Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoaib.

Survivor

10 posts in this topic

400px-Survivor.borneo.logo.png

Discuss the long-running CBS reality television series that features castaways marooned on an island and divided into tribes, where they must outwit, outplay and outlast in order to be crowned the Sole Survivor here.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched any season since Game Changers (not even JoMo's to kii) because I just kinda fell out of love and didn't feel the same excitement as I once used to BUT I couldn't help but find myself keeping up with speculation on what they'd do for the big Season 40. Redmond finally posted the cast after confirming the theme a few weeks ago and maybe we're shaking a bit?

Spoiler
Quote

As previously revealed on Inside Survivor, for the landmark fortieth season, Survivor will be inviting back a cast of former winners for an epic champion of champions showdown. The cast recently left for Fiji and the season is set to begin filming soon.

Below are the 20 rumored cast members for Season 40 – with HUGE thanks to SurvivorsUnite for all his help.

Amber Mariano
40 · PENSACOLA, FL · ALL-STARS

Danni Boatwright
43 · TONGANOXIE, KS · GUATEMALA

Denise Stapley
48 · CEDAR RAPIDS, IA · PHILIPPINES

Kim Spradlin
36 · SAN ANTONIO, TX · ONE WORLD

Michele Fitzgerald
28 · FREEHOLD, NJ · KAOH RONG

Natalie Anderson
33 · EDGEWATER, NJ · SAN JUAN DEL SUR

Parvati Shallow
36 · LOS ANGELES, CA · MICRONESIA

Sandra Diaz-Twine
44 · FAYETTEVILLE, NC · PEARL ISLANDS, HEROES VS. VILLAINS

Sarah Lacina
35 · CEDAR RAPIDS, IA · GAME CHANGERS

Sophie Clarke
29 · WILSBORO, NY · SOUTH PACIFIC

Adam Klein
28 · SAN FRANCISCO, CA · MILLENIALS VS. GEN-X

Ben Driebergen
36 · BOISE, ID · HEROES VS. HEALERS VS. HUSTLERS

Ethan Zohn
45 · NEW YORK, NY · AFRICA

Jeremy Collins
41 · FOXBORO, MA · CAMBODIA

Nick Wilson
28 · WILLIAMSBURG, KY · DAVID VS. GOLIATH

Rob Mariano
43 · PENSACOLA, FL · REDEMPTION ISLAND

Tony Vlachos
45 · JERSEY CITY, NJ · CAGAYAN

Tyson Apostol
39 · HEBER CITY, UT · BLOOD VS. WATER

Wendell Holland
35 · PHILADELPHIA, PA · GHOST ISLAND

Yul Kwon
44 · CONCORD, CA · COOK ISLANDS

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-40-cast-revealed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this show. It's my mom and I's thing. Even when I moved out, we text during the show. When I was in college sometimes she'd drive over and we'd have dinner in my apartment while watching lol

The 40th season sounds... idk. Sometimes I get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. Unless it's Russell. I love him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Katy said:

I love this show. It's my mom and I's thing. Even when I moved out, we text during the show. When I was in college sometimes she'd drive over and we'd have dinner in my apartment while watching lol

The 40th season sounds... idk. Sometimes I get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. Unless it's Russell. I love him

Yeah, same. I've never been desperate for this theme in general. I guess it's because they only did Game Changers which had a good handful of fan faves a couple years ago and this theme always comes up, even if the actual execution probably won't justify the hype. I'm just pleasantly surprised at some of the names they managed to get.

Spoiler

I was expecting names like JT and Tina who we've seen enough of and the big worry was that there would be too much recency bias. But Amber? Ethan? Yul? Of course, seeing Parvati play again for the first time in a decade is too exciting a concept to pass up as well, even if I think she's likely to be out early. That's going to be the only bummer, if the big hitters/legends fall early, especially since (as of yet) I'm not familiar with like 1/3 of the men who won in the last two years. The winner CANNOT be a dud.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

Yeah, same. I've never been desperate for this theme in general. I guess it's because they only did Game Changers which had a good handful of fan faves a couple years ago and this theme always comes up, even if the actual execution probably won't justify the hype. I'm just pleasantly surprised at some of the names they managed to get.

