Leo

Game of Thrones | The End | San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Hall H Panel

67 posts in this topic

Holy f**k at that episode though. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Leo said:

I’m so pissed I’m working the night shift so I can’t watch it live :pinfall:

Let us know @Leo when you've watched the episode. I'll hold my complete thoughts til then.

I'm still processing anyway. To those that are interested GOT and ASOIAF threads on reddit are having a field day. 

Yoooo tho, i feel like i need a long rest after last night, LMFAO.

Related image

Spoiler below:

Spoiler

My girl Melisandre really was the holy grail. I cried when her duty was done. I really liked her character. I'm also sad about all the magic seemingly not being the main final focus, do we still have some magic left for the final episodes? 

Edited by Charlotte's Weave
1 person likes this

OMGGG that episode!! I had chills within the first fifteen minutes, from Sansa staring out into the dark nothingness (Sophie is such an amazing actress) to Melisandre saying ”there’s no need to execute me, Ser Davos. I’ll be dead before dawn” :tear:

I can’t use spoiler tags on mobile, so I’ll post my full thoughts later. But wow, what a moment... I will never forget :heart: 

1 person likes this

That episode was actually so good. I literally thought the night king would win. There were so many iconic scenes, omg. HBO did that!

1 person likes this

I genuinely wish I was a day one and was caught up with every episode so last night resonated with me more, but even STILL I was left fucking speechless, that was soooo good :shook: 

Spoiler

ARYA ;LFDKGL;FDKG;DLFKGFDG, I was not ready oh my god. I wish she came before Theon died though, I like him and was shipping him with Sansa :crying2: . The last shot too whew, everything was so captivating. That little girl dying lowkey made me chuckle tho.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I genuinely wish I was a day one and was caught up with every episode so last night resonated with me more, but even STILL I was left fucking speechless, that was soooo good :shook: 

It's been quite the ride. I jumped into got I think when the second season was getting ready to air? I started reading the books around that time too. I was not expecting what went down last night at all. I'm still shook. 

I have more thoughts too but will refrain for the moment while we basically get time to breathe lol

1 person likes this

Anybody able to breathe CSU’s with still can’t process my thoughts and write what I think lol GOT is every where on social media. Idk what to say but I loved it . 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, BrandonJ said:

Anybody able to breathe CSU’s with still can’t process my thoughts and write what I think lol GOT is every where on social media. Idk what to say but I loved it . 

I've been reading so many reactions, LMAOOOO. The hardcore book fandom hated it. They didn't hate the fact that 

Spoiler

Arya killed the NK

They hated that there wasn't some sort of deep dive into what made the WW do what they do, like why did the NK want to kill 

Spoiler

Bran

Which, I kinda agree to an extent but, I also have to laugh at all these butt hurt nerds calling Arya a 'mary sue' now and trashing the series. Yes, the existential threat always meant more than the war for the throne but what happens now? 

I think one of my favorite explanations is this one from reddit user KorloRau:

Spoiler

We have not been paying attention, this show has time and time again told us to expect the unexpected, to plan for every outcome. It’s told us that as much as you’ve believe you’re the hero, or the prince that was promised, or you’re special, you’re not. Fuck fate.

No one is special. Beric was brought back to life some 16 time or so. And all that was so he could save a young woman in some hallways. The nK was supposed to destroy mankind and he was killed by the unexpected. A nobody to him. Fuck fate.

Jon was told he was the prince who was promised, he was brought back to life. He’s the hero of the show who wants to save people, and all he did throughout the episode was fail at that. He couldn’t stop the night king, he couldn’t save his friends. Fuck fate.

Dany is the savior of the realm, the mother of dragons, and she is tossed to the ground to fight in the mud and blood, making her just another person fighting for their lives. It took Jorah by her side to protect her, which is fine because that’s all he’s ever wanted to do, and he succeeded.

The plot armor you guys are complaining about, is just story telling. Each person alive still has a role to play against Cersei or for their own gain.

You expected death for everyone and you didn’t get it. You expected more from the night king and you didn’t get it. You expected an Azor Ahai and you didn’t get it.

I have not known game of thrones to kill off key people in the midst of a battle. It’s always in small scuffles or when you don’t expect there to be any death. Deceit and trickery is the game, and the game is back on. Expect the unexpected.

Image result for melisandre fire gif

Curious as to what everyone's thoughts are regarding the last 3 episodes now. What do you think will happen? 

I'm ready :cry: 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I'm ready :cry: 

OOOO, YASSSS. I was looking over some of the photos because so many people are still shell shocked and aren't sure if the NK plotline will be revisited.

