Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kat

Favourite Wrestling Moments

55 posts in this topic

The first thing that came to my mind was Lita returning from her neck injury to save Trish from Molly and Gail. Lita was my favorite at that time and for her to come back after such a long injury was well worth the wait. She came back reinvented in her look (the shorts and boots were such an era) and was cleaner in moveset. The crowd was HOT and Molly and Gail sold everything perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtLQg0QfwWQ&t=456s

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Here's some of mine, I have many more than what's here especially since I've watched WWE/WCW back when the Monday Night Wars happened:

When Lita ended Stephanie's reign of terror on Aug 21, 2000. (That was my 12th birthday, I'll never forget it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xhOQ5FTQ8

Team Xtreme is born May 25, 2000: the Hardyz save Lita from Essa Rios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lRXmPMgj4

Chyna wins the Intercontinental title from Jeff Jarrett at No Mercy 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIs3Iw52SqY

Sasha Banks vs Bayley NXT TakeOver Brooklyn (I was in attendance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWVLFmk82DQ

The curtain call after Sasha vs Bayley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkn8XgWxJdA

Becky vs Sasha Banks at NXT Unstoppable (such an underrated match and it was also Becky's 'coming out' party)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hX3K5TZmDQ

Naomi's hometown WrestleMania victory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFJgnH6seg

Nattie vs Nikki Bella falls count anywhere match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh6N_kURe0k

This iconic Nattie promo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFZYiflyhg

:specky:

You’re attitude era selection is 👏🏽👏🏽

1 person likes this

I have WAY too many so I’ll just try to stick to a couple per the faves that stood the test of time and tell a story:

- Team Xtreme vs. T&A at Fully Loaded
- Lita’s LOOK at No Mercy 2000 made me who I am today.
- Royal Rumble 2001 (the match itself, I played the VHS tape I had to death and it spawned my love for the match type. It was just fun and entertaining from start to finish)
- TLC II
- Lita’s 2003 return
- Lita’s second Raw main event title win
- Jeff’s Armageddon title win
This is around when I became invested in keeping up week to week rather than the on and off of the decade prior, so there’s more little moments that resonated.
- AJ’s promo after being eliminated from NXT
- Christian winning the WHC for the first time
- Punk’s pipe bomb
- Eve’s promo the week after her heel turn 
- AJ’s segments throughout this night, culminating with her pushing Punk into the table and standing over him and Bryan to close the show
- AJ’s mic work throughout summer 2013; the secret admirer reveal, the night after she won the title, the contract signing, the “State of Her Mind Address” + the pipe bomb-shell ofc
- Paige’s Raw debut
- Brie appearing from the crowd and getting Steph arrested, then the main event segment the next week with her challenging her to the Summerslam match
- AJ’s 2015 return
- The Fab Four promo before WM
- Seth’s cash-in
- Nikki becoming longest-reigning Divas Champion
- Everything the women did at WM 32.
- MITB 2016. Dean winning MITB, cashing in, and all three members of The Shield being WWE Champion within a span of minutes
- Nikki’s 2016 return
- Jeff’s return with a hobo he found on the street at WM 33
- Carmella’s promo the week after she won MITB
- The first women’s Royal Rumble

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Travis said:

There’s too many for me to list tbh. A lot of y’all better put some respect on IMPACT/TNA, the early days were GOLDEN :shook: 

Let me just say WWE Divas, circa 2008-2010. I was young and literally enjoyed everything, and still do when I look back and watch. Legends never die :draglina:

I started watching TNA in September 2008 and this is by far my favourite Knockouts moment:

https://youtu.be/enm9s21C8bo (from 3:38 onwards) I was so shook when I first watched this, Roxxi was legendary 👏🏽

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

I have WAY too many so I’ll just try to stick to a couple per the faves that stood the test of time and tell a story:

