Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Travis

Report: Lio Rush "Blew Off" Backstage Etiquette

32 posts in this topic

Report: Lio Rush "Blew Off" Backstage Etiquette, Didn't Fulfill Jobs That Are Asked Of Newer Talents

Over the weekend, it was noted within the Fightful Select service that there was heat on Lio Rush for various reasons such as rubbing the locker room the wrong way and turning away advice from veterans like Finn Balor. In the report, it was also noted that Lio would be "very lucky" to be on the main roster again. PWInsider has provided a follow-up on the status of Lio Rush and noted that he was backstage at last night's RAW and there has been talk within WWE that he could make the move back to NXT.

The site shared details about past issues that Lio has had backstage -- particularly mentioning the November European tour on-which he "blew off" standard backstage etiquette. That etiquette incudes providing waters for talents after matches and bringing water coolers to the hotel so that fellow members of the roster can converse and socialize within a common area. Those aforementioned duties are normally taken care of by newer members of the roster.

Former NXT Champion Aleister Black shared a story about Roman Reigns last Fall and mentioned cleaning up the locker room during a live event tour in 2017 as he was new to the main roster and wanted to pay his dues but Reigns assured Black that he no longer had to fulfill those duties.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-lio-rush-blew-backstage-etiquette-didn-t-fulfill-jobs-are-asked-newer-talents?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful%20Wrestling%20News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

1 person likes this

Tuning away Finn of all people really was dumb, especially considering you are still genuinely disliked due to the Emma situation still.

chXfsDu.gif

3 people like this

"That etiquette includes providing waters for talents after matches and bringing water coolers to the hotel so that fellow members of the roster can converse and socialize within a common area."

I don't like Lio because of the whole Emma thing, but this is just stupid. He should not be fetching water for people... This is how you start getting molested backstage by JBL and Randy Orton, Lio better stand his ground.

And being "moved back to NXT" should be a reward. Booking on both main shows sucks. :rot: 

NGGGhCm.gif

6 people like this

9 minutes ago, Travis said:

I don't like Lio because of the whole Emma thing, but this is just stupid. He should not be fetching water for people... This is how you start getting molested backstage by JBL and Randy Orton, Lio better stand his ground.

And being "moved back to NXT" should be a reward. Booking on both main shows sucks. :rot: 

NGGGhCm.gif

Eh it's a pretty common thing in sports to hand out water to team mates as they come back from preforming. So I don't think it was wrong for him to be handing out water especially since he was a nobody when he got called up. Anyway they should've let his dumb ass go after the Emma tweet.

NGGGhCm.gif

2 people like this

I kinda get it in the sense of proving your team spirit and camaraderie by helping out, regardless of where you debut on the card, but at the same time... do they not hire people to do that shit? :skull:

14 people like this

Isn’t this technically hazing? I see the WWE locker room is still as toxic as ever.

Imagine approaching your 40s and still hazing people like you’re in a uni fraternity.

NLQujSJ.gif

11 people like this

Imagine working your whole life for your dreams and finally making it to WWE's main roster, and expected to stand in gorilla, waiting for people to come back from their match to hand them a bottled water and a towel :wyd:

7 people like this

4 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

Isn’t this technically hazing? I see the WWE locker room is still as toxic as ever.

Imagine approaching your 40s and still hazing people like you’re in a uni fraternity.

NLQujSJ.gif

The dirt sheet reports that would come out about me since I'd be telling all these boys and girls to eat my ass if they wanted me to provide them water at their big age, the fuck I look like? A bird bath?

chXfsDu.gif

14 people like this

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

The dirt sheet reports that would come out about me since I'd be telling all these boys and girls to eat my ass if they wanted me to provide them water at their big age, the fuck I look like? A bird bath?

chXfsDu.gif

Me being a thot, and would instantly offer Elias and Baron water each chance I got.

chXfsDu.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Me being a thot, and would instantly offer Elias and Baron water each chance I got.

chXfsDu.gif

If they're not the fountain in this role play, it's not working out for me!

chXfsDu.gif

10 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

chXfsDu.gif

! It’d be to the point where I’d be getting blacklisted. Unless they have paper ACLs or a spine made out of glass, I’m not getting you shit.

chXfsDu.gif

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Don Draper said:

Unless they have paper ACLs, I’m not getting you shit.

Welp you're already more compassionate than Kimber Lee/Abbey Laith
chXfsDu.gif

3 people like this

56 minutes ago, Puggle said:

Eh it's a pretty common thing in sports to hand out water to team mates as they come back from preforming. So I don't think it was wrong for him to be handing out water especially since he was a nobody when he got called up. Anyway they should've let his dumb ass go after the Emma tweet.

NGGGhCm.gif

? girl how much water do they need if someone else is already doing it

NGGGhCm.gif

3 people like this

I- I don’t like him but I wouldn’t be fetching water for another grown ass individual either. :frecklefox: He wasn’t hired to be a water boy.

He has rubbed me the wrong way since the Emma situation. I don't see the appeal in him either, he was suppose to get us to care about Bobby Lashley, and we still don't care.

chXfsDu.gif

1 person likes this

Imagine fumbling your bag all because you were too prideful to give bitches some water. Couldn’t be me. Some simply don’t know how to play the game

chXfsDu.gif

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Layout said:

Imagine fumbling your bag all because you were too prideful to give bitches some water. Couldn’t be me. Some simply don’t know how to play the game

chXfsDu.gif

okay maid, go get me my glass of water then

uSBOBkd.gif

9 people like this

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

okay maid, go get me my glass of water then

uSBOBkd.gif

Iced or room temperature, sir?:frecklefox:

7 people like this

Couldn’t be me, I’d be offering handjobs instead.

chXfsDu.gif

5 people like this

I’d agree to get the water and just not come back.

chXfsDu.gif

5 people like this

I'd be getting blacklisted too, imagine expecting a grown ass man to kiss your ass.

chXfsDu.gif

1 hour ago, Josh. said:

Couldn’t be me, I’d be offering handjobs instead.

chXfsDu.gif

We can have a men’s thread without Mariah rubbing herself to the creepers and a gay mentioning handies.

... one of these days. djdhdh

NGGGhCm.gif

3 people like this

I'd be damned. It irritates me when people try to pass off what's supposed to be a courtesy as an obligation. Fuck outta here. I'd do it if I feel like it. However after Baron/Drew/Lashley vs Finn/Rico/Other Guy Round 27, I'm not leaving my potato salad to be a offering samples of Poland Spring. 

NGGGhCm.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Puggle said:

NGGGhCm.gif

Man, if stuff like fetching water or getting a cooler set up for the guys has him bothered, Lio would never survive the NJPW dojos.

Though, to be honest I imagine the stuff like bringing people to the backstage areas without a pass and having them sit in during rehearsals is what really has people bothered. I mean that's the same sort of s*** that Enzo pulled during his sting there that got him tons of heat with the WWE locker room.

Edited by gl83
4 people like this