Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

Marvel Phase Four and Beyond | SPOILER BAN LIFTED

6 posts in this topic

Avengers-Endgame-banner-poster.jpg

Now. Disregarding the forum's spoiler rules, I thought that since the internet's spoiler ban on Avengers: Endgame is lifted and because I figure everyone who planned to see it already saw it, I thought let's have an open discussion and speculate on the future of the MCU. What do we know? What's been confirmed? What are our theories?

avengers_thanos_concept.0.jpg

The Black Widow arc is now outdated and non-sensical given the circumstances. It pains me that the film will exist as nothing more than a retrospective and likely only emcompass her origin story, while having little to no bearing on the current events standing in the MCU. That is, of course, unless they run some bullshit angle where she is ~magically rejuvenated somehow (as is a running arc in the superhero comicverse), in which I just might kms. I apologize for the word vomit this coconut rum is providing right now, but I'm just unable to make sense of where BW is headed without some provided closure.

Of the upcoming programs, I would like to say that I'm most excited for the third installment of GotG w/ the addition of Thor, but given how the second one played out, idts.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Maxim said:

The Black Widow arc is now outdated and non-sensical given the circumstances. It pains me that the film will exist as jothing more than a retrospective and likely only emcompass her origin story, while having little to no bearing on the current events standing in the MCU. That is, of course, unless they run some bullshit angle where she is ~magically rejuvenated somehow (as is a running arc in the superhero comicverse), in which I just might kms. I apologize for the word vomit this coconut rum is providing right now, but I'm just unable to make sense of where BW is headed without some provided closure.

Of the upcoming programs, I would like to say that I'm most excited for the third installment of GotG w/ the addition of Thor, but given how the second one played out, idts.

Her movie is basically useless. She was irrelevant in almost all The Avengers movies, had she had an origin movie before hand maybe people would have cared about her death. Instead this just seems like a wasted movie for phase 4 cause we already know the endgame for her.

Anyways they better give me a Doctor Doom movie, and Rogue better be brought back and portrayed like the bad bitch she is in an X-Men movie.

uNtewRg.gif

1 person likes this

I'm actually shocked I didn't catch it earlier than yesterday but it seems Black Panther, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel's literal passing of the gauntlet in the final battle also served as a symbolic passing of the torch. That's our new trinity.

Anyone introduced on the big screen pre-Phase Three (except Ant-Man but he was up last in Phase Two anyway) probably isn't getting a movie appearance again unless it's a prequel like I'm sure Black Widow will be, under a new guise like Sam as Cap or in other franchises like Thor with GOTG. Still holding out for Thor 4 tho! Those who don't show up will be relegated to Disney+ and I could see them leading up to a team-up series like the Netflix shows led up to The Defenders.

They might just do away with big blockbuster team-ups altogether tbh, at least until X-Men. The Avengers title has to be dead, because there's no topping Endgame's scale anytime soon. The only way I can see right now is if they have a whole new saga, just a while from now like Star Wars does.

The multiverse has to be the key to expanding the MCU as we know it. All the time travel and stuff had to be confirmed years before the Fox deal but it would be a lie to say it doesn't make introducing these tempting characters very easy.

1 person likes this

So according to the Disney release dates

I think the 2 MCU films in 2020 will be Black Widow and Eternals. Black Widow is most likely a prequel, but I still think there is a slim outside chance that she somehow comes back. It’s just odd having a prequel for a character that we know is already dead. Alternatively, it could show what she did during the five years in between Endgame. Eternals will deal with the Celeastials and the origins of superpowered-beings.

The 3 films in 2021 will probably consist of Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and Doctor Strange 2. Black Panther will deal with Namor and Atlantis after that line in Endgame about the underwater Earthquake. Doctor Strange still has unfinished business with Baron Mordo and Dormammu, however Nightmare is thought to be the villain of the movie. 

The 3 films in 2022. This is where things get a bit tricky. I think two of them will be Asgardians of the Galaxy where Starlord tries to get Gamora back. We’ll also see the introduction of Adam Warlock. We might get Captain Marvel 2 and get the introduction of Ms Marvel. The film will focus on her taking down the supreme intelligence for good. The last 2022 movie is the one I’m not sure about. I don’t think it would be X-Men yet. I don’t think it would be another Avengers yet either. I think it could either be Nova, Fantastic 4, or Ant-Man and Wasp sequel.