- Team Xtreme vs. T&A at Fully Loaded
- Lita’s LOOK at No Mercy 2000 made me who I am today.
- Royal Rumble 2001 (the match itself, I played the VHS tape I had to death and it spawned my love for the match type. It was just fun and entertaining from start to finish)
- TLC II
- Lita’s 2003 return
- Lita’s second Raw main event title win
- Jeff’s Armageddon title win
This is around when I became invested in keeping up week to week rather than the on and off of the decade prior, so there’s more little moments that resonated.
- AJ’s promo after being eliminated from NXT
- Christian winning the WHC for the first time
- Punk’s pipe bomb
- Eve’s promo the week after her heel turn 
- AJ’s segments throughout this night, culminating with her pushing Punk into the table and standing over him and Bryan to close the show
- AJ’s mic work throughout summer 2013; the secret admirer reveal, the night after she won the title, the contract signing, the “State of Her Mind Address” + the pipe bomb-shell ofc
- Paige’s Raw debut
- Brie appearing from the crowd and getting Steph arrested, then the main event segment the next week with her challenging her to the Summerslam match
- AJ’s 2015 return
- The Fab Four promo before WM
- Seth’s cash-in
- Nikki becoming longest-reigning Divas Champion
- Everything the women did at WM 32.
- MITB 2016. Dean winning MITB, cashing in, and all three members of The Shield being WWE Champion within a span of minutes
- Nikki’s 2016 return
- Jeff’s return with a hobo he found on the street at WM 33
- Carmella’s promo the week after she won MITB
- The first women’s Royal Rumble

Your taste 👏🏽👏🏽

the 2001 royal rumble is legendary, my favourite men’s rumble to this day! 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Kat said:

Your taste 👏🏽👏🏽

the 2001 royal rumble is legendary, my favourite men’s rumble to this day! 

Stan, your taste is >>>> too :shook:

Let me add something that isn’t really a moment but SD that first year or so after the 2016 draft remains unmatched in this new era since the turn of the decade (although 2013/14 comes close). Reminded me of exactly what made me fall in love with wrestling and was engaging from top to bottom, especially the women. You could really feel how much of a family they were, bonded by their determination to not be seen as the B show. I miss it.

tumblr_ppmg02pMIV1wc94yho3_400.gif

7 people like this

There are legit so many moments I could list but I am going to limit myself to some older stuff that really stuck out to me personally at the time, for whatever reason, even if they are not considered to be at the typical iconic level

- Lita's 2003 return to save Trish from Molly Holly and Gail Kim

- Christy Hemme's Playboy cover unveiling

- Torrie and Candice heel turn on Ashley 

- Trish's 2005 return to help Ashley take out Vince's Devils

- Eddie Guerrero Memorial Battle Royal

- Victoria's heel turn during the bikini contests

- Victoria smashing Christy Hemme over the head with the glass vase

- Jillian Hall winning the Divas Title

Just to name a few of the ones that immediately popped in my head.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Shoaib. said:

Stan, your taste is >>>> too :shook:

Let me add something that isn’t really a moment but SD that first year or so after the 2016 draft remains unmatched in this new era since the turn of the decade (although 2013/14 comes close). Reminded me of exactly what made me fall in love with wrestling and was engaging from top to bottom, especially the women. You could really feel how much of a family they were, bonded by their determination to not be seen as the B show. I miss it.

tumblr_ppmg02pMIV1wc94yho3_400.gif

I felt this :shook: that was such a weird year for me in real life also, so having that division really brought me back to wrestling.

Crazy :shook: I miss that year so much. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, prince. said:

I slept on this but it is literally the most iconic return of any woman. EVER. I don’t want to debate it with anyone. Do you hear that reaction?!?! :shook: 

Followed by the iconic double turn the following Smackdown. I literally don’t know a greater storyline, Smackdown 2016 is untouchable :rot: 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Empress Sam said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCrOYU6uO0

"I guess you were right Christy. I am a BITCH.:shook:

Oh my god I was such a Hemme stan, her little firecracker ass had my 5 year old ass twitching :rot: I really thought Victara murdered her. 

