Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoaib.

Marvel Cinematic Universe | Ryan Coogler Returning to Direct Black Panther 2

89 posts in this topic

Just now, Mariah. said:

Tea, I don't use her like that, but it looks interesting and different. Maybe they should have gave HER her own movie instead of this decade too late Black Widow.

There's no maybe about it but that's tea for another day!

Between this, Sharon Carter coming back for TFATWS, Kate Bishop + She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel confirmed in development, the Disney+ shows are looking great for women.

1 person likes this

Rewatched Civil War for the first time in decades and Sharon’s character was really done wrong. The fact in the comics she played such a big role and in the movies they treated her like leftovers. 

They should’ve either had her turn on Steve and kept her as a villain (which is lowkey what I think they’re gonna do in Falcon and WS) or just made her and Steve a couple. Nobody wanted Peggy anyways. :jeigz2:

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Josh. said:

Rewatched Civil War for the first time in decades and Sharon’s character was really done wrong. The fact in the comics she played such a big role and in the movies they treated her like leftovers. 

They should’ve either had her turn on Steve and kept her as a villain (which is lowkey what I think they’re gonna do in Falcon and WS) or just made her and Steve a couple. Nobody wanted Peggy anyways. :jeigz2:

Don't get me started, I don't know much about the comics (other than the bits of research on characters introduced in these movies before/after they come out nnn) but she could've been so much more. People didn't even care that she wasn't in IW or Endgame after playing a pretty important but downplayed role in CW (without her tipping Steve off on where Bucky was and getting his team their gear back, literally two thirds of the movie would happen differently :skull:) because they made her as bland as possible and just a prop to get Steve from A to B. That's before we even get to how she was discarded thereafter.

Continued from above, the TEA is Natasha should've had her own movie/s years ago so she could get her own consistent development and not become annoying. This also would've meant she doesn't intrude on the Cap trilogy and her role as the lead female in TWS and CW could be Sharon's.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shoaib. said:

Don't get me started, I don't know much about the comics (other than the bits of research on characters introduced in these movies before/after they come out nnn) but she could've been so much more. People didn't even care that she wasn't in IW or Endgame after playing a pretty important but downplayed role in CW (without her tipping Steve off on where Bucky was and getting his team their gear back, literally two thirds of the movie would happen differently :skull:) because they made her as bland as possible and just a prop to get Steve from A to B. That's before we even get to how she was discarded thereafter.

Continued from above, the TEA is Natasha should've had her own movie/s years ago so she could get her own consistent development and not become annoying. This also would've meant she doesn't intrude on the Cap trilogy and her role as the lead female in TWS and CW could be Sharon's.

You can thank Ike Perlmutter the former CEO of Marvel Entertainment for holding off a Black Widow movie for ages because “female superheroes don’t sell”. He’s also the guy who tried to force through Inhumans as a replacement of X-Men. Thank God his influence has been diminished.

This is kinda interesting for those who like the behind the scenes details and hearing about how these things come together.

1 minute ago, Captain Fox said:

Just tell me what it says. :frecklefox:

They drag it for filth, but Sophie goes untouched sans her questionable American accent, so celebrate that :frecklefox: 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

They drag it for filth, but Sophie goes untouched sans her questionable American accent, so celebrate that :frecklefox: 

She's the baddest bitch.

Anyways, Screenjunkies or whatever they are calling themselves now is without sponsor and refuge since they had that rapist amongst them a while back. Their views have tanked and so has their valued opinions. Meanwhile X-Men is a 4 billion dollar franchise that will have a 2 billion dollar earner when they join that nasty ass MCU. I wish them the best though. :trickie:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Captain Fox said:

She's the baddest bitch.

Anyways, Screenjunkies or whatever they are calling themselves now is without sponsor and refuge since they had that rapist amongst them a while back. Their views have tanked and so has their valued opinions. Meanwhile X-Men is a 4 billion dollar franchise that will have a 2 billion dollar earner when they join that nasty ass MCU. I wish them the best though. :trickie:

jjgjjg omg you're MAD, ScreenLegends is paid and correct :frecklefox: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

jjgjjg omg you're MAD, ScreenLegends is paid and correct :frecklefox: 

Ehm, they are not. And when they close,  don't say I didn't warn ya.

