Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo

Game of Thrones | The End | San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Hall H Panel

67 posts in this topic

Episode 5 really disappointed me. I don’t like the direction they’re going in. Who do y’all want to end up on the Iron Throne in the end? I want Sansa. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Episode 5 really disappointed me. I don’t like the direction they’re going in. Who do y’all want to end up on the Iron Throne in the end? I want Sansa. 

I uhhh, have read several different leaks so, even tho I knew what was coming, what the actual....? :alexa:

I really hate the message they're sending with Dany's turn, and I'm OK with her going "mad," but the execution is ass. Also, this is the most predictable thing that could have happened because of all the hints that her family blood line has mental instability. 

The implication and message sucks, you're not destined to become your parents, YOU CAN BREAK THE CYCLE! Instead we get this half ass, OMG, she's gonna do what other conquerors do but she's also "mad/insane" because she wants to do it. GTFO here. 

And Jaime's arc, what was the point?! Also, spoiler ahead:

Spoiler

If Jon kills Dany in the next episode, his parentage means nothing. He's not taking the throne, he'll probably exile himself somewhere, so what was the point of him being a Targ?! Just to piss off Dany. I can't -

I'm so disappointed. I can't wait for this to end. 

Image result for daenerys crying gif

2 people like this

The episode was visually stunning but the writing is still a mess for me. 

1) Jaime’s storyline was so rushed. His love affair with Brienne lasted one episode and the next he dies with Cersei? Both character’s storyline deserved a better send off than that.

2) Cersei deserved a more epic death than that. Being my favorite character, I always envisioned her to meet a more epic ending. It was cute and symbolic to have both her and Jaime face death together but it should have felt bigger than rubble falling on top of them.

3) I know Dany is mad now but it made no sense that she is destroying the keep and city her family literally built. Her whole claim to the throne has always been her family but she is now going to turn around and destroy their legacy?

4) They continue making Tyrion look absolutely foolish. He was used by Sansa to spread information, he spreads it to his best friend knowing there was a chance that it was going to get him killed. He also trusted that Dany wasn’t going to kill innocents. He’s supposed to be one of the most brilliant characters in the entire series but they have made him look foolish the last two seasons.

5) There was some positives with the imagery. Loved the white horse at the end. It was cool watching the Hound and Mountain end their rivalry in fire where it started. The budget also looked absolutely insane in this episode.

I just hate that they crammed all of this into one episode. This should have been a longer season. Even though each episode is longer, I can’t help but feel that all of those seems super rushed. I hope they do the prequel series more justice moving forward.

2 people like this

I have never seen an episode of the show but have had friends talk the plot at me & have read synopses of the new episodes as they come out and, whew, the rushed writing just to get this over with. Wasn’t this season already pushed back for more time and they still couldn’t come up with something logical?

HCCQ.gif

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I have never seen an episode of the show but have had friends talk the plot at me & have read synopses of the new episodes as they come out and, whew, the rushed writing just to get this over with. Wasn’t this season already pushed back for more time and they still couldn’t come up with something logical?

HCCQ.gif

Yes, and HBO wanted to give them 10 episodes, instead of this rushed 6, and more money. We waited 2 years for this....and book readers have waited 20 years for a conclusion....i'm - 

Image result for arya stark gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This season I-

Emilia tried to warn us.

1BC22A8E-B8F8-43E4-977B-682838B51091.jpeg

FE34C992-8EA8-47C9-8572-54B2B3D3F72E.jpeg

Edited by Tamina’s ligaments
1 person likes this

Ya'll ready for tonight? Let's get this shitshow over with, LOL.

I'll actually be up in Boston preparing for a work conference this week so I'll be watching this from my hotel room. I can't wait for all the memes and shitposts tho, and of course everyone's reaction here.

Related image

Everyone's reaction to Season 8 in a nutshell:

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Imagine turning a fantasy show into a show just about men, couldn't be me. Seriously, lmao 

when_you_realize_tha.jpg

I still can’t believe HBO offered D&D 10 episodes for this season and they refused it because they wanted to do Star Wars. This season could’ve not been rushed. I wouldn’t have minded if they made Daenerys mad and have to kill her if the previous episodes weren’t so rushed. And Bran being King? He barely did anything even against the Night King.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And I’m cackling at there barely being any rocks covering Cersei and Jaime when the previous episode made it seem like the whole floor collapsed.