I think it will, Bran's there and they look to be burning the dead soooooo....LOL, I'm sure there's more. 

Image result for arya stark yes gif

1 person likes this

so I didn't read anything in this, came straight to submit a reply lol Are spoilers allowed in here or will everything be behind a tag?  I started binging the show a few weeks ago. I've never seen it. I'm on season 5, just finished the second episode. Before it wasn't hard to dodge spoilers because I didn't watch so I didn't care/pay any attention. But now that I'm watching I feel like it's everywhere. The radio, at work, at Walmart. I'm like noooo don't wanna know! I accidentally found out about Snow, but it doesn't ruin much for me. 

Arya is my favorite.

Spoiler

But I'm sad she left The Hound to die.

Joffrey should've died forever ago. And I was so sad when Rob Stark got murdered. He's so damn hot. I'm about to go watch him in Cinderella to get my fix.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Katy said:

so I didn't read anything in this, came straight to submit a reply lol Are spoilers allowed in here or will everything be behind a tag?  I started binging the show a few weeks ago. I've never seen it. I'm on season 5, just finished the second episode. Before it wasn't hard to dodge spoilers because I didn't watch so I didn't care/pay any attention. But now that I'm watching I feel like it's everywhere. The radio, at work, at Walmart. I'm like noooo don't wanna know! I accidentally found out about Snow, but it doesn't ruin much for me. 

Arya is my favorite.

Welcome!

Image result for arya and sansa stark gif

Yesss, put spoilers behind the spoiler tag. What was your reaction when

Spoiler

Joffrey died? That shit was satisfying af, it's even more satisfying when you find out who was behind it all. 

Is The Hound really

Spoiler

Dead tho? When death occurs offscreen, you can't be too sure if it's permanent or not in GOT, so watch out for that. 

You're in for a blast but also remember to take a break to process everything. So much happens! 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Welcome!

Image result for arya and sansa stark gif

Yesss, put spoilers behind the spoiler tag. What was your reaction when

Hide contents

Joffrey died? That shit was satisfying af, it's even more satisfying when you find out who was behind it all. 

Is The Hound really

Reveal hidden contents

Dead tho? When death occurs offscreen, you can't be too sure if it's permanent or not in GOT, so watch out for that. 

You're in for a blast but also remember to take a break to process everything. So much happens! 

Spoiler

OMG I WAS SO HAPPY. I had literally just texted someone "I cannot wait for Sansa to cut his throat." Then Marjery was like, "BRING OUT THE CAKE!" And he died. .And it was glorious. He was literally my least favorite person on the show.

1 person likes this

I am about a decade too late but I haven’t been able to stop watching it since I started. I generally have a problem binge watching shows unless I really enjoy them since I have the attention span of a 3 year old but whew :rot: I am aiming to finish it before the end of June, especially since I’m done with exams tomorrow. 

With that said, I am glad I’m binging it because I couldn’t see myself waiting a whole week for the next episode. The way shit picks up in the last 5-10 minutes usually >>> 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

oooffff, I made a huge mistake and....read the leaks that got exposed yesterday regarding the last episodes. 

I'm - 

Related image

Related image

Imma keep my mouth shut and opinions to myself until we see if the leaks are completely true. 

What did ya'll think of last night?

Spoiler

Jon really is that daft, huh? And Dany, girl, I'm ready for the whole thing to be burnt down. Just - get your revenge! 

Edited by Charlotte's Weave
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Tamina’s ligaments said:

The coffee cup I-

They added Ghost in post but...forgot to edit out the cup. 

Dead :skull:

Related image

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

They added Ghost in post but...forgot to edit out the cup. 

Dead :skull:

Related image

This episode was so messy but entertaining.

1 person likes this

I’m gonna need Khaleesi to go bat shit crazy and burn the whole Cory down now 

Justice for Missandei . 

Anyone else hoped for drogon to start burning shit when She said dracarys ?

2 people like this

10 hours ago, BrandonJ said:

I’m gonna need Khaleesi to go bat shit crazy and burn the whole Cory down now 

Justice for Missandei . 

Anyone else hoped for drogon to start burning shit when She said dracarys ?

Dany will be totally justified imo when she does burn everything down. Otherwise, ugh, I feel like certain situations are being contrived just to get to our final story destination. I don't know. I'm ready for the series to end, lol. Also, Jon is so fucking dumb, I can't :sideeye:

Related image

1 person likes this

It annoys me that all the characters are seemingly ready to jump to Jon as king when he has done none of the heavy lifting. Jon hasn’t won a single thing on this show without the help of someone else. Arya and the Melissandre saved mankind, Sansa won the battle of the bastards for him, Melissandre revived him after he made the same mistakes as his father by pushing to much good onto unwilling people, and Stannis saved him when he was going to be killed by the wildlings.