This thread is reminding me how SHIT wrestling is at the moment. No wonder Bayley and Sasha we’re writing essays about this iconic shit when they were in high school, poor teddy guerrero:momkie:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, D0dz said:

Mine was when Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Charlotte debuted on RAW. Was probably the first time in a long time I felt really emotional watching wrestling, and the announcement of the Revolution was just amazing. I literally was left shook and couldn't believe it. By far one of my favourite moments.

When Stephanie said the word BRED and the crowd popped... chills.

1 person likes this

- Trish Stratus vs Victoria (Chicago Street Fight, Jazz Returns) The match itself the fear in Trish face when he looked up and saw Jazz still gives me chills.

- Mickie James Wrestlemania title win

- Paige WWE debut

- AJ Lee pipebomb

- WWE Survivor Series 2009 Team Mccool vs Team James (Iconic)

- Beth vs Melina (Extreme Rules 2008 First Ever ("I Quit Match) :shook:

Paige returns post SS Raw 2017

- Mickie vs Melina Backlash 2007 Women's Championship

- Mickie Wins 4th Women's Title

- First Women's Royal Rumble

- SD 2016 (.)

- Aj Lee returns 2015 

- Charlotte,Sasha and Becky MR debut.

- Sasha Banks wins her first Women's title

- Beth Phoenix vs Eve Torres Venegance Survivor Series (Top Rope Glame Slam)

- Victoria's attacking stacy and biting her nails (OMG forever iconic to me)

And many more I want to name :shook:

2 people like this

When Cameron said she and Naomi grew up watching the Bellas, issa classic.

1 person likes this

Trish Stratus winning her first title at Survivor Series 2001!

Candice Michelle getting injured (a terrible moment that would spell the end... I was such a STAN) but it’s a moment nonetheless. She went out giving it her all and no one will ever say otherwise!

First ever Royal Rumble!!! 

Naomi title win (after soooo many years of being in the back seat she finally had her crowning moment) then she had to relinquish the title which was tragic (but the you deserve it chants made it bittersweet) only for her to have an even better moment when she had a WRESTLEMANIA moment ❤️👌

Victoria Diva Search Massacre!!! 

Ashley in BOX!!! Mickie vs Trish was epic and that match being snubbed from the WM countdown was retarded af

1 person likes this

DISS THE DIVA 2004 IS A GAME CHANGER IN THE WWE. EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT IT STILL IN 2019. POOR CM PUNK PIPEBOMB.

:shook:

2 people like this

6 hours ago, ChrisMC said:

There are legit so many moments I could list but I am going to limit myself to some older stuff that really stuck out to me personally at the time, for whatever reason, even if they are not considered to be at the typical iconic level

- Lita's 2003 return to save Trish from Molly Holly and Gail Kim

- Christy Hemme's Playboy cover unveiling

- Torrie and Candice heel turn on Ashley 

- Trish's 2005 return to help Ashley take out Vince's Devils

- Eddie Guerrero Memorial Battle Royal

- Victoria's heel turn during the bikini contests

- Victoria smashing Christy Hemme over the head with the glass vase

- Jillian Hall winning the Divas Title

Just to name a few of the ones that immediately popped in my head.

Victoria smashing that glass over Christy’s head is iconic! 

1 person likes this

The brawl between Trish & Jazz in February 2003 when Trish returns is so underrated! Probably my favourite Trish moment tbh! 

1 person likes this

I loved when Trish whoooped Jazz ass❤️❤️ I love the heels back then (Victoria, Ivory, Molly, Jazz) they didn’t always job. It’s so pathetic how things currently are. The heels CONSTANTLY lose!

