Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twisted Bliss

Sasha To Sit Out The Rest Of Her WWE Contract?

26 posts in this topic

b6566ce762d27f99-600x338.jpg

Sasha Banks is reportedly at a stalemate with WWE, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

Regarding the situation between the two sides, we've noted how Banks reportedly tried to quit the company during WrestleMania 35 weekend as she was unhappy about her team with Bayleybeing split up, and the decision to put the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles on The IIconics. Banks and Bayley believed they would be given a lengthy run with the titles to make them mean something.

Word from within WWE is that Banks wants to sit out the rest of her contract, according to Meltzer.

There's no word yet on when Banks would be eligible to leave the company but Meltzer noted that WWE could add time to the contract for the time she spends not working, similar to the situation with Neville. She could be out of action for a significant amount of time if WWE adds time to the contract.

It was noted that WWE does want Banks back in the mix, but she wants things to be different. Those differences are unclear and not agreed on because the two sides have not made up yet.

Banks has been scheduled for the May 19 WWE Money In the Bank pay-per-view, but her status for the show is up in the air right now.

Source

I really never expected Boss Time to end like this.

YhrSIG7.gif

1 person likes this

So if Sasha is going to act like this, then just push and use the rest of the women on the RAW roster. You can make stars out of them while she’s at home waiting for WWE to make her the top star. Didn’t mean to sound bitter, but I just can’t with her right now. If she was this miserable before then why did she sign a new contract with the company? 

4 people like this

I really hope this isnt the end - especially with the RAW roster looking so bad at the moment. I just hope she comes back and gives it one last try, otherwise she is going to be sitting out for a long time (I believe she just signed a new contract). I am a massive fan of Sasha, but I am hoping for her fans and her career that she comes back and gives it another go 

Bless her for knowing her worth, and not settling for less. To have all these accolades and never getting to enjoy them I'd be upset too, don't throw me a bone just to take it back when about to chew. I hope they come to an agreement though, cause my sis deserves better. :clap: 

4 people like this

she should know how messy this company is and how they never have good long-term plans but the way she expects these special privileges is a kii :ahh:she wants to be gail but she doesn't have the range :smh2:  they can keep her in contract prison while she sits at home so i don't have to see her :shrug: 

gt6qUg7.png

2 people like this

Watch this b show up at MITB and win it. She loves a worked work!

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, surrender said:

Watch this b show up at MITB and win it.

And lose the cash-in.

9 people like this

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

And lose the cash-in.

You know Vince is that petty, someone has to make history on the women’s side. :ahh:

3 people like this

If this is what she wants and will make her happiest right now then she should go for it (and thank her lucky stars miss Olivia de havilland went to bat for her ass to be able to sit out that contract). It will be a shame because she's talented but if she's over it then she's over it and that's really it.

56 minutes ago, PriestWolfwood said:

If she was this miserable before then why did she sign a new contract with the company? 

I think she really thought the tag title situation would have gone completely differently. Considering she practically sat around for a year with Bayley waiting for them to come into existence I imagine she just wanted one long reign to show what she can do and probably an opportunity to go back to NXT and really compete. Winning the titles is a lovely thing but I don't think she actively cared about winning the titles, it was what she could then do with them after winning she was excited for. It just turns out that what she got to do with them was ... not a lot.

5 people like this

Damn sis, @Twisted Bliss you are on the ball with the news today! :clap:

I'm still on the fence about this whole situation. I think it's a work? If she wasn't going to be used until May, she probably did ask for some time off but, not like how it's being reported. 

Otherwise, it would be incredibly unfortunate for her to leave the company. A complete waste of opportunity on WWE's part that signals a much larger problem we all know about, they don't know how to utilize talent properly or consistently. 

After all this time they didn't win the Monday night Wars because they were better, they only won because they outlasted the competition and bought everyone out.

Image result for alexa bliss shaking head gif

2 people like this

I'm over hearing about this lol

11 people like this

This situation just makes me so sad now. At first I was kinda over it since she does have a better position than other girls on the roster, but once you look at the whole picture it makes sense. She has all these accolades to her name but not one of them mean a thing for her when her achievements were merely to benefit someone else. She has always came second to Charlotte and it's been documented that this bothers her. Same thing with Alexa.

