On 4/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, Don Draper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When Capt made the save and picked up the hammer

l1of4lF.gif

When everyone jumped out the portals from their alternate realities to assist

l1of4lF.gif

When they cut to the women banding together to slay

l1of4lF.gif

Those alone MADE the movie for me, the last hour was easily one of the best experiences I had in a theater ever. I have goosebumps just thinking about all of this and feeling/hearing the reaction from the audience

Spoiler

Captain America was always my fave so I was like convulsing when he got the hammer and snapped AHHHH. And his ass :shook:. Everything Peter Parker got me too, Tom is so damn good in the role. But that entire shot of everyone coming back, whew. The WOMEN WHEW. I didn't know Captain Marvel was a bad bitch? I mean she's no [redacted since this is Marvel], but besides that hideous wig, we were LIVING for her. Hmm what else? I agree that Thor's arc was trash and he deserved so much better. And while highkey him not being hot annoyed me for like 30-45 minutes, him being an endless punchline was what was really irritating. That's always been my gripe with Marvel, like I'm not asking for something super serious, but I hate when they push their bro-y jokes and play shit up to the 10th degree for cheap laughs, or sprinkle jokes in between the dramatic scenes at the expense of the weightiness of it all. It borders on a dumb parody, like am I watching Epic Movie?

While I was into the first two hours and thought all the call backs were cute, I did kinda feel like it dragged and I just found myself waiting for the final act when I knew shit would get real. I cried when Tony died tbh. I don't fuck with him, but Pepper telling him they'll be okay really resonated with me an embarrassing amount. The Nebula arc was cute. I felt like Black Widow got a raw deal being an original since she, like Iron Man, died to save the world, but everyone moved on rather fast meanwhile Iron Man got all the emotional beats and the long shot funeral. I mean, I don't use her and Iron Man is undoubtedly bigger and more integral, but shit :skull:. The end with Peggy was really cute, but eh, I don't ship like that! It was befitting though, it would have sucked if he died without truly living the life he wanted, so I'm glad he got the perfect end, as did Tony.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. I probably won't ever rewatch the whole thing, but the final act will forever be burned in my mind and I'll definitely revisit that. Now I'm ready for the X-Men to show up and drag the fuck out of everyone :sandra: 

5 people like this

Let me type it while it's still fresh. :crying: I binged OG Avengers, Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War over the weekend before seeing it (I saw Black Panther when it came out and Captain Marvel when it did, as well, so while I'm bandwagon, I at least have an entry point :rot:)

The one thing I really like about this franchise is about how good it is to people who pay attention to details. Besides the obvious callbacks, there are so many little things that are foreshadowed in the earlier films that I really enjoyed getting to see manifest in this one.

Spoiler

Namely, the Captain America hammer moment, which was even hotter because Thor being casually shook by it in the Age of Ultron drinking game was something I picked up! It snapped so hard, my jaw was on the floor.

Captain Marvel looked like such a bad BITCH (apart from the wig) and I'm fucking here for her bodying villains effortlessly. Her DESTROYING that big ass battleship in SECONDS Wanda was fucking serving too, ugh justice for Vision!

BESIDES in Civil War where he's so out of line trying to keep WS alive when his death is legitimately justified on many fronts (a rant for another post) Captain America was definitely my favorite of the originals and it was disappointing but heartwarming when I thought I could live with Tony dying as a hero but no, the girls get robbed of both That last scene between Tony, Peter and Pepper is so beautiful/heartbreaking, honestly had I spent more time with the franchise I definitely would've gotten more emotional. I was definitely closer to tears though in the final act when the fallen return via the portals to fight alongside them, whew the emotions were everywhere.

I thought the Hawkeye profile in the beginning was a cool choice since he's obviously the most understated of the originals, but his scene with Natasha was very heartwrenching/well-done as well. I agree with others who say that she kind of got the short end of the stick with mention/memorability, a few throwaway lines from Hulk (who oddly looked better in the half-man/half-Hulk... y'know what? nvm) doesn't really make up for an entire lack of a service for her. In addition to the person being most concerned about her being someone too chicken to even ask her out... a disservice tbh, she slayed in the first two Avengers, but at least she's getting her solo movie.

