers without knowing what they’re going through. People don’t know what they’re experiencing and judge them by just what they see on tv.”

This will sadly still not land in anyone’s mind.:draglina: It is really cute how they came together tbh. The way they hated each other bc they truly wanted to be friends :sasha:

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Amlex said:

Lmaooo Lilian trying to get tea and Billie doesn't even want to talk about her man :rot:

Billie shut that shit down real quick. God bless Lilian for trying tho :rot:

3 people like this

lilian trying to get her trademark waterworks segment and billie said not today satan :filenails2:

5 people like this

I actually love them. Their mania win was the most I’ve marked in a very long time.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Wait what??

2 people like this

MY HEART I love them so much. :crying: Everything Billie and Peyton said warmed my heart up, they truly deserve everything they get.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Amlex said:

I remember she got married before moving to Florida. If she is still with him and has been keeping everything a secret :rot: queen :clap:

She is. a photo of them at the HOF was posted in the photobooth thread.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Asuka has kids? 

what was the Meltzer incident?

22 minutes ago, Katy said:

what was the Meltzer incident?

He said she was more attractive and lighter down in NXT :dying: 

1 person likes this

I honestly love them more and more as time goes on. Thanks for recapping this for us!

16 hours ago, Mikie91 said:

• They say that it’s a full circle because one year ago they helped Carmella cash in and exactly a year later they are champions.

Fuckkkkkk :cry: 

tenor.gif?itemid=7869247

It doesn't even feel like a year tbh, that's crazy

IIcons ❤❤