It is jealousy, but I don't see that as such a negative thing in this situation or something that could be made a kii about. I'd be mad as shit too that I had to earn a contract the hard way for my dream job, be damn near the most talented wrestler on the roster (if not the most but bias could be detected here), and give my all to every opportunity to have to watch girls that don't have half the passion or talent prosper in so many more ways than Sasha has. Everything she has accomplished has been to put someone else over. Which isn't necessarily a bad role in itself, as it shows that the company trusts her to make their stars who they are. It's just not the role she saw for herself when she dreamed about these moments.

Nevertheless, she remains to be somewhat privileged and were this another woman they might not be given a second thought. Here's hoping they're able to come to some sort of resolution and bring legend back so she can do what needs to be done.

5 people like this

Sasha showing up at Raw the Monday before MITB and winning the last-chance qualifier

7aL6fTz.gif

3 people like this

Didn't sign a new contract already? :jeigz2:

Can she come save Naomi from the IIconics and reform Team BAD now Tamina has no direction also? :shook:

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Sasha showing up at Raw the Monday before MITB and winning the last-chance qualifier

7aL6fTz.gif

Omg I would dieeeeeeee :party:

I'm tired of hearing this "to make them mean something" bs. Wtf is that supposed to mean? Who lied and said they have to be holding it to make it mean something?

Maybe an actual tag team needs to hold them to make them mean something. The same way throwing two random mid carders together to hold the titles doesn't work for the men.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Angelic said:

I'm tired of hearing this "to make them mean something" bs. Wtf is that supposed to mean? Who lied and said they have to be holding it to make it mean something?

Maybe an actual tag team needs to hold them to make them mean something. The same way throwing two random mid carders together to hold the titles doesn't work for the men.

I think it's supposed to mean that they wanted to set the tone as first champions and have the opportunity to put the division/titles on the map with meaningful feuds and some hot matches. Nothing unreasonable or that shouldn't be expected from an inaugural reign in a new division. But instead, because of bad booking and poor planning, you had an initial reign that was cut after just one quick mini-feud and a multi-team match. And now you have the new champions bouncing back between both shows to take pins for no real reason. Things are off to an ugly start.

The issue here is the shitty booking, but for what it's worth BHC weren't two midcarders randomly thrown together. Bayley literally debuted on the main roster as Sasha's tag partner in 2016 and their characters have been linked on-screen and tagging ever since then. They have separate identities as singles competitors, but they definitely weren't a random pairing for the sake of a tag team division (i.e. Naomi/Carmella).

oCRc5a8.gif

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

These reports are just getting stupid. First, they're using the excuse that she didn't want the belts to go to the IIconics because they would have no meaning (or whatever it was) and now they're saying it's because of Bayley's move to SmackDown. Can they make their mind up? 

If Sasha is unhappy then why did she sign a new contract? She should know what the company is like for changing their minds. 

Edited by Iconic
Spelling

4 hours ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Damn sis, @Twisted Bliss you are on the ball with the news today! :clap:

I'm still on the fence about this whole situation. I think it's a work? If she wasn't going to be used until May, she probably did ask for some time off but, not like how it's being reported. 

Otherwise, it would be incredibly unfortunate for her to leave the company. A complete waste of opportunity on WWE's part that signals a much larger problem we all know about, they don't know how to utilize talent properly or consistently. 

After all this time they didn't win the Monday night Wars because they were better, they only won because they outlasted the competition and bought everyone out.

Image result for alexa bliss shaking head gif

He the main one saying Meltzer posts fake news only to make threads with news made by him 😭😭😭😭 

4 people like this

5 hours ago, surrender said:

Watch this b show up at MITB and win it. She loves a worked work!

......and then loses the title the next night on Raw.

49 minutes ago, Layout said:

He the main one saying Meltzer posts fake news only to make threads with news made by him 😭😭😭😭 

Only fake news when Alexa is involved you should know my style by now.

ezXyymC.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lexie's power making mia m.i.a 

tumblr_ppnrxxsP5c1rmv1vdo4_400.gif

Edited by Poison Ivory
1 person likes this

DC4B23CF-E053-47E3-B79A-401983E91A83.png

2 people like this