Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariah.

Rumor Surfaces That Henry Cavill is Talking to Marvel to Play Wolverine

20 posts in this topic

The rumors seem to have started on social media. The sources reporting are random as hell and I don't believe it, but Jake Gyllenhaal playing Mysterio first came to light from a random no name source (I still hate that day) and we aren't The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline or Variety, so I can report whatever I want! I just thought this is an interesting theory and would certainly shake the table, so let's gossip and speculate :newspaper: 

FPpa.gif

2 people like this

I doubt they started to work in the x men cast but hopefully this inspires them and cast him in the future. I'm tired of Wolverine but if it has to be someone, it better be king Henry 

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Amlex said:

I doubt they started to work in the x men cast but hopefully this inspires them and cast him in the future. I'm tired of Wolverine but if it has to be someone, it better be king Henry 

giphy.gif

TBH Disney likes to have shit together early so they can start stitching post-credits and shit. Like wasn't Brie announced at Comic Con 2017?

I kinda like this idea too though since Flake fumbled the bag. It's very Hugh Jackman in that it'll be another heart throb version of Wolverine, instead of the rough, angry asshole, but we're whores.

giphy.gif

2 people like this

I would be surprised, personally. Not that it's really that deep, but the swiftness with which he was to shoot down the Superman departure rumors not too long ago makes me think he's clued into something they haven't shopped to the media yet in regards to the soft reboot that makes him optimistic about staying in that franchise for a little bit longer.

2 people like this

I thought that him leaving the Superman role wasn’t official yet? I would be here for this aesthetically but I really enjoyed him as Superman more than I’ve enjoyed a lot of DC’s other castings. He legitimately embodies the role and it’s going to be weird getting him replaced :uhh: 

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, prince. said:

I thought that him leaving the Superman role wasn’t official yet? I would be here for this aesthetically but I really enjoyed him as Superman more than I’ve enjoyed a lot of DC’s other castings. He legitimately embodies the role and it’s going to be weird getting him replaced :uhh: 

Yeah, the material wasn't all there for him to really snap, but I thought he was perfect at the end of Justice League as a traditional Superman instead of the brooding, sad one they had him play prior.

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

TBH Disney likes to have shit together early so they can start stitching post-credits and shit. Like wasn't Brie announced at Comic Con 2017?

I kinda like this idea too though since Flake fumbled the bag. It's very Hugh Jackman in that it'll be another heart throb version of Wolverine, instead of the rough, angry asshole, but we're whores.

giphy.gif

I swear it was the 2016 comic con. Do they ever honestly need that much time if it'll take years before they use them?

But anyway, if there is any truth to this rumor, I do kinda like it.

2 people like this

I don’t like Wolverine, sorry. I know the sweaty fans will want him, but can’t they just give us a Storm-led team or something fresh?

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Yeah, the material wasn't all there for him to really snap, but I thought he was perfect at the end of Justice League as a traditional Superman instead of the brooding, sad one they had him play prior.

This so much! He has a great look, and if they would've let him play what Superman really is, he would've nailed it.

1 person likes this

Here for this to be true.

giphy.gif

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Tamina’s ligaments said:

I don’t believe it tbh. This would be such a huge blow to DC though.

He’s no longer under contract to DC. 

Kinda here for this concept.

1 person likes this

Interesting. Is this perhaps a casting for the next phase of Marvel? Considering it seems like they're going to explore multiverse in the next Spiderman movie perhaps this is a way to bring together the X-Men and what's left of the Avengers. Or even the F4?

1 person likes this

I wouldn't have thought of him, but I'm loving the concept.

1 person likes this

Maybe he’d be able to service this role better because I didn’t care for him as Superman.

oJtujcx.gif

I’m down for this tbh ✌🏽

He's Superman. Nothing else. Damn sure not Wolverine.

oJtujcx.gif

11 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

He’s no longer under contract to DC. 

I know, but it would be funny going from one comic book movie studio straight to another, especially when he was playing the tentpole hero of that universe.

Can DC get their shit together... I’m tired of them losing everybody... They should try to keep him, I heard that their was contract negations for him to stay as superman 😖