Mariah.

Rumor Suggests Vanessa Hudgens is Being Considered for Catwoman in Matt Reeves' "The Batman"

24 posts in this topic

Robert Pattinson was revealed to be Warner Bros.’ top choice for the new Caped Crusader last week and now, fresh rumors are speculating who could fill out the rest of the cast of director Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Including who may be the Selina Kyle to Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne.

The BYO Show YouTube channel is claiming that they were informed the former Twilight star was set to don the cape and cowl next back in January. Given that this has now turned out to be the case, they’ve decided to share the other casting intel they heard at the time, which includes that the studio’s top pick for Catwoman is Vanessa Hudgens.

Like Pattinson, Hudgens got her big break in a franchise that, while popular with teen viewers, isn’t known for being a critical darling (to put it nicely): High School Musical. Since then, however, she’s proven her range in projects such as Netflix’s Polar, Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills and Sucker Punch (from Batman V Superman director Zack Snyder). She’s even joined the DC universe before, in NBC’s short-lived sitcom Powerless, which saw her act opposite 1960s Batman Adam West.

Catwoman was previously reported to be part of The Batman‘s bumper line up of villains, as Reeves is supposedly including six of the Dark Knight’s rogues gallery in the movie. The Penguin is said to be the main foe, with Selina Kyle in second place. The Riddler could then be the tertiary antagonist. Typically, Kyle isn’t presented as a total villain though, so we’d expect her to be playing both sides.

The Batman is said to be shooting at the end of this year, with its release date locked in for June 25th, 2021. While we wait for more concrete casting news, let us know your thoughts on Vanessa Hudgens potentially being the next Catwoman in the comments section down below.

Source

Anna ou? Is underrated teen icons of the late 00s finally getting their due the theme? This is left field and that's what excites me the most, they must have saw something and I thought she was so great and charismatic in Grease Live. Interested to see how this develops.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

7 people like this

pass.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

1 person likes this

she’ll slay it so I hope she gets it :shook: It has always surprised me that she didn’t have the success of Zac Efron (well, eh) when she’s miles ahead of him when it comes to talent. 

Depending on how involved Catwoman will be in the film (and if she gets it obvi) I think this could finally be the big break she deserves.

7 people like this

High School Musical has a special place in my heart so I’m always keen to see anybody from that movie! 

1 person likes this

She does deserve better. But I don't see her in this.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

4 hours ago, prince. said:

she’ll slay it so I hope she gets it :shook: It has always surprised me that she didn’t have the success of Zac Efron (well, eh) when she’s miles ahead of him when it comes to talent. 

Depending on how involved Catwoman will be in the film (and if she gets it obvi) I think this could finally be the big break she deserves.

White america couldn't get pass her nude pictures. 

Anyway I hope she does well in this role. Hopefully this turns into a Anne Hathaway situation where she slays after people doubt her!!!!

3 people like this

Are they casting every 00's teen fad for this film?

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, blond. said:

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

They sure are and I am LIVING.

4 people like this

omfg if she brings the same messy energy to this that she did in Beastly this movie will be a never ending kii. Whew Batman and Robin might finally have some competition
l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

She can't act tho

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

1 person likes this

The girls who only watch WWE every week being the leading authority on acting ability?

giphy.gif

4 people like this

11 hours ago, Mariah. said:

thought she was so great and charismatic in Grease Live. Interested to see how this develops.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

!!! Anyone who does legend Rizzo justice gets a mark, in my books. She's young, which is great for a franchise opportunity and in transition, like Pattinson, which is great for mutual benefit and intrigue about the movie.

Let's just hope these more ballsy castings for the mains doesn't scare them away from what I deserve: Rih as Pamela. Let me not hold my breath tho

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

2 people like this

here for it.

She’s hot and has the look down, but isn’t talented enough for something like this. They’re already getting shit for taking a chance on Rob, they don’t need anymore bad publicity. qsJnkku.gif

14 hours ago, prince. said:

What was she in to make you say this? :dying: 

40 minutes ago, Layout said:

She’s hot and has the look down, but isn’t talented enough for something like this. They’re already getting shit for taking a chance on Rob, they don’t need anymore bad publicity. qsJnkku.gif

Grease Live. She put on the best performance out of the entire cast. She also doesn’t necessarily under perform in her other films, and while this role may not exactly be up her alley, she’s also not untalented and could very well make this her career defining role. 

11 hours ago, blond. said:

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

run this BACK, Robert is not a fad and is getting early Oscar buzz for his film with Willem Dafoe which just premiered at Cannes

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

4 hours ago, Layout said:

Well Zac isn’t talented so it’s not like it would take much.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

OT: She is so underrated and her performances in Grease and Rent live proved that. 90% of the time when people complain about actors that are casted in hero movies, they’re always proved wrong. 

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

3 people like this

5 hours ago, prince. said:

Grease Live. She put on the best performance out of the entire cast. She also doesn’t necessarily under perform in her other films, and while this role may not exactly be up her alley, she’s also not untalented and could very well make this her career defining role. 

Did she also do that performance like a few days after her father died? Girls still want to doubt her and i'm sick.

2 people like this

48 minutes ago, Puggle said:

Did she also do that performance like a few days after her father died? Girls still want to doubt her and i'm sick.

her father passed away the day before or the day OF the performance, it was crazy how she pulled through the way she did :rot: 

I genuinely believe that she could pull this off tbh. I’ve always been a fan :shook: 

2 people like this

Y'all talking about acting abilities and talent for her to serve sex in a catsuit.

qsJnkku.gif

On 5/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, prince. said:

Grease isn’t really my thing, so I didn’t see it. I’ll take your word tho. I personally see her more suited to stuff like Spring Breakers, that’s definitely her niche. 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:07 PM, Josh. said:

Well Zac isn’t talented so it’s not like it would take much.

l0HlK78gOtQnXOa0o.gif

He’s not elite, but certainty not talentless

qsJnkku.gif

I remember everyone punching the casting decision of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in TDKR and I enjoyed her, so I'll more than willing to peep her performance.

1 person likes this