Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

AEW Announces TV Deal

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cooksie said:

I think this can be accomplished with protagonists and antagonists, which are staples of storytelling in general, not just wrestling; it's just wrestling's presentation of the construct that is antiquated, as you said in the other thread.

The idea of this being gone (Cody mentioned something about getting rid of it and going in this direction) worries me because I think it would be very difficult to understand conflict or follow a story if everything narrative wise is fan-decided.

I totally see what you're saying but when I mean in removing the whole heel vs faces dynamic I mean stopping the ridiculousness of shoe horning heels to do bad things all the time and insult cities for no apparent reason while faces tend to be happy go lucky and squeaky clean. Then all the heels being friends bc we're all bad and all the faces being friends bc we're all good probably makes me the angriest out of anything bc it diminishes the personality of your characters.

Take Carmella, Bayley and Sasha for example. Bayley and Sasha are best friends, Bayley and Carmella are best friends too but Sasha and Carmella can't stand one another. Carmella doesn't need to be a heel for Sasha to hate her, they can just not get along bc they're not two people who are meant to be friends with one another just like in real life. Explore that and tell me why these two women don't like each other and that could be the premise of their feud. Things shouldn't feel so linear where it's like we have X amount of wrestlers who are good and X amount of wrestlers who are bad and we can only build stories by taking one from each side and facing them off against one another.

1 person likes this

AEW is such an ugly name.

I’d be excited if this wasn’t a Cody/Brandy vanity project.

2 people like this

ready for "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" to hit and Tenille comes out :laycry: 

3 people like this

13 hours ago, Gavin said:

i might peep for allie but overall this company and their brand are corny tbh, their roster is boring and i feel like the product is going to appeal to smarks :jeigz2:

I know, right? From what I've seen, Allie is the only thing I care for.

Also, your Caylee/Christina gifs are slaying me. :shook:

Good for them! I’m excited to see what they have to offer 👏🏽

2 people like this

They are doing a whole lot of talking that goes nowhere, but I hope they succeed in this niche business to create competition.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:38 AM, Gavin said:

i might peep for allie but overall this company and their brand are corny tbh, their roster is boring and i feel like the product is going to appeal to smarks :jeigz2:

I’d say only their women’s division is boring. Their men’s division is actually very strong 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Layout said:

I’d say only their women’s division is boring. Their men’s division is actually very strong 

RwR6BlA.gif

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

RwR6BlA.gif

Neville, Omega and most the Lucha Underground roster sounds pretty strong to mia

XG47p6o.gif.419b905dd4b567b02cad3848c77b

A surprisingly nice interview with Codiana addressing some of the concerns I had on the previous page (in weirdly similar verbiage too, a hen at heart always)

TL;DR
- There will be protagonists and antagonists (thanks cuz lol), said he regretted the initial tweet and that the idea of the 'all-bad' heel is being done away with; specifically mentions young wrestlers who do cringeworthy things on Twitter or don't sign autographs under the premise of 'being a heel' as a reason for establishing this.
- Sports-centric product (God help us) where wins and losses matter, the idea is there won't be '50/50 booking' and that those who perform well will be transitioned into the title matches.
- Says there's a loose outline for what stories they'd like to tell over the next year, but that they're going to accommodate acts that become popular.
- Says Brandi secured a deal with KultureCity to make future events sensory inclusive for people with disabilities, such as those on the autism spectrum.
- Talks really briefly about corporate people in WWE (mentions George Barrios by name, but doesn't mean to single him out) and the disconnection between the outsider's view of wrestling helping the product in some ways such as bringing in more out there characters and reference points, but alludes that they largely miss the view that performers themselves have.
- Chris, the interviewer, pries for him to spill about the kind of names people request on Twitter to join AEW. The obvious and immediate answer of CM Punk gets kind of delayed before he mentions him by name, lumping him in with Sasha Banks and Randy Orton to be safe.
- Says there will be surprises at Double or Nothing, the show is "100% fanservice" and people with different levels of exposure will be able to enjoy the show and find new favorites.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Cooksie said:

A surprisingly nice interview with Codiana addressing some of the concerns I had on the previous page (in weirdly similar verbiage too, a hen at heart always)

TL;DR
- There will be protagonists and antagonists (thanks cuz lol), said he regretted the initial tweet and that the idea of the 'all-bad' heel is being done away with; specifically mentions young wrestlers who do cringeworthy things on Twitter or don't sign autographs under the premise of 'being a heel' as a reason for establishing this.
- Sports-centric product (God help us) where wins and losses matter, the idea is there won't be '50/50 booking' and that those who perform well will be transitioned into the title matches.
- Says there's a loose outline for what stories they'd like to tell over the next year, but that they're going to accommodate acts that become popular.
- Says Brandi secured a deal with KultureCity to make future events sensory inclusive for people with disabilities, such as those on the autism spectrum.
- Talks really briefly about corporate people in WWE (mentions George Barrios by name, but doesn't mean to single him out) and the disconnection between the outsider's view of wrestling helping the product in some ways such as bringing in more out there characters and reference points, but alludes that they largely miss the view that performers themselves have.
- Chris, the interviewer, pries for him to spill about the kind of names people request on Twitter to join AEW. The obvious and immediate answer of CM Punk gets kind of delayed before he mentions him by name, lumping him in with Sasha Banks and Randy Orton to be safe.
- Says there will be surprises at Double or Nothing, the show is "100% fanservice" and people with different levels of exposure will be able to enjoy the show and find new favorites.

That’s really cool to make the events sensory inclusive 

I don't even go up for Bayley like that, but this seems unnecessary. Playing off of anti-WWE sentiment & all of this fan service is cute for now, but people are going to get sick of it.

Cody Rhodes and AEW had a lot of things to consider when starting their new company. One of the most important things they had to think about was stacking a roster full of the kind of stars they want.

While at Starrcast, Cody Rhodes opened up about Kylie Rae. He spoke about how genuine she is and not fake. In the process he threw some pretty big shade at Bayley in the process.

“We did a shoot on road to Double Or Nothing and someone was sent to interview Kylie and man, what a ball of emotion and that’s what we wanted someone passionate. And she’s not like wacky inflatable tubemen pretending to be nice.”

The crowd reacted and Cody repeated: “Come on” a couple of times in the process. Then he went on to explain how Kylie Rae is a great fit for AEW due to her passion for the pro wrestling business. It was pretty hard to deny that he took a big shot at The Hugger in the process.