Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

First Trailer for "Persona 5: Royal"

7 posts in this topic

Atlus has revealed the first look at Persona 5: Royal, a re-release of the masterful and critically-acclaimed 2016 JRPG, Persona 5. P5 was credited for re-invigorating the JRPG genre, the Megami Tensei franchise from which Persona and its predecessors spawn from and has since sold over 2 million copies worldwide.

In this Japanese trailer, we see an extended look at added content, adding to the over 100+ hours of gameplay the base game had to offer. The clip shows a new party member, new locations for relationship development and a look at the Phantom Thieves in all their glory after main character Joker's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The re-release is expected to hit the western market in 2020.

2 people like this

I need y'all to get into it :shook: The dungeon exploring mechanics are similar to a Pokemon-type game, but the storylines are so juicy and dark for animation and that's what really hooked me on the original :crying: I remember putting hours into it when I copped it

winter 2017. I'm perched for the new additions since I've been dying for a replay but haven't been able to set aside the time :smh2: 

1 person likes this

Legit one of my most favorite games and I've played all of them. Love, love, love. Can't wait for this one. 

1 person likes this

I’m ready for this. But I’m curious to see what consoles this will be on if it comes to the West (quietly prays for it to come to the Switch). 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, PriestWolfwood said:

I’m ready for this. But I’m curious to see what consoles this will be on if it comes to the West (quietly prays for it to come to the Switch). 

It was initially only announced for PS4, but with the next generation already looming and with the Smash partnership, I could definitely see it coming to Switch eventually.

I'm super excited for it! I absolutely loved Persona 5 the first time I played it, and it's one of those games where you get more out of it the second/third time around. I'm intrigued to see what the additional content is for this game :curious:

I don't know how to feel about human Morgana though :rip:

2 people like this

I can't wait for it. I put over 300 hours into Persona 5 when I first played the game blind and fell in love with it. The game genuinely touched my soul for the better and it really gave a lasting impact into my life. 

Hoping it'll answer questions and fill in holes that the first game left in my heart during the entire game, as well as seeing the new areas and dungeons they add.