Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooksie

Jon Moxley Driggity Drags WWE Creative

39 posts in this topic

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/the-emancipation-of-jon-moxley

EDIT: My own TL;DR since Reddit's was so thin.

- Liked doing Make-A-Wish and felt the experiences with the fans made him feel like he had a deeper obligation to stay with WWE and make the most of a bad situation.
- Always hated the "Lunatic Fringe" character and the wacky things and tried to make the best out of the worst; Vince never understood this, as he understood this was who Dean Ambrose was. Says he kind of ruined it by showing he had comedic timing, and all of the sudden, he's getting jokes written for him.
- Eviscerates the creative system, says there are a series of meetings that happen throughout the day and that he was "never more micromanaged" than he was the last four months following his heel turn. Says he knew about the meetings, and how they whittle down throughout the day to only the key officials (Vince, HHH and some other guy? Don't remember his name) and that when it got down to those writers during the day after he told Carrano he wasn't re-signing, that's when it was decided he was going to get attacked by Nia Jax. Praises Nia, says he had no problem working with her ("it's 2019" was his verbiage) but knew this was a slight at their expense after he refused to re-sign.
- Hypothesizes if the hierarchy Vince created for himself in 2002 following WCW's purchase is what prevents him from seeing objectively or changing up the corporate infrastructure (come on wrestling nerd)
- Drags Vince for adding highly distasteful content being shoehorned in about Roman's leukemia during Seth feud, says one line was so bad (wouldn't even say it on air) that he was sure he would've lost his job had he said it and there would've been huge blowback, with them potentially losing sponsorships with Susan G. Komen.
- Tells hilariously recounted stories about him trying to remove a line about a "pooper scooper" during the Seth feud. Said he ran in circles trying to get it removed and then realized that he was doing so much work to not embarrass himself that it baffles him why he wasn't actually telling stories, doing anything that'd get a reaction, etc. The first part of the interview is a tangent about the promo process, pre-tapes and live, and how stressful they were.
- The vaccination promo was the day he wanted to walk out of WWE/knew he'd never turn back.
- Talks about when he was a kid he'd pace around the room and cut promos in the mirror; promos were his favorite part of wrestling but his least favorite part of WWE.
- Says he pitched to return at Summerslam for the bigger pop and surprise, creative said he could before switching it up and then ruining the surprise with Seth's promo during the Raw before Summerslam.
- Praises EC3, somewhat implies EC3's burial might be due to the fans not buying EC3 as a face against Dean during their one-off match. (He was supposed to be face? :rot:)
- Says he likes watching concerts/live performances of people who are the best at their craft and did it while rehabbing their injury, i.e. Queen at Live Aid, says that watching those made him feel depressed because he wasn't at his craft and "playing the music he wanted him to".
- Discusses filming his teaser promo for Double or Nothing in February, spent eight grand and spent two days filming. Shows how conceptual and passionate he is about his character when he's not being produced. Says Vince tried to get him to extend his contract to do the European tour, but said no since he knew he wasn't getting a meaningful 'Mania storyline. Told him he was doing a film project (it was the AEW promo :ahh:)
- Ultimately he says his goal in AEW is for it to be a passion project, do things the way he wants to, be creative. Says he's in a new position where can help the younger talent become accustomed to the live TV aspect like Jericho can, and hopes he can help bring new eyes to the product.

This might not do it justice since his perspective and way of storytelling is hilarious/all his own, so I encourage listening for the full idea of where's he coming from. :clap: 

8 people like this

His Vince impersonation :ahh: 

Ok sir go ahead and tell us how you really feel. I love that he didn't even look at the contract they offered him... that right there speaks volumes. Doesn't matter what they were offering or promises they made, he was so done he was not even going to waste his time looking at it for one moment. 

1 person likes this

I just got done reading this on another site and I am disgusted. The fact that Vince wanted him to run another like about Romans real life cancer was just sick as fuck. :skull:

I’m so glad he spoke out and stood up for himself and kept his ground. Your happiness is way more important than a paycheck. I’m interested to know how many other wrestlers go through this with Vince l. I can’t possibly imagine being frustrated with scripts and just have to deal with it.

2 people like this

The interview is so fucking funny :skull: There is something wrong with him gkdjgdkgjd, the way he'll casually go from speaking in his dry ass voice to doing these over-the-top impersonations of the backstage people :ahh: 

He says he confronted Vince towards the end (that's probably why they didn't give him a sendoff with a proper storyline). He punches Brock and said he's ruining the company :shook: 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Good for him for standing his ground and it sucks that Vince put him in that position re: Roman.

I hope, however, that those who gon gas this up for the next 800 years keep that same exact energy when black wrestlers speak up about their frustrations though. 

Edited by Tatianna
5 people like this

28 minutes ago, Tatianna said:

Good for him for standing his ground and it sucks that Vince put him in that position re: Roman.

I hope, however, that those who gon gas this up for the next 800 years keep that same exact energy when black wrestlers speak up about their frustrations though. 

You know they won't. It's one thing if a universal and non-offensive guy like Ambrose dislikes something vs. when something has social implications that makes wrestling fans feel empathy for anyone but themselves.

Tatianna

2 people like this

His impression on Johnny Ace :ahh: 

Good for him though, I love how he basically said he refused to settle. So many of these wrestlers refuse to leave WWE simply because it’s the top promotion. Not realizing how many more opportunities there are to go after. I couldn’t imagine spending damn near all of my 20s/30s working for a company that refuses to invest in my full potential.

10 people like this

I really respect that he doesn't settle just because WWE is the top wrestling company or because of the paycheck. Hopefully Jon is the first of many to not negotiate. There's too much talent in WWE being held back wasting their prime years when they can be making the most of their talent.