I also hate how the writers make Dany look like such a petulant child in recent seasons. She is seemingly making worse decisions now than when she was a young girl.

Cersei continues to be the best villain in the show’s history. Hate her all you want but she is always 10 steps ahead of everyone when they are all gunning for her. She’ll meet her end in an epic way but she left the biggest mark as a character for me.

Rant over lol.

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Ferni B said:

It annoys me that all the characters are seemingly ready to jump to Jon as king when he has done none of the heavy lifting. Jon hasn’t won a single thing on this show without the help of someone else. Arya and the Melissandre saved mankind, Sansa won the battle of the bastards for him, Melissandre revived him after he made the same mistakes as his father by pushing to much good onto unwilling people, and Stannis saved him when he was going to be killed by the wildlings.

I also hate how the writers make Dany look like such a petulant child in recent seasons. She is seemingly making worse decisions now than when she was a young girl.

Cersei continues to be the best villain in the show’s history. Hate her all you want but she is always 10 steps ahead of everyone when they are all gunning for her. She’ll meet her end in an epic way but she left the biggest mark as a character for me.

Rant over lol.

Yesss, go off on Jon! :momkie: His ass has been saved on so many occasions. I used to like him as a character but now that the threat of the WW is over, as far as we know atm, he's making dumb decisions again. He's a noble man but, obviously not a smart one. He doesn't want the throne yet he's goin off telling his family his big secret, for what?! I was like :alexa:

Dany's one of my favorite characters and...ughhhh, the writers have totally killed her in order to contrive the odds being stacked against her. Her dragons are her children and to 

Spoiler

kill off Rhaegal in such an anticlimactic way is a slap in the face. She should have commanded him to duck down or go higher, something so he wouldn't have gotten shot at and killed. If Rhaegal was killed another way, it would have been much more effective. Also, where's the dragon armor? :k2:

I agree with you about Cersei, she's a very complex and satisfying character, even if she barely has any dialogue since the writers are meh at creating some.

Here's to hoping episode 5 is better!

Image result for game of thrones wine gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Yesss, go off on Jon! :momkie: His ass has been saved on so many occasions. I used to like him as a character but now that the threat of the WW is over, as far as we know atm, he's making dumb decisions again. He's a noble man but, obviously not a smart one. He doesn't want the throne yet he's goin off telling his family his big secret, for what?! I was like :alexa:

Dany's one of my favorite characters and...ughhhh, the writers have totally killed her in order to contrive the odds being stacked against her. Her dragons are her children and to 

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you about Cersei, she's a very complex and satisfying character, even if she barely has any dialogue since the writers are meh at creating some.

Here's to hoping episode 5 is better!

Image result for game of thrones wine gif

Totally agree with you. I love Dany and everything she has stood for in the majority of the series. These last two seasons haven’t been my favorite for her. Her and Tyrion haven’t made many wise decisions even though they have both been battle tested countless times. I have no idea why the writers seem to hellbent on destroying everything I love about these characters lol.

Ive never loved Jon but it makes no sense that why a man that made all the same noble mistakes as Ned is still alive. Sansa has made more strategic and political moves than he has and the writers give him all the power.

I hope they can salvage the series moving forward. The pacing just seems so off. I think maybe they should have made this season longer for everything they have thrown at us.

Edited by Ferni B
2 people like this

fdgf; the way this entire series has lowkey been tainted for me through two episodes... what a slap in our face if everything Dany has been building up for was just to become the Mad Queen :rip:

I hope she'll give OVENTIME to King's Landing - if she's going crazy, she might as well just burn them all (especially Varys' switching self)

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Leo said:

fdgf; the way this entire series has lowkey been tainted for me through two episodes... what a slap in our face if everything Dany has been building up for was just to become the Mad Queen :rip:

I hope she'll give OVENTIME to King's Landing - if she's going crazy, she might as well just burn them all (especially Varys' switching self)

Yeah if they are going full steam ahead with the mad queen angle, they better go all in. What gets me about the pacing of these last couple of seasons is that this should have been a build up for Dany much earlier than now. It’s almost like they are turning her mad because she is salty about the people gravitating to Jon more than her.

Even with Cersei, she is evil to the core and I feel like her character would have demolished everyone that was stationed in front of her wall. Like it made no sense to me why she had someone who Dany loves and killed her immediately to embolden her enemy. I thought she was going to use her to lure her in.

2 people like this