Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

Who Should Be the Next Batman?

29 posts in this topic

Everybody (well mostly) loves Batman. Everyone wants to be Batman. For what is surely one of the most highly sought after roles in Hollywood right now, with casting expected literally any day now (shooting for Matt Reeves' The Batman is set to take place in November for a June 25, 2021 release), who do you think should play THE Batman following Ben Affleck's high profile departure and controversial take and why? Below are some of the names heavily rumored, the top fan choices and my own bias:

ROBERT PATTINSON

Related image

Rumored by "inside" sources earlier this year (BossLogic apparently has a good rep with this shit), Robert Pattinson is already proving to be a controversial (or in my opinion, inspired) choice to take on the cowl. Many fans assume he's a fluffy teen heartthrob, only known for being Edward Cullen (and Cedric Diggory for the Potheads), but having left major franchise films after wrapping up the poorly critically received Twilight Saga, he's since proven himself to be one of the most interesting, versatile and talented actors of our generation. Don't believe me? Check out this clip from one of his more recent films Good Time and TELL me you don't believe him as his character! He's also picking up rave reviews for his latest, an A24 produced indie, High Life. Recently, he's decided to return to major studio productions with Christopher Nolan's new film (backed by Warner Brothers, who also happen to manage the Worlds of DC film franchise) which should be in production soon (releases little over a year from now), and could very well snowball right into the Caped Crusader afterward (I can't remember the source, but I remember reading this is some type of action gig, so it's likely he has to get in shape for the role and may continue/up the ante on his regimen afterward for BATMAN). Have the rumors been true all along and he's already been secretly cast? To my knowledge, he has yet to even address them!

JAKE GYLLENHAAL

Image result for jake gyllenhaal batman

(courtesy of Reddit)

The internet's boyfriend, Jake Gyllenhaal, isn't new to the Batman casting frenzy. In fact, he was once considered a front runner for Christopher Nolan's take back in the early aughts. Then, as Ben Affleck's status got weirder and weirder by the day the last two years, sources said Matt Reeves was interested in casting Mr. Gyllenhaal as his Bruce Wayne. Jake definitely has all the tools to successfully portray the duality of the role---his versatility is astounding and he can easily convince you he is anything from a cop to a boxer to a closeted cowboy to a psychopath. He's also fully capable of reaching PEAK physical shape, as shown for roles in the past, this fact and the aforementioned making him a top choice. There is, however, a MASSIVE wrench thrown into this popular theory: Jake will be trying his hand at modern comic book films with Spider-Man: Far From Home this summer, although we've seen plenty actors hop between comic book franchises in recent years...

Oh he also SHOT down the rumors, but fuck him. We know you wanna do it baby girl, stop being dumb.

tumblr_pm8ybgUvkV1shp9dyo7_r1_540.gif

ARMIE HAMMER

Image result for armie hammer batman

(courtesy of ArtStation)

He has the jaw! He has the looks! He has the height! That's what the internet will tell you about this other rumored prospect, making him arguably the #1 most popular choice for the part. He was even cast as Batman back when George Miller was making a Justice League movie using that Beowulf, Polar Express weird animated but not animated shit. A fan site claimed that he was in final negotiations for the role based on an apparent inside source, but reporters from top industry trades Variety, Hollywood Reporter and The Wrap quickly debunked the rumor, as did Armie himself (but they always do, lmao). He's hot and I wouldn't be mad, but he's not my favorite!

RICHARD MADDEN

Image result for richard madden batman

Arguably the most successful Game of Thrones break out, Richard Madden has been slowly but surely making waves by walking around with his rumored boyfriend Brandon Flynn, all on the back of his critically acclaimed Netflix series The Bodyguard (c'mon Whitney Houston) for which he won a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and several other awards. He's been thrown in the mix for the next Bond (which is just as chaotic and high-pressure as this casting), and fans have been casting him in this role too. I wouldn't mind!

OTHER CANDIDATES:

JAMIE DORNAN

Image result for jamie dornan batman

I hear he can act pretty well, but I haven't seen him in enough things and don't find him too charismatic. He can most definitely pull off the Bruce side of things since he's fucking hot.

TREVANTE RHODES

Image result for trevante rhodes underwear

Let's shake the table. They've done Batman so many times, that now would be the perfect time to throw a man of color under the cowl. I mean, he's sexy, he's FIT, he's charismatic as hell, he's suave, he can ACT, he can lead as proven in Netlfix's Bird Box.

AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON

Image result for aaron taylor johnson BATMAN

He's played superheroes before, looks the part and has proven he can tap into darker, more psychological roles with Nocturnal Animals, co-starring candidate Jake Gyllenhaal.

Anyway, that's all I got for now, so sound off below or pitch your own choices. Just be mindful that Matt Reeves main criteria is someone in their 30s. Also, for fun, since Matt confirmed he's tapping into Batman's iconic rogues gallery, throw your choices for those hens in too.

7 people like this

I'll go with Jake Gyllenhaal. 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I'll go with Jake Gyllenhaal. 

is this our son @Jake?

