Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Big Little Lies | Season 2

9 posts in this topic

biglittlelies-e1505675874185.png

Based on the same-titled best-seller by Liane Moriarty, "Big Little Lies" weaves a darkly comedic tale of murder and mischief in the tranquil beachfront town of Monterey, Calif. Amidst doting moms, successful husbands, beautiful children, and stunning homes exists a community fueled by rumors and divided into haves and have-nots, exposing fractured relationships between husbands and wives, parents and children, and friends and neighbors. Told through the eyes of three mothers -- Madeline, Celeste and Jane -- the series' narrative explores society's myths regarding perfection and its romanticization of marriage, sex, parenting and friendship. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Shailene Woodley star as the three prominent "mothers of Monterey."

Premieres June 9 (with more Emmys in the bag). If you want to discuss spoilers, use the appropriate spoiler tags with a disclaimer.

7TE875w.gif

1 person likes this

I haven't seen the first seasons yet, I should give it a try because I'm out of shows again!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Kat said:

I haven't seen the first seasons yet, I should give it a try because I'm out of shows again!

It is iconic. One of the most entertaining dramas on HBO. I was concerned this would endure a sophomore slump characteristic of a lot of new TV shows, but this season is looking lit! Can’t wait! :cry:

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Don Draper said:

It is iconic. One of the most entertaining dramas on HBO. I was concerned this would endure a sophomore slump characteristic of a lot of new TV shows, but this season is looking lit! Can’t wait! :cry:

Awesome! I’m gonna start watching Season 1 tonight! 

Finally caught up and finished season 2 and I know it wasn’t loved as much as the first season but it was still a good show.

Laura Dern is just incredible. 

2 people like this

It was good but it feels like so much less happened this season idk :/ like how Jane was such a big part of the first season and she barely did something this time ff. Still a serve tho! Poor daddy Nathan :crying:

2 people like this

The courtroom scenes were laughable. Clunky finale to a not as good, but still decent season.

1vz2QDg.gif

1 person likes this

I've just ended watching both seasons and I absolutely LOVED them. The acting, the story, the cast... everything was perfect, and what has me more surprised is that I didn't really disliked any character. All of them, in my opinion, are so well written that you can relate to them and understand why they do what they do, even Mary Louise.

this said, Renata is an icon and a pleasure to watch through the whole second season, we don't deserve her.

rich-again.gif

1 person likes this