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience, getting to watch the films that people love and have attached to so much while I've been sleeping was really fun and I'm excited to see where the franchise goes next :excited: 

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Let me type it while it's still fresh. :crying: I binged OG Avengers, Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War over the weekend before seeing it (I saw Black Panther when it came out and Captain Marvel when it did, as well, so while I'm bandwagon, I at least have an entry point :rot:)

The one thing I really like about this franchise is about how good it is to people who pay attention to details. Besides the obvious callbacks, there are so many little things that are foreshadowed in the earlier films that I really enjoyed getting to see manifest in this one.

Hidden Content

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience, getting to watch the films that people love and have attached to so much while I've been sleeping was really fun and I'm excited to see where the franchise goes next :excited: 

Spoiler

Girl, maybe it was the drought of gratuitous shirtless scenes, but I was feeling it for Hulk too and I-

1 person likes this

Spoiler

Also now that it's stewed a bit more, while I still stan all the women showing up side by side like that, the cynic in me does kinda feel like it's Marvel saying "hey, forget the fact that the female characters have been slighted for nearly a decade! forget that it took us 11 years to give you a female solo movie! look at all these bad bitches we strung together in supporting roles the last 4/5 years!!!1" I have to yell. Thank GOD the studios have been clocked, they have no choice but to do right by the women they have coming from Fox.

1 person likes this

Just watched it and it was a very solid movie, some references i didn't get but the ones i did, i got and was excited for them! Unlike the last avenger's movie where it made me want to watch the Guardians of the Galaxy  this one didnt make me want to go see Antman or Captain Marvel for that matter. idk why, however Captain Marvel was a BAMF. 

7 hours ago, Mariah. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Girl, maybe it was the drought of gratuitous shirtless scenes, but I was feeling it for Hulk too and I-

The CGI made his face more handsome, I'm not sorry tbh!

Mariah.

1 person likes this

Spoiler

Following this series from the beginning I was so shook to finally see Endgame last night. Black widow dying had me mark out I know I know, but ive hated her portrayal in these movies and she never really did much. When I tell you the last 45  minutes ended my life I was legit gasping in the theater. Captain America using the hammer :shook:the women teaming up like baddies :shook:the multiple portals bringing back all the Avengers I was slayed. :shook: I wanted Spidy to die, but I should have expected Iron man to that one had me emotional.

Captain Marvel really didnt do much in this movie I almost forgot about her at times though, but still it was phenomenal cant wait to watch it again when Disney+ hits the scene. 

Posted (edited)

Spoiler

I wonder what the next avengers team will look like. I hope we get an xmen on the team. Preferably, storm or kitty pryde x

Edited by Seductress

17 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Those alone MADE the movie for me, the last hour was easily one of the best experiences I had in a theater ever. I have goosebumps just thinking about all of this and feeling/hearing the reaction from the audience

Reveal hidden contents

Captain America was always my fave so I was like convulsing when he got the hammer and snapped AHHHH. And his ass :shook:. Everything Peter Parker got me too, Tom is so damn good in the role. But that entire shot of everyone coming back, whew. The WOMEN WHEW. I didn't know Captain Marvel was a bad bitch? I mean she's no [redacted since this is Marvel], but besides that hideous wig, we were LIVING for her. Hmm what else? I agree that Thor's arc was trash and he deserved so much better. And while highkey him not being hot annoyed me for like 30-45 minutes, him being an endless punchline was what was really irritating. That's always been my gripe with Marvel, like I'm not asking for something super serious, but I hate when they push their bro-y jokes and play shit up to the 10th degree for cheap laughs, or sprinkle jokes in between the dramatic scenes at the expense of the weightiness of it all. It borders on a dumb parody, like am I watching Epic Movie?