Edited by Tamina’s ligaments
1 person likes this

Welp, it truly was....a Game of Thrones. 

Image result for kairi sane door gif

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings but Imma simmer down right now. Like we've been saying, everything would have felt more dire and more impactful if this season was longer. At the end of the day, going from one plot point to another with no breathing room, rhyme or reason, sank this show. It's such a shame. 

Image result for emilia clarke gif

I need a Brienne and Tormund spinoff.

1 person likes this

So, it's been a few days and...I'm pretty much at peace with how everything went down. I'm going to share some resources that I thought were fascinating and helped me reach a few conclusions that made me pause and realize some things. Let's start out with the good.

I really loved how Sansa's story ended. The scene of her being crowned was so beautifully done.

The more I contemplate, the more I like Jon's ultimate ending:

Spoiler

At first I was pissed because the reveal about his parents meant nothing but to serve as a catalyst for Dany's turn.But, that's not it, he instead chose neither identify (Stark or Targ) and wound up forging his own. I LOVE THIS. 

My initial complaints about the season being rushed still stand. They shouldn't have had Dany go from:

Spoiler

Virtually zero to Hitler in like one episode. There was also 3 bad guys in the span of 3 episodes without having us sit with any of the consequences of what they were doing. Bleh.

Now for the resources, click the spoiler tag for more info:

This post from reddit made me feel better about

Spoiler

Bran being chosen as king: But that's the beauty of it - don't you see? Bran isn't just any other king, he is essentially the a god-king. He is the thing that proves Varys wrong - his power doesn't depend on men believing in him, that power is internal to him. Bran knows all and sees all - he can look into your past and know you better than yourself. He knows what you are trying to hide, he knows what you think, what you love and what you really want. And if he'd so desired, he could've decided to use that power to take the crown any time he wanted - it just so happened that he didn't desire. The lords of Westeros got the illusion of the choice here. So that they could comfort themselves believing that they chose Bran. But this was already decided. And this is how its going to be from now on. Bran will do what's in the best interests of Westeros - and he knows what it is because he has the entire history of the world to refer to and a limited view into the future. If he has to, he can "persuade" the intransigent lords with judicious use of his powers. And should they prove intransigent still, they could be "struck by sudden madness while the ravens circle overhead" - divine judgment at its finest. But it may never come to that. With his omniscience, Bran can simply put a stop to any schemes or conspiracies from taking root in the first place. Succession isn't a big issue either - the 3-eyed ravens have supernaturally long lives. The last one was well over a 100 and might've lived much longer had the Night King not killed him. Bran has plenty of time to rule and change institutions - and if there are still "lords" by the end of his reign, he can always find and train the next 3ER to take over. And once again, those lords would get another illusion of choice and be content for the next 100 years.

From this thread:  https://old.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bqsrnv/i_had_99_questions_and_this_ending_answered_none/

Comparison of Dany and Cersei:

A really cool MV about Dany:

Another Bran theory:

A good synopsis of my original complaints with Dany's rushed arc:

Another awesome Bran theory and how magic won in the end:

Spoiler

Bran is everything you describe, but that's not ALL he is. He doesn't just contain human memory, he contains the memories of the Children of the Forest. A race that was bitter towards humanity, even to their last days. A race that believed mankind was too warlike, too quick to spread, and had no respect for the rest of the creatures of the world. And now their creation, the three eyed raven, is the king of mankind. Putting aside the morals of a surveillance state king, and the ambiguity Bran seems to hold for the value of human life, he's literally a non-human creation ruling over humanity. He represents, to me, that the Children of the Forest won, in the end.

Dany's tragic story:

and last but not least why [redacted] was always going to be king:

I want to hear your theories! If there are any more cool resources I will share them here.

Here's me coming to peace with everything and moving on

Image result for drogon flying away with dany gif

OMG! I can't believe I have ignored this series for so long! The last season was shit but overall it's a great show.

Spoiler

My favs were

1-Cersie (iconic actress and a weirdo irl) 

2-Theon (I really really liked him and he deserved better! I would still suck his invisible dick)

My most hated  

1-Olly or whatever his name is (I was over the moon when that little bitch got hanged a moment I will never forget)

2-Ramsey (best male actor imo tho) 

3-Sansa (useless bitch! I wish she died)

4-Jorah (Daenerys isn't interested leave her ass alone omg)

I'll peep this this weekend, but