9 people like this

I started doing a write up while I was listening earlier but honestly, there’s way too much to summarise while capturing his exact frustration. It’s WELL worth the listen, not only to understand why he left but the general WWE process. For how done he sounded in most interviews while in WWE, he sounds ALIVE here. I’m screaming :cry: 

I’m so stoked for him—especially as my fave—because this is literally what I’ve been saying for the past five years in regards to the box they put him in when he’s capable of being so much more. He set out to change the business and he’s primed to do it in a bigger way than anyone could have imagined.

9 people like this

GO AWFFFF JON! :clap::popcorn:  Listening to this now! 

I'm just here for the drama :specky:

Related image

47 minutes ago, Josh. said:

His impression on Johnny Ace :ahh: 

Good for him though, I love how he basically said he refused to settle. So many of these wrestlers refuse to leave WWE simply because it’s the top promotion. Not realizing how many more opportunities there are to go after. I couldn’t imagine spending damn near all of my 20s/30s working for a company that refuses to invest in my full potential.

!!! What I say every time about girls like Alicia when people act as if her still being there is a show of passion. If anything, she probably lost her passion a while ago (along with her confidence and self worth, I remember that Lilian podcast) and just does it for the steady check which power to her, but that’s not everybody.

One line that stuck out to me was the Vince “Jedi mind trick” where he repeats that “this is you” and convinces people they are his vision/that they have some kind of input while the person themselves hates it, but is eventually beaten down into doing some version of it. It sounds so telling of why few are actually enjoying themselves because, like he said, they spend more time running around having to get corny shit in the script changed or removed than just being able to create a real story that people can appreciate. They kill your love of wrestling, and that’s why leaving is justified, no matter how ‘successful’ you are. It isn’t worth sacrificing your happiness, among many other things.

14 people like this

I high key feel bad for rat tagging Sasha in that thread when she was just simply ahead of the curve. I don’t think I have seen so much talent be this unhappy with their place in the company whilst being flat out ignored. :skull: 

4 people like this

I can wait for Sasha's contract to expire! I'm not listening to the podcast because fuck Chris Jericho, but based on the summaries i've been reading Vince is killing the company. That man isn't leaving until he dies, and by that point I feel like HHH and Stephanie will be just as senile as Vince. While i don't like Cody or the Young Bucks I hope AEW has all the success in the world so this wretched company will die. I will be tuning in this fall to inflate the numbers against Vince even if the women's division sucks (Which it probably will until Sasha comes)

Perched for the Usos vs the Young Bucks and a Naomi vs Sasha Banks feud in the next few years!

3 people like this

thank you for typing this up!!

I'm glad he's doing what makes him happy again!

1 person likes this

OK, I'm back, almost done with the interview. OMGGGG, holy shit, how is this company still in business? There's no planning for most talent whatsoever! I'm pissed off for them.

As a writer, who thankfully has a good editor after I've worked with bad ones, the most important thing while crafting a story, whether it's a news article, feature, book etccc, structure is important and WWE has none! I can't - 

Image result for what the fuck gif

Like I said in another thread the only thing that's keeping them afloat is blood money from Saudi Arabia and the deal with Fox. I'm hoping Sasha is at home like:

Image result for typing gifImage result for typing and leaving gif

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Cooksie said:

Says Vince tried to get him to extend his contract to do the European tour, but said no since he knew he wasn't getting a meaningful 'Mania storyline. Told him he was doing a film project (it was the AEW promo :ahh:)

this is actually hilarious :ahh: 

wwe creative is actually fucking insane omg, the way I cringed whenever roman's luke keem mia was mentioned. i'm glad dean felt the same.

whew watching this company suffer is so much fun, i'm happy he's at peace and hope it's only positive work from here :clap: 

4 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

!!! What I say every time about girls like Alicia when people act as if her still being there is a show of passion. If anything, she probably lost her passion a while ago (along with her confidence and self worth, I remember that Lilian podcast) and just does it for the steady check which power to her, but that’s not everybody.

One line that stuck out to me was the Vince “Jedi mind trick” where he repeats that “this is you” and convinces people they are his vision/that they have some kind of input while the person themselves hates it, but is eventually beaten down into doing some version of it. It sounds so telling of why few are actually enjoying themselves because, like he said, they spend more time running around having to get corny shit in the script changed or removed than just being able to create a real story that people can appreciate. They kill your love of wrestling, and that’s why leaving is justified, no matter how ‘successful’ you are. It isn’t worth sacrificing your happiness, among many other things.

not yall rat tagging alicia :rot: bitch focus on dean and get off her wig :rot::ahh: 

2 people like this

Good and I am proud of Jon for dragging the WWE for being cunts to theirs stars and Vince McMahon being a sick demented old senile fuck. 

First, I want to take time to appreciate “driggitty drags”

now, shout out to him for leaving. But I also want those same people praising him but dragging Sasha to get their lives.

2 people like this

I for one am glad he stuck it out with the vaccination promo, for the fans. But I'm overall happy he's out of that black hole of a company. Can relate :clap: Hopefully SEVERAL names follow suit, specifically a few of my faves. 

3 people like this

listening to the full thing and whew lord :rot: this place is fucking hell :rot: 

@Shoaib. he actually sounds kinda hot and the way he talks about renee like a bad boi with a motorcycle :shook: i'm supporting jon 

5 people like this

Can security remove @Travis from the premises.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Can security remove @Travis from the premises.

you first, Anti-WWE Diva

Image result for jasmine masters gif

1 person likes this