While I was into the first two hours and thought all the call backs were cute, I did kinda feel like it dragged and I just found myself waiting for the final act when I knew shit would get real. I cried when Tony died tbh. I don't fuck with him, but Pepper telling him they'll be okay really resonated with me an embarrassing amount. The Nebula arc was cute. I felt like Black Widow got a raw deal being an original since she, like Iron Man, died to save the world, but everyone moved on rather fast meanwhile Iron Man got all the emotional beats and the long shot funeral. I mean, I don't use her and Iron Man is undoubtedly bigger and more integral, but shit :skull:. The end with Peggy was really cute, but eh, I don't ship like that! It was befitting though, it would have sucked if he died without truly living the life he wanted, so I'm glad he got the perfect end, as did Tony.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. I probably won't ever rewatch the whole thing, but the final act will forever be burned in my mind and I'll definitely revisit that. Now I'm ready for the X-Men to show up and drag the fuck out of everyone :sandra: 

Spoiler

Already shown my agreement with everything else (ESPECIALLY the Thor stuff :frecklefox: ) but yeah, I'm not sure about BW anymore. I definitely always had that feeling of "oh, so the only woman... great" but it still felt like a decent way for her character to go out until I saw some comments from I think Joe Russo and the screenwriters that felt like they were trying so hard to justify it and add context to a premeditated move rather than having confidence that it was always the right move for the story/the reasoning was expressed through the scene.

There's been articles here and there about how the women were done in general, and while I disagree with some of the points they make, the overall sentiment that the women deserve better will ALWAYS ring true. I do think the next phase has been set up to honour diversity a little more, so I can appreciate the fact an effort is being made, no matter how late. That and some of the cynics go a bit TOO overboard in trying to stop anyone from even having fun, girl let me accept their pandering for a second because that was THE moment for me and probably got the loudest reaction :rot: 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:
  Hide contents

Already shown my agreement with everything else (ESPECIALLY the Thor stuff :frecklefox: ) but yeah, I'm not sure about BW anymore. I definitely always had that feeling of "oh, so the only woman... great" but it still felt like a decent way for her character to go out until I saw some comments from I think Joe Russo and the screenwriters that felt like they were trying so hard to justify it and add context to a premeditated move rather than having confidence that it was always the right move for the story/the reasoning was expressed through the scene.

There's been articles here and there about how the women were done in general, and while I disagree with some of the points they make, the overall sentiment that the women deserve better will ALWAYS ring true. I do think the next phase has been set up to honour diversity a little more, so I can appreciate the fact an effort is being made, no matter how late. That and some of the cynics go a bit TOO overboard in trying to stop anyone from even having fun, girl let me accept their pandering for a second because that was THE moment for me and probably got the loudest reaction :rot: 

Spoiler

All tea.

I watched a spoiler review of the movie before I went to bed and they brought up how that was probably the best way for Black Widow to go out given her arc. Which fair, but still, y'all couldn't do like a double funeral at the end or something? Show her tombstone and Cap standing over it before he makes his way to the park to go return the stones? A kii. :skull: 

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Mariah. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All tea.

I watched a spoiler review of the movie before I went to bed and they brought up how that was probably the best way for Black Widow to go out given her arc. Which fair, but still, y'all couldn't do like a double funeral at the end or something? Show her tombstone and Cap standing over it before he makes his way to the park to go return the stones? A kii. :skull: 

Spoiler

The gist of one of the comments I saw touched on that, like almost suggesting the idea of "she's been an agent in deep all her life, what family does she have?" Girl, the ones in the movie? That she dies for? I didn't exactly see Tony's long lost aunt at his service, it was all the heroes :skull: 

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Shoaib. said:
  Hide contents

The gist of one of the comments I saw touched on that, like suggesting the idea of "she's been an agent in deep all her life, what family does she have?" Girl, the ones in the movie? That she dies for? I didn't exactly see Tony's long lost aunt at his service, it was all the heroes :skull: 