1 person likes this

Set photos of Gemma Chan filming The Eternals:

Spoiler

I'm glad it looks as if at least some of it is set in the present, I highkey didn't know what to expect.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Adds Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; He’ll Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

EXCLUSIVE: A major structural shift is taking place at Marvel. As the brand looks to put even more of its stamp on the Walt Disney Company with the upcoming launch of Disney+, all of Marvel’s creative personnel is moving under Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

Deadline hears that Feige is adding the title of Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, to his title. What that means for the brand is that all of the company’s key creative executives across film and TV now will report to him, sources said. Already master of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Feige’s oversight will extend to the overall creative direction of Marvel’s storytelling and content creation platforms. As part of this, Marvel TV and animation generator Marvel Family Entertainment will move under Feige’s Marvel Studios banner.

I’ve heard this move is being finalized this week, and it makes strong sense that Feige would extend his oversight even further than it stretches now. He was a major presence at Investor Day, when Disney launched its OTT streamer Disney+ plans, and Feige mapped out Marvel’s series contributions to the service that includes The Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, What If? and WandaVision. He was also the frontman for Marvel’s upcoming product at D23 and San Diego Comic-Con.

Feige continues to report to Walt Disney Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer Alan Horn and Co-Chairman Alan Bergman. The decision to place all film and television production and the creative aspects of publishing under Feige comes at an important inflection point for the company: Marvel is moving into a second phase of its superhero film franchise launches, after an unprecedented record of success in its first decade. And the move comes as efforts to generate Marvel TV series for other platforms has wound down but soon will begin a new phase as Marvel creates premium content for Disney+.

Here is how the reporting structure will line up right under Feige: Dan Buckley will continue as President of Marvel Entertainment, where Ike Perlmutter remains Chairman. Long a creative collaborator for Feige in publishing and television, Buckley will have a dual reporting structure going forward, Deadline hears. He will continue to oversee publishing creative/editorial, and in that capacity, he now will report to Feige. Buckley also is responsible for publishing operations, sales, creative services, games, licensing and events. There, he will report to Perlmutter. It is expected that Joe Quesada will remain a creative lead for Marvel Entertainment, reporting to Buckley. It is expected that all the creative execs in publishing will report to Buckley.

This streamlining of reporting structure at Marvel comes as Feige’s importance to the superhero factory got underscored several times this year. That included a summer-long standoff between Disney and Sony Pictures over his services as producer and major creative influence on Spider-Man, after Far From Home became Sony’s highest-grossing film of all time at $1.13 billion. A truce recently was drawn that makes Disney a 25% co-financier and gives the studio a corresponding profit share for one movie. It also puts Spider-Man in one more separate Marvel movie, continuing the strategy that helped establish Tom Holland’s wall crawler in Captain America: Civil War before Spider-Man: Homecoming and bolstered his appeal with appearances in the two Avengers films directed by Joe and Anthony Russo.

On the film front, Feige capped a first decade that saw myriad superhero franchise launches without a single misfire, helped by that cross-pollination strategy. Those films had a collective global gross of $26.8 billion. This year, Feige produced all-time box office champ Avengers: Endgame, and two other billion-dollar global grossers in Captain Marvel and Spider-Man: Far From Home. That on the heels of Black Panther becoming Marvel’s first Best Picture Oscar nominee, after grossing $1.3 billion. Feige separately was just set to produce and develop a Star Wars film under Lucasfilm’s Kathy Kennedy.

Source

My takeaway is he better start pushing X-Men everywhere @Captain Fox

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Adds Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; He’ll Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

Source

My takeaway is he better start pushing X-Men everywhere @Captain Fox

He basically controls it all now. He needs to have comic commercials airing before these superhero movies now.

1 person likes this