  Hide contents

I was expecting names like JT and Tina who we've seen enough of and the big worry was that there would be too much recency bias. But Amber? Ethan? Yul? Of course, seeing Parvati play again for the first time in a decade is too exciting a concept to pass up as well, even if I think she's likely to be out early. That's going to be the only bummer, if the big hitters/legends fall early, especially since (as of yet) I'm not familiar with like 1/3 of the men who won in the last two years. The winner CANNOT be a dud.

 

I wish they'd bring Fairplay back again. But I remember the second time, he quit, and Jeff was pissed. I don't think Jeff likes him much lol

 

Spoiler

I am not a Parvati fan at all. I like Sandra, but she's been back how many times? She's coming back for this upcoming season as a "mentor" with Rob, which again, how many times are you gonna come back?!

And honestly, I wish they'd dial it back a touch, go back to certain aspects. I feel like it's been years since we've had a season where a tribe truly suffered. They almost always have fire within the first day or two. Nobody ever really goes on about being hungry. I remember after the early seasons, they'd show before and after pictures of them and show how much weight they lost and all that. (And the women would have such hairy armpits lol) To me it's become way more of a social game than it is about surviving. I almost think they have it too easy anymore. And I swear, if they don't bring back Survivor auction, or the challenges where they have to eat the native "delicacies" I am going to be so sad. It's been so long since we've seen any of that. I miss it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her return :shook: 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Katy said:

I wish they'd bring Fairplay back again. But I remember the second time, he quit, and Jeff was pissed. I don't think Jeff likes him much lol

 

  Reveal hidden contents

And honestly, I wish they'd dial it back a touch, go back to certain aspects. I feel like it's been years since we've had a season where a tribe truly suffered. They almost always have fire within the first day or two. Nobody ever really goes on about being hungry. I remember after the early seasons, they'd show before and after pictures of them and show how much weight they lost and all that. (And the women would have such hairy armpits lol) To me it's become way more of a social game than it is about surviving. I almost think they have it too easy anymore. And I swear, if they don't bring back Survivor auction, or the challenges where they have to eat the native "delicacies" I am going to be so sad. It's been so long since we've seen any of that. I miss it!

I don't know, it's definitely become way more about surviving within the game than surviving period and some twists are overkill (like everything I've heard about the season that just ended), but I remember some of the last seasons I saw had pretty bad weather conditions at least. YES to the auction though. Probst said they got rid of it because everyone would just wait for the advantages but there has to be solutions to that rather than getting rid of a Survivor staple altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandra, Parvati and Natalie

:clap: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also haven't watched the show since Game Changers (I hear David vs. Goliath is a good season though), but mess at someone being voted out day 9 returning and winning over two people who were there the whole 39 days :skull: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

I don't know, it's definitely become way more about surviving within the game than surviving period and some twists are overkill (like everything I've heard about the season that just ended), but I remember some of the last seasons I saw had pretty bad weather conditions at least. YES to the auction though. Probst said they got rid of it because everyone would just wait for the advantages but there has to be solutions to that rather than getting rid of a Survivor staple altogether.

I think it would be cool if they'd do a "Back to Basics" season. No hidden idols, no secret advantages, no flint unless you win a challenge (that includes tribal when Jeff would make them put their flames out before heading back to camp!), Just straight up Survivor. And that makes sense about the auction. They could bring that back in the idea I suggested. He can straight up tell them, "There is no advantage at the end of this. It's food and luxury items. The end."

19 hours ago, Kiki said:

I also haven't watched the show since Game Changers (I hear David vs. Goliath is a good season though), but mess at someone being voted out day 9 returning and winning over two people who were there the whole 39 days :skull: 

It wasn't really messy though. They were still out on an island for 39 days and still had to play hard. Plus he beat the true top guy in a fire making challenge, so it was pretty fair in my opinion. All he didn't do were the challenges, except for the ones with the chance to get back in the game. And the two he went up against didn't do squat in the game so... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.