Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

AEW Announces TV Deal

38 posts in this topic

They'll be airing on TNT. The old home of WCW Nitro & Thunder. So they really are trying to start a new wrestling war :rot:

4 people like this

I’ve not been into wrestling lately, and I’m over taking the shit that wwe has been serving us. So I’m open  to see ing what AEW has to provide. 

11 people like this

10 minutes ago, Daniel42 said:

I know a lot of people here trash on them, but I wish them luck and look forward to it. I'm deprived of a good mainstream wrestling company, and hopefully the competition wakes Vince up.

I do wish them well and I'm intrigued to see what they do. For me, part of my annoyance with them was it seemed like they went to the Dixie Carter school of PR. A lot of announcements and saying a lot to hype fans up...without really saying anything at all. It's nice to see actual developments happening now.

5 people like this

I'm honestly perched and ready for the war to begin.

I wish them the best of luck.

3o7TKA8Fu4srGFW8Ug.gif

5 people like this

Damn, honestly I was ready for them to announce a deal with some unknown TV station (like Impact on Pop) but TNT is legit. I'm very interested to see how this goes and will be tuning in. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Seductress said:

I’ve not been into wrestling lately, and I’m over taking the shit that wwe has been serving us. So I’m open  to see ing what AEW has to provide. 

Damn, you said it sis. I'm low key excited about this. I have fond memories of watching WCW as a kid and sometimes I miss it, so it's poetic that AEW is making its home in WCW's former stomping grounds. I'm hoping they really show out and give Vince a kick in the ass! 

Image result for wcw gif

1 person likes this

I honestly hope they smash. Vince needs something to light a fire under his ass. :rot: 

5 people like this

i might peep for allie but overall this company and their brand are corny tbh, their roster is boring and i feel like the product is going to appeal to smarks :jeigz2:

3 people like this

Didn’t Raw used to be on TNT for a few years before switching to Spike TV, then some other random bullshit channel, before finally settling on USA?

I’m ready tbh :shook: Release Sasha from slavery so they can build it around her :draglina:

4 people like this

34 minutes ago, Gavin said:

i might peep for allie but overall this company and their brand are corny tbh, their roster is boring and i feel like the product is going to appeal to smarks :jeigz2:

Well, their roster is boring because WWE spent the last few years monopolizing the industry. They have a chokehold on their talent now because they're a bit shook they will jump ship there is no one to snatch when WWE has them all.

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well, their roster is boring because WWE spent the last few years monopolizing the industry. They have a chokehold on their talent now because they're a bit shook they will jump ship there is no one to snatch when WWE has them all.

i mean there are a lot of wrestlers wwe released that they could sign but i guess they aren't trying to go the tna route :shrug: 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I already smell the backtracking and panicking the second the first couple of shows happen and people don't use :rot: 

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, Gavin said:

i mean there are a lot of wrestlers wwe released that they could sign but i guess they aren't trying to go the tna route :shrug: 

That could be the case, however, I could see them picking up former WWE talent if they prove to be successful in the future. For the moment it's just an opportunity for them considering most fans are tired of WWE's shit it probably gives them a boost for now.  

I'm excited for the possibility of AEW but I don't want it to feel like people on reddit are writing the show. I hope it's a legitimately creative television product with dynamic characters and real drama. Match quality is important but as you can see in NXT, the novelty of high energy matches wears off after you've seen it a few times. Adam Cole and Johnny Garganno are tremendous wrestlers but their match at the last takeover was ridiculously overproduced which was done just for shock factor. It's like can you just end the damn match after the 32nd finisher please? Thanks. 

I want from AEW the same thing I want from WWE, interesting characters with clear motives whose actions are in line with who they are as people. I'm tired of heels and faces, that's such an outdated concept. Write three dimensional characters that do both good and bad things bc they're human and then just let the fans decide which characters resonate. 

11 people like this

WWE has the best talent in the world but is so complacent in creativity. I hope AEW really succeeds and challenges WWE to do better.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Majesty said:

I'm excited for the possibility of AEW but I don't want it to feel like people on reddit are writing the show. I hope it's a legitimately creative television product with dynamic characters and real drama. Match quality is important but as you can see in NXT, the novelty of high energy matches wears off after you've seen it a few times. Adam Cole and Johnny Garganno are tremendous wrestlers but their match at the last takeover was ridiculously overproduced which was done just for shock factor. It's like can you just end the damn match after the 32nd finisher please? Thanks. 

I want from AEW the same thing I want from WWE, interesting characters with clear motives whose actions are in line with who they are as people. I'm tired of heels and faces, that's such an outdated concept. Write three dimensional characters that do both good and bad things bc they're human and then just let the fans decide which characters resonate. 

I think this can be accomplished with protagonists and antagonists, which are staples of storytelling in general, not just wrestling; it's just wrestling's presentation of the construct that is antiquated, as you said in the other thread.

The idea of this being gone (Cody mentioned something about getting rid of it and going in this direction) worries me because I think it would be very difficult to understand conflict or follow a story if everything narrative wise is fan-decided.

4 people like this

I've had faith and high hopes for AEW ever since it's inception. Mainly because of Tony Khan, and who he has running it. It's not being ran by a bunch of out of touch old guys, and that itself is refreshing. It's still so early, but I'm hoping they become very popular, and put out an engaging product.I also hope that this lights a fire under WWE's butts. 

I wish them well, even though I’m not particularly intrigued with what they have to offer.

4 people like this

Good luck to them but their description of the product seems too shady towards WWE and not appealing to the wider audience. They don't want soap storylines and want to let wrestlers control their characters? Well, that's all fine but what will the excuses be when the product gets boring then, too? Can't put it on wrestlers being held back or not having the creative control. Just great matches aren't going to cut it. 205 Live will tell you that.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Cooksie said:

I think this can be accomplished with protagonists and antagonists, which are staples of storytelling in general, not just wrestling; it's just wrestling's presentation of the construct that is antiquated, as you said in the other thread.

The idea of this being gone (Cody mentioned something about getting rid of it and going in this direction) worries me because I think it would be very difficult to understand conflict or follow a story if everything narrative wise is fan-decided.

It seems like they are going towards a more adult-like sense of storytelling going by what they have already put out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLnNAt8kxQ

If the narration is the same from their youtube series, they will have characters that are antagonist but also will have developments that validate them.

We're here for Adam Page!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SaraLaGarcia said:

I’m ready tbh :shook: Release Sasha from slavery so they can build it around her :draglina:

Me suddenly waking up to wrestling again with a laptop to format & host the live chats.

Sasha and a few beefcakes please.

:beckytate: