Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henry Cavill

WWE announces “Wild Card Rule”

32 posts in this topic

Since no-one watched RAW, WWE announced the latest band-aid to try fix their plummeting ratings.

The latest wrinkle in the ongoing Superstar Shake-up emerged this Monday on Raw when Mr. McMahon announced a new “Wild Card Rule” in which a limited number of Superstars from Raw or SmackDown would be invited to cross brand lines for one-night-only appearances, with unauthorized jumps to be penalized by fines or even potential firing. The number of crossover Superstars was initially capped at three — WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns started things off by appearing on Raw this Monday — though Lars Sullivan evidently persuaded The Chairman to expand the limit to four.

Superstars crossing between Raw and SmackDown LIVE has, of course, occurred on rare occasion since the 2016 Brand Extension, but the “Wild Card Rule” is the first officially-sanctioned blurring of the lines between Team Red and Team Blue Superstars. (The exceptions before tonight had been Becky Lynch, who holds both the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Titles, and The IIconics, who are eligible to appear on all brands as the free-floating WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions). And although this isn’t to say we’re about to go back to the days of Raw SuperShows or do away with the Brand Extension, there are some staggering implications to the rule depending on who decides to take advantage of it: The main event of the Wild Card’s maiden voyage was Raw’s first true WWE Championship Match since 2016, and AJ Styles has already openly speculated about getting some friends from SmackDown LIVE to back him up against Universal Champion Seth Rollins. 

As always, it will take a while before the true impact of the “Wild Card Rule” is realized, but it’s sure to make things very, very interesting going forward. See which new matchups will be made possible by the “Wild Card Rule” by tuning in to Raw and SmackDown LIVE, Monday and Tuesday nights at 8/7 C on USA Network.

NMb9.gif

This is tragic. What is the point of having a brand split and drafting these Superstars in the first place?

2 people like this

"but it’s sure to make things very, very interesting going forward"

Are the people in the Creative Team really so full of themselves? Lawd help us out

3 people like this

they are truly over

I see that a better creative team is still not an option. 

2 people like this

This is some TNA shit. 

Can we stick to the regular or at least regurgitate some Attitude era titles and stage ideas?

Just embarrassing it’s tome to fire the creative team, and Vince at this point.

S7WVAki.gif

Fox is going to kill this come October.

Can they announce the season finale 

AamLBzt.gif

3 people like this

Yeah, this is just bad. They are making it hard to watch, honestly. 

Time to prepare for the final episode of the WWE.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, LIVin the Riott said:

Are the people in the Creative Team really so full of themselves? Lawd help us out

Yep. And I want to say it's because they're people with no experience in show business beyond this, but some of them have the legacy attached of being on it for years and years and think they're the reason the show has been on the air for so long and not the cultivated audience. :ahh: 

Poor y'all.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Time to prepare for the final episode of the WWE.

I’m kinda ready. I can’t believe we’re seeing the biggest wrestling company crumble like this, even after they sucked the independent scene dry of talent. :ahh: Like at this point, they either get their writing together or it will be downhill from here on out since most people on social media are just as tired as we are.

ImagineHowTired.mp3 

10 people like this

So basically we'll never see people like Ruby Riott or Mickie James on TV ever again because they're just going to over-expose people at the top of the card instead. Smackdown already has enough trouble getting their roster on the show and now they're going to put Raw people on there? Fuck that.

12 people like this

13 minutes ago, LanaTheBest said:

So basically we'll never see people like Ruby Riott or Mickie James on TV ever again because they're just going to over-expose people at the top of the card instead. Smackdown already has enough trouble getting their roster on the show and now they're going to put Raw people on there? Fuck that.

Mickie should've never come back! Her present WWE run is very depressing, it hurts to watch. 

1 person likes this

Good luck with getting that Emmy recognition you speak of

AamLBzt.gif

3 people like this

3 hours ago, LIVin the Riott said:

You see who they’re hiring to give responsibilities for creative decisions? Middle age men that have podcast that cater to smarks. See what happens when you listen to r/SquaredCircle?

AamLBzt.gif

4 people like this

21 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

AamLBzt.gif

There was a story floating around about a writer getting fired because he took storyline changes "too personally", and if the result is this, ratings drops and sizable drops in your quarterly earnings, like what will cause the actual caring to kick in gdkjgd

It is so sad that they get by with passes because of the fans and the industry not being able to compete while actual storytellers with stakes in their shows often don't make it to season two or three, let alone twenty-six uninterrupted years on air.

AamLBzt.gif

4 people like this

20 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

AamLBzt.gif

I have to laugh, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard. WWE winning an Emmy, with this writing :ahh:

Related image

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Cooksie said:

There was a story floating around about a writer getting fired because he took storyline changes "too personally", and if the result is this, ratings drops and sizable drops in your quarterly earnings, like what will cause the actual caring to kick in gdkjgd

It is so sad that they get by with passes because of the fans and the industry not being able to compete while actual storytellers with stakes in their shows often don't make it to season two or three, let alone twenty-six uninterrupted years on air.

AamLBzt.gif

Yeah, I work in the journalism/creative writing field and I have no idea how they function and how this company is still in business with all the last minute changes that take place. There should be several long term, cohesive plans from a creative standpoint. I'm -

Anyone who wants to work in a creative field should watch WWE for lessons on what not to do, LMAO. 

Image result for becky lynch shaking head gif

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

AamLBzt.gif

! Maybe AEW will give them the bop in the head that’s been a long time coming, but I won’t hold my breath. WWE has monopolized pro wrestling as such that when it tanks, the rest of the industry responds accordingly. For WWE to improve their story output, there will have to be fundamental changes in how the company is operated. Hire TV writers foremost, enforce a months-long off season like a traditionally TV show, etc. That’s not happening in our lifetimes though so I’ve already jumped ship with Sasha and Dean.

AamLBzt.gif

10 people like this

I needed a laugh last night so I actually watched the segment via YT and a good laugh is what i got.

I could have thought of several ways to write that segment better than it was. 

This is what they deserve.

AamLBzt.gif

I honestly dont know what is going on backstage with WWE, but they are really fucking up at the moment! On the bright side, what a time for AEW to be debuting in a few months

The wild card rule is embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as Vince's senile decisions whose fingerprints are all over this mess. His ideas are outdated, nonsensical and wreak of desperation. Some superstars are able to make it work but that speaks to how talented the superstars are bc the material they're being given is horrendous. I feel bad for the ones who don't have the charisma or look to get over on their own bc creative is doing no one any favors right now.  

1 person likes this

Them making the brand split essentially useless before they’d ever let SD be the company-backed A-show in anticipation of the Fox move :rot:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

FOX is shipping SmackDown to FS1 within a month, if they don't just cancel it :rot:

Edited by BXBama
1 person likes this