Dante.

Ashley Massaro passes away

125 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

!!! I remember upping her stats in SD vs Raw 2008 because while I stopped watching wrestling by then, I remembered her and how much I liked her with Trish, and hoped she was succeeding. This is weird and heartbreaking. :crying2: 

her, torrie and melina were literally my top 3 playables in this game, i’m :ahh: FUCK this is so sad vmakgkwkvkekvmkfkg

5 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

!!! I remember upping her stats in SD vs Raw 2008 because while I stopped watching wrestling by then, I remembered her and how much I liked her with Trish, and hoped she was succeeding. This is weird and heartbreaking. :crying2: 

! Then she went on to SD to find success feuding with Kristal, Jillian and Michelle. :shook: 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, prince. said:

her, torrie and melina were literally my top 3 playables in this games, i’m :ahh: FUCK 

same, those three, mickie and candice were my raw girls, everyone else fucked off on sd with no title. :cry: 

what @Travis and @Ninja Balenciaga said is true, it hits different when it's a woman because there's been so few of them and every single one of them have contributed something at some point, and are collectively burned in our memories.

10 people like this

This is so heartbreaking. RIP

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Travy Massaro said:

I'm in complete and utter shock right now. This cannot be real. I'm bawling my eyes out right now. Rest in peace, angel. You were way too young to go.

:heart: :heart: :heart: 

4 people like this

I'm not just saying this now due to the circumstances but I always loved "Be Yourself" for her the most. I just always thought it fit her and was such a nice babyface theme.:shook:

9 people like this

4 minutes ago, BXBama said:

I can’t even process this-

She was literally one of the first wrestlers I ever saw, when I first played SVR ‘08, I would always do her entrance... this is so fucking sad, omg

Her bike shorts were iconic.

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

same, those three, mickie and candice were my raw girls, everyone else fucked off on sd with no title. :cry: 

what @Travis is true, it hits different when it's a woman because there's been so few of them and every single one of them have contributed something at some point, and are collectively burned in our memories.

!!!!!! and like to me, Chyna, for example, didn’t hit as hard because I really didn’t experience her at the time like a lot of you did. 

THIS though :shook: I have so many memories from her 07-08 period replying in my memory right now 

a BADDIE 

tumblr_inline_n236cfZEai1snpcgq.png

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

I always say this but this was the match that got me back into wrestling. :shook: This is just so unreal!

What's crazy is I was humming "Be yourself" the other day like I am just in ....

I low key love this match and them trading holds.

Ashley always seemed like she was trying 100% in her matches but she just didn’t have the athletic ability to be a good wrestler.

So heartbroken. As I tweeted out, it just hits hard when it’s a woman you literally spend your entire childhood watching. Rest in power Punk Princess. :heart: 

My heart goes out to her daughter and of course her co-workers attending this funeral, which is going to be so hard to watch. Travelled the whole world with someone just to bury them young. Whew my heart.

11 people like this

RIP to the Queen. She may not have been the best wrestler ever, but I grew up liking her and she was always wonderful to fans. Sad to see genuinely nice people pass away at such a young age. :(

Just now, Travis said:

And I know this isn't the time but I fucking hate the WWE. Like women like Ashley shouldn't only be mentioned when they're PASSED AWAY. Simple things like mentioning them on commentary, including them on WWE.com galleries, even putting them in video packages. It would make them so happy if they were alive to see it. Let them smell the fucking roses while they're alive. What would happen if Melina were to pass next? Fans would lose their fucking mind, especially since she's been blacklisted from the company.

I just hate how they treat past women. I hope Ashley's daughter is okay :crying: 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t want to see mistreated girls get inducted into the HoF just because they pass away.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

I'm not just saying this now due to the circumstances but I always loved "Be Yourself" for her the most. I just always thought it fit her and was such a nice babyface theme.:shook:

They really don't make em like this :shook: 

A top 5 theme from wwe ever :shook: 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Travis said:

And I know this isn't the time but I fucking hate the WWE. Like women like Ashley shouldn't only be mentioned when they're PASSED AWAY. Simple things like mentioning them on commentary, including them on WWE.com galleries, even putting them in video packages. It would make them so happy if they were alive to see it. Let them smell the fucking roses while they're alive. What would happen if Melina were to pass next? Fans would lose their fucking mind, especially since she's been blacklisted from the company.

I just hate how they treat past women. I hope Ashley's daughter is okay :crying: 

Period.

If they so much as dare to not do the 10 second ring bell this Sunday or on Raw :uhh: 

6 people like this

I know the moment Melina posts something, I'm going to cry :crying2:

7 people like this

I'm utterly devastated. A wrestling related death has never hit me like this one has. Not only because of how unexpected and tragic it is, but also because of how integral Ashley was in me becoming a wrestling fan and importantly, a Diva fan. One of my very first faves, perhaps the very first girl I stanned, and now she's just gone. I'm shaken. So unbelievably sad.

My thoughts go out to her family, her daughter in particular who is still so young. I can't imagine what they're feeling. Thank you Ashley for all the memories and for being such a memorable part of so many of our lives :heart: 

12 people like this

lets talk about a MOMENT, sir. The pretty ass pyro :shook: 🤟🏽

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

They really could have brought her back at least once :uhh: The fake Stephanie McMahon tweet where she showed so much excitement over the thought of being invited back hurts in hindsight cause you can tell how passionate she is about wrestling and giving back to the fans. All these random men can have little cameos yet the former girls can’t. Why??

10 people like this

The way my heart DROPPED when I saw this thread.

I'm so heartbroken to hear this unfortunate news. I remember stanning her so hard during her run and always coming to her defense when people ragged on her. I loved her style and of course her iconic hair. She tried so hard to improve despite being thrown into storylines and matches literally a week after winning the Diva Search. No one could be competent with so little time to train. But she always put in a good effort and made us as entertained as possible. It's a shame she wanted so badly to be acknowledged by WWE and wanted to return so much, but never got the opportunity.

RIP Queen :heart: 

Related image

12 people like this