1 person likes this

Funny moments:
-Ivory and Tori's hardcore match, but especially the ending when Ivory smashes the mirror over Tori's head and JR goes "Tori's barefooted, she may have glass in her feet!" and King, to his credit, immediately retorts "Her FEET? What about her HEAD?!"
-Jacqueline and Victoria's backstage fight that begins with Jacqueline's legendary line reading, "Hey, that's my outfits!"
-Trish, Christy and Candice's backstage segment where Candice bugs her eyes out at Trish proclaiming herself the greatest women's champion... EVER and then spending the rest of the segment screaming in the background after Trish slaps her

Emotional moments:
-Sasha's first title win. She got me back in fully after years of my interest in wrestling waning. Even Charlotte smiling at her celebrating <3
-Naomi's first title win, she really had the most genuine and cute reaction to finally winning and the "You deserve it!" chants <3
-IIconics's title win at Wrestlemania, especially because I figured they not only had no chance to win, but that they would be the team who took the pin. The GIF of Billie saying "We did it sweetie!" ugh :crying:

2 people like this

Everything from Lucha Underground Seasons 1-3. I recommend everyone to go and watch 

tumblr_ppnrxxsP5c1rmv1vdo4_400.gif

Team Dysfunctional winning the Trios Champions 

Sexy Star vs Mariposa No Mas match

Rey Mysterio and Matanza debuting at Aztec Warfare

Pentagon Dark vs The Black Lotus Triad

Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo with Pentagon retiring Puma

Killshot vs Dante Fox at Ultima Lucha Tres (ABSOLUTELY INSANE MATCH)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Blooberry said:

I loved when Trish whoooped Jazz ass❤️❤️ I love the heels back then (Victoria, Ivory, Molly, Jazz) they didn’t always job. It’s so pathetic how things currently are. The heels CONSTANTLY lose!

The heels back then were badasses! 

2 hours ago, Amethyst Frost said:

Funny moments:
-Ivory and Tori's hardcore match, but especially the ending when Ivory smashes the mirror over Tori's head and JR goes "Tori's barefooted, she may have glass in her feet!" and King, to his credit, immediately retorts "Her FEET? What about her HEAD?!"
-Jacqueline and Victoria's backstage fight that begins with Jacqueline's legendary line reading, "Hey, that's my outfits!"
-Trish, Christy and Candice's backstage segment where Candice bugs her eyes out at Trish proclaiming herself the greatest women's champion... EVER and then spending the rest of the segment screaming in the background after Trish slaps her

Emotional moments:
-Sasha's first title win. She got me back in fully after years of my interest in wrestling waning. Even Charlotte smiling at her celebrating <3
-Naomi's first title win, she really had the most genuine and cute reaction to finally winning and the "You deserve it!" chants <3
-IIconics's title win at Wrestlemania, especially because I figured they not only had no chance to win, but that they would be the team who took the pin. The GIF of Billie saying "We did it sweetie!" ugh :crying:

Is that the same Ivory/Tori Match where Ivory burns Tori’s back with the iron?? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDRXijEVlE Yes!

Ivory said that Vince gave her and Tori a bonus after this match. The only time Ivory ever got a bonus despite stellar segments such as putting on a 5-star match with a cardboard cutout of Chyna. :smh2:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Layout said:

Everything from Lucha Underground Seasons 1-3. I recommend everyone to go and watch 

tumblr_ppnrxxsP5c1rmv1vdo4_400.gif

Team Dysfunctional winning the Trios Champions 

Sexy Star vs Mariposa No Mas match

Rey Mysterio and Matanza debuting at Aztec Warfare

Pentagon Dark vs The Black Lotus Triad

Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo with Pentagon retiring Puma

Killshot vs Dante Fox at Ultima Lucha Tres (ABSOLUTELY INSANE MATCH)

👏🏽👏🏽 At this list! Team Dysfunctional title win is SO underrated! One of the best feel good title wins in years! 

Also that Fox/Killshot Match was unreal! I SCREAMT when Fox went back first through the glass pane from the stage 🤭

1 person likes this