4 people like this

Armie or Flake

Q5VnwLl.gif

Just now, Jake said:

Armie or Flake

Q5VnwLl.gif

you're gonna get into Robert and that's period

Q5VnwLl.gif

2 people like this

I loved Good Time 😩 Robert was sooo good in it and was so dedicated to his character, as he is with all his other ones(He almost got fired from Twilight for taking his part too seriously)I have him as my pick. The other choices are great, but I think they should take a risk with someone like Rob tbh. 

2 people like this

Jamie or Armie.

Oh, mess and Aaron played Quicksilver I forgot about that. I liked his character in AOU so I'll choose him as my 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Layout said:

I loved Good Time 😩 Robert was sooo good in it and was so dedicated to his character, as he is with all his other ones(He almost got fired from Twilight for taking his part too seriously)I have him as my pick. The other choices are great, but I think they should take a risk with someone like Rob tbh. 

I've actually seen quite of his work he is good, to be honest.

Q5VnwLl.gif

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Layout said:

!!! I know hens are sleeping on him since he hasn't been doing anything mainstream, but he's so fucking good and it'd be such a bold, daring, different choice. Popular fan choices are so boring, Armie for one has been fan cast in every superhero lead since like 2009 :rot: 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

!!! I know hens are sleeping on him since he hasn't been doing anything mainstream, but he's so fucking good and it'd be such a bold, daring, different choice. Popular fan choices are so boring, Armie for one has been fan cast in every superhero lead since like 2009 :rot: 

His time away made me appreciate him more as an Actor :shook:  These roles do wonders for people’s careers too and could sort of relaunch his. I’m absolutely here for it :clap: I’m also with you on Trevante. 

1 person likes this

R-Patts would be pretty interesting, but I can't see them taking that kind of risk with the role. Armiana would be my choice of these candidates.

1 person likes this

Robert would be a great choice he made the cheesy material of twilight watchable. I can see him snapping with the role of good Batman, while serving in that leather. They need to write the character more in vein with the trilogy though, cause Ben’s Batman was terrible due to the actor and writing a true decline.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

R-Patts would be pretty interesting, but I can't see them taking that kind of risk with the role. Armiana would be my choice of these candidates.

Cosigned! I like the idea of someone dark and brooding because that's the Batman I think most people expect, but I also think Batman has to have that pretty rich boy look, so

:mariah:

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Cosigned! I like the idea of someone dark and brooding because that's the Batman I think most people expect, but I also think Batman has to have that pretty rich boy look, so

:mariah:

Not too much! :uhh: 

1 person likes this

I suspect Armie because he doesn’t have a preexisting commitment to another franchise (Gyllenhaal) and has greater box office appeal than Pattinson and Madden. Although Pattinson is the superior actor. :curious:

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

I suspect Armie because he doesn’t have a preexisting commitment to another franchise (Gyllenhaal) and has greater box office appeal than Pattinson and Madden. Although Pattinson is the superior actor. :curious:

Not (just) because I'm clearly biased, but I feel like R-Pattz would be the bigger draw between him and Armie. They've been trying to make Armie happen for a while now and failed, which is why he went to indies. Whereas Rob went that way to cut his teeth and hasn't really tried his hand at being a Hollywood leading man after Twilight. And on the subject of Twilight, I feel like the devotees he gained from there are still very active and present and most of them are probably moms now, which is an important market. They just aren't willing to drive out to the few theaters that screen his weird new indie glkfdjg

2 people like this

41 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Not (just) because I'm clearly biased, but I feel like R-Pattz would be the bigger draw between him and Armie. They've been trying to make Armie happen for a while now and failed, which is why he went to indies. Whereas Rob went that way to cut his teeth and hasn't really tried his hand at being a Hollywood leading man after Twilight. And on the subject of Twilight, I feel like the devotees he gained from there are still very active and present and most of them are probably moms now, which is an important market. They just aren't willing to drive out to the few theaters that screen his weird new indie glkfdjg

nn it’s kind of hard to say. Pattinson could be a leading man if he wanted to, but I don’t think he wants the responsibilities that come with top billing in a blockbuster film anymore. Hammer seems motivated/determined enough to fulfill those obligations since, like you said, he’s been trying to work up the film industry much longer.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

nn it’s kind of hard to say. Pattinson could be a leading man if he wanted to, but I don’t think he wants the responsibilities that come with top billing in a blockbuster film anymore. Hammer seems motivated/determined enough to fulfill those obligations since, like you said, he’s been trying to work up the film industry much longer.

Yeah this is tea. Lemme light the candles :prayer:

Armie, Jake, and Aaron would be my top three here.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

you're gonna get into Robert and that's period

Q5VnwLl.gif

If I can fake stan him in twilight while giving the eyes to Alice for half my teen years I can fake stan him for batman. But otherwise I want them to shake the table and cast someone completely random. The dcu is already a mess take some risks
Q5VnwLl.gif

2 people like this

I’d like to see Robert or Armie play Batman! 

1 person likes this

I'd also like to chip in that Annalise Basso would be a really good Babs. She said it was her dream role once too btw.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, IIconicAussieGals said:

I'd also like to chip in that Annalise Basso would be a really good Babs. She said it was her dream role once too btw.

I would literally take anyone playing her at this point! She’s my favourite superhero and I’m desperate to see her in the DCEU! 

1 person likes this

I'm tired of Bruce, I just want them to make something new and make Dick Batman.

Q5VnwLl.gif

1 person likes this