Mariah.

Jon Moxley, Formerly Known As Dean Ambrose, Makes AEW Debut

24 posts in this topic

2 people like this

whew, the precedent is set

Now the smarks talk a lot of shit, but this I KNOW has WWE shaking and fuming :rot:. I said it before, but I now expect this to have a ripple effect with the other disgruntled WWE talent. 

14 people like this

What an amazing debut :shook: This is a big loss for WWE since Ambrose is the kind of talent that can easily make a company. I can’t wait to see other WWE talent show up in AEW :cry:  It’s time the table gets shaken 

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

whew, the precedent is set

Now the smarks talk a lot of shit, but this I KNOW has WWE shaking and fuming :rot:. I said it before, but I now expect this to have a ripple effect with the other disgruntled WWE talent. 

WWE knew and was trying to lock him down. Lmao, remember when WWE first announced that he was leaving And you asked why they would announce it? I think I said probably because they expecting the fans to sway his mind etc to stay and re-sign before April and once they realized he wasn't signing back they just jobbed his ass out his final weeks. They knew they lost him for good at that point.

4 people like this

I'm excited and looking forward to the future of AEW at least for now. :crying:  All of this happening so quickly.

2 people like this

He deserves better than another Jericho feud.

I hope they do Kenny/Dean that’ll be a good feud 👏🏽👏🏽

2 people like this

The fact that not even a full six months ago, my man was doing his best with a corny heel turn and the poor booking decisions that came with it making him look like a joke and now he's kinda the most important wrestler, period? WHEW.

Like, literally all I've heard about from the indy scene for years are the names behind this company, and this company is all I've heard about for the last six months. I feel more excited than ANYTHING in WWE (men wise, but honestly women too besides the first Rumble and ig Evolution) in a long time, even more than said heel turn which I begged for weekly. AEW didn't have me before but I guess I got no choice now! I really hope it works out for him in the long run too because he took a pretty damn huge leap. He deserves the payoff, I'm so proud.

tumblr_ppmg02pMIV1wc94yho3_400.gif

4 people like this

He looks like life has been hard since he left WWE.

1 person likes this

D7eTmu0UcAA9N34.jpg

something smells ...

4 people like this

Oh.

h0ZguRp.gif

It was expected. :draglina:

1 person likes this

Good for him. Pretty good debut too!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, onetooth said:

something smells ...

That’s the smell of excellence

AamLBzt.gif

2 people like this

You can tell that all he wanted to do was wrestle and make matches memorable. With his stint in WWE turning out so lackluster with crappy creative direction, and AEW being founded BY actual wrestlers including Cody, who knows firsthand about wanting to switch gimmicks and being told no, it was an obvious choice for him to jump ship. Good for him.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Kat said:

I hope they do Kenny/Dean that’ll be a good feud 👏🏽👏🏽

Hope so too! If anything, an Omega/Dean feud would definitely elevate him and gain him more fans for people like me who've always been on the fence with Dean. He seems like such a cool dude that was very mishandled by WWE, I never really liked the Dean Ambrose gimmick.

2 people like this

I feel like anyone who is truly unhappy with WWE and decides to leave and do something else, good for them. WWE sucks, and I know it's the "top" of the food chain in wrestling, but being at the top isn't always worth it. So if this makes him (and any others who do the same) happier, then good for them. Maybe WWE shouldn't treat their people like zoo animals.

1 person likes this

Wow! I loved it! My fave did that! 

9 hours ago, Don Draper said:

That’s the smell of excellence

AamLBzt.gif

Him getting every hater in line to comment even though he's been gone a month and they don't have to watch him for years. I always knew he was powerful but his MIND.

AamLBzt.gif

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Katy said:

I feel like anyone who is truly unhappy with WWE and decides to leave and do something else, good for them. WWE sucks, and I know it's the "top" of the food chain in wrestling, but being at the top isn't always worth it. So if this makes him (and any others who do the same) happier, then good for them. Maybe WWE shouldn't treat their people like zoo animals.

! These girls drag WWE about being terrible people one day and then defend them to the grave the next. :rip: 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Josh. said:

! These girls drag WWE about being terrible people one day and then defend them to the grave the next. :rip: 

Stockholm's Syndrome

AamLBzt.gif

Anyway, this was really cute and could hopefully become iconic if things take off for them. I don't think he's going to be the face of the brand by any means but any familiarity you can develop with casuals for a touring ensemble is good. They need to get JR off of commentary though :skull:

Vince knew this was coming lol. The emphasis on The Shield getting a final and definitive end is the giveaway (which just dawned on me). He won't even let Luke Harper out of his contract willingly lmao that man is not worried about Jon Moxley.

Congrats to Jon getting "free" to do as he truly wants tho, hope it works out. 

Jericho looks awful, df?