Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlotte's Weave

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

20 posts in this topic

Related image

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a re-imagining of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" based on the Archie comic book series of the same name.

Sabrina Spellman must reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family, and the daylight world humans inhabit.

This is a place to discuss Season 1 and 2 on Netflix, any upcoming seasons, or short specials, what you like, dislike, and who your favorite characters are and plotlines.

If you wish to discuss spoilers, please use appropriate spoiler tags and a disclaimer what your spoiler pertains to!

Related image

2 people like this

I'm currently finishing up Season 2, I really love and enjoy the show so much more than I thought I would.

I grew up watching "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and always wanted a series based more on the magical aspects. I love the portrayal of Hilda, she was my fav in the original series too, and this new Harvey. It never sat well with me how stupid the original character was. Stupid = funny is not my humor style, that was pretty popular in the 90s.

I also love how unclear alliances are, there's a grey area throughout the series. Prudence and her girls flip flop between just causing mischief and otherwise helping Sabrina when she needs help. Sabrina is also not what thinks she is.

My other favorite thing the show incorporates is all the old stories about Hell, Satan, witches, and myths that go along with the creation of God/Jesus and paganism. 

The use of colors as power and the gothic architecture speak to me as well. Everything is really well done!

Related image

3 people like this

I need a Prudence spinoff.

1 person likes this

A cute show but Ambrose has been wasted for the second szn in a row and Prudence's arc is beyond tired, but I guess the latter might improve based on the events of the season 2 finale.

Stan Lilith, bitches.

Related image

3 people like this

Okay I still haven't finished season one (I suck at committing to binge watching anything), but I loved it so much and lowkey wanna skip to season two. Should I?

rceikjk.gif

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

Okay I still haven't finished season one (I suck at committing to binge watching anything), but I loved it so much and lowkey wanna skip to season two. Should I?

rceikjk.gif

I think you should probably finish season 1 first. There's some stuff that happens next that wouldn't make sense otherwise. 

2 people like this

That tweet really made me scream but they did Miss Wardwell dirty! I know I probably shouldn't like her but she might just be my favourite. The transformation from withering cat lady to Satan's whore in the first episode was true bad bitch energy. I also love Ambrose and we deserve more bisexual orgy scenes for my benefit. Also, the girls can come for 'white boy of the month' but Harvey is fine af.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Kevin Thomas said:

That tweet really made me scream but they did Miss Wardwell dirty! I know I probably shouldn't like her but she might just be my favourite. The transformation from withering cat lady to Satan's whore in the first episode was true bad bitch energy. I also love Ambrose and we deserve more bisexual orgy scenes for my benefit. Also, the girls can come for 'white boy of the month' but Harvey is fine af.

I really like her too! When it's revealed that she's <spoiler below>

Spoiler

Lilith, I screamed. I love Lilith's mythology! :clap::legend:

Related image

When I saw Netflix were doing a re-make of Sabrina I was so here for it but I'd only ever seen The Teenage Witch and I knew nothing about the Archie Comic. So when my ass opened up the first episode and saw how gothic and satantic it was, my ass was shook! But I really enjoy it. I can't believe I forgot to mention Nick in my earlier post too! What a beautiful man.

Wow, writing all of this out is making me realise how much I stan.

1 person likes this

I really enjoyed the first season - have yet to watch the 2nd! Looking forward to it 

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Kevin Thomas said:

When I saw Netflix were doing a re-make of Sabrina I was so here for it but I'd only ever seen The Teenage Witch and I knew nothing about the Archie Comic. So when my ass opened up the first episode and saw how gothic and satantic it was, my ass was shook! But I really enjoy it. I can't believe I forgot to mention Nick in my earlier post too! What a beautiful man.

Wow, writing all of this out is making me realise how much I stan.

We stan bad ass witches destroying the patriarchy! 

Related image

1 person likes this

Is this worth watching beyond season 1? I heard they changed it up a lot to appease the Internet acting a fool.

it was genuinely the corniest american shit ive ever seen.  the plot was a mess

On 5/13/2019 at 0:14 AM, Twisted Bliss said:

Is this worth watching beyond season 1? I heard they changed it up a lot to appease the Internet acting a fool.

Yes, I'm almost done with Season 2. I haven't heard about them changing things because of the internet? 

All the dark themes are still present. 

Posted (edited)

As someone who will watch literally anything to do with witches, I've really enjoyed it. It's nothing like the original Sabrina: The Teenage Witch series, but I really like the new portrayal of witchcraft as a religiously-based concept where they derive their powers from Satan. Kiernan Shipka and Ross Lynch were great casting choices for their roles, and I've really enjoyed them along with Hilda and Zelda. I thought I would miss Salem being able to talk, but the series hasn't felt lacking at all with him being a normal cat.

Spoiler

Season 2 had me shook when it started getting crazy halfway through. Though the character developments were kind of messy. Prudence selling her sister witches out and securing special treatment for herself was kind of annoying after her progress in season 1 and Ambrose turning a blind eye to the misogyny was ugly. One thing I know for certain, though, is that we stan Lilith. :legend: 

Edited by Logan Von Erich
3 people like this

24 minutes ago, Logan Von Erich said:

As someone who will watch literally anything to do with witches, I've really enjoyed it. It's nothing like the original Sabrina: The Teenage Witch series, but I really like the new portrayal of witchcraft as a religiously-based concept where they derive their powers from Satan. Kiernan Shipka and Ross Lynch were great casting choices for their roles, and I've really enjoyed them along with Hilda and Zelda. I thought I would miss Salem being able to talk, but the series hasn't felt lacking at all with him being a normal cat.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for hail satan gif

1 person likes this

On 5/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, Charlotte's Weave said:

Yes, I'm almost done with Season 2. I haven't heard about them changing things because of the internet? 

All the dark themes are still present. 

Okay I’ll have to check it out, we need some new shows to arch these days and this looks like my style.

1 person likes this