!!! vl;xclvjlkgjdf I'm screaming

2 people like this

I was gonna thread but this might be spoiler-y for some:

@Shoaib.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, Shoaib. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The gist of one of the comments I saw touched on that, like almost suggesting the idea of "she's been an agent in deep all her life, what family does she have?" Girl, the ones in the movie? That she dies for? I didn't exactly see Tony's long lost aunt at his service, it was all the heroes :skull: 

23 hours ago, Mariah. said:

!!! vl;xclvjlkgjdf I'm screaming

Spoiler

The twist just being that nobody on the team liked her and couldn't even fake being sad that her ass bit the dust. Also i think the Russo's for the most part just didn't like her character all that much. Them scrapping her storyline with Hulk cause they thought the ship was ugly always makes me kii. 
t3c629l.gif

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I was gonna thread but this might be spoiler-y for some:

@Shoaib.

Expected. Now they just need to not make that Endgame tease more of a thing than it needs to be and give us another Thor with a cute goodbye arc/him passing the hammer to bisexual queen Valkyrie.

37239_original.gif

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The twist just being that nobody on the team liked her and couldn't even fake being sad that her ass bit the dust. Also i think the Russo's for the most part just didn't like her character all that much. Them scrapping her storyline with Hulk cause they thought the ship was ugly always makes me kii. 
t3c629l.gif

Oh, they had that much right LMAO!

1 person likes this

Spoiler

Having seen the movie twice, I'm satisfied with my sis Wanda getting her comeuppance. I spent the whole movie awaiting her resurrection. The way the theater lit up when she plopped down in front of Thanos the first time I saw it. :cry: 

The way she lit his ass up and had him so shook that he head to CHEAT and start blowing shit up indiscriminately. Her power. :shook:

4 people like this

Interesting tidbit about Katherine Langford's role in Endgame before the scene was cut:

Spoiler

Jake's character seems basic and boring in this clip, I hope he turns it up when he turns heel.

I'm disappointed Endgame isn't going to surpass Avatar :crying: UGH if they just cut it by like forty-five minutes, it'd have more re-watch value.

EXCLUSIVE: Kari Skogland has been set to direct the six-part Disney+ miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, with Avengers: Endgame‘s Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan starring. Sources said Captain America: Civil War‘s Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are also in talks to join. The miniseries will air in August 2020.

I’d heard that Mackie’s accepting the shield from Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame will figure into the miniseries, but the studio had no comment on where it goes.

Bruhl played Zemo in Captain America: Civil War, the mastermind who drove a wedge between Captain America and Iron Man that factored into the Avengers films, and the murderer of Black Panther’s father. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been writing.

Skogland is the Emmy-nominated, BAFTA-winning director, showrunner and CEO of Mad Rabbit, a Red Arrow Studios company, which launched in 2016. She has directed episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale, the pilot block of AMC’s NOS4A2 starring Zachary Quinto and the pilot block of Starz’s The Rook. She also serves as a pilot block director and executive producer of Showtime’s upcoming limited series The Loudest Voice airing in June and starring Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes and Naomi Watts as Gretchen Carlson.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kari-skogland-to-direct-6-part-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-miniseries-with-anthony-mackie-sebastian-stan-daniel-bruhl-emily-van-camp-1202619197/

On 6/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, Don Draper said:

Speculation but hmm

Wk8J9Zf.gif

not Godga playing an animal, poor @Captain Fox, he keeps getting played this month

this fishbowl helmet and CGI, I hope it was worth it Jacob. Now you're a one off villain, while Robert about to carry BATMAN into the future and become an A-Lister, bag an Oscar, etc.!

14 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

not Godga playing an animal, poor @Captain Fox, he keeps getting played this month

PLEASE STOP DISTURBING ME WHILE I VOTE.

IMG_20190618_211114.jpg

2 people like this