Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Terminator

Shayna Baszler To The Main Roster?

19 posts in this topic

- There continues to be talk of WWE NXT Champion Adam Cole and NXTWomen's Champion Shayna Baszler coming to the main roster, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. There's no word yet on when the call-ups might happen, but Meltzer noted that Baszler is "supposed to be geared" for a call-up and has everything they're looking for, from her age to her look and her aura. Cole won the title from Johnny Gargano at Saturday's NXT "Takeover: XXV" event, while Baszler retained her title over Io Shirai.

Source:  https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/06/adam-cole-and-shayna-baszler-to-the-main-roster-654798/

It would be something different tbh, and I'm sure she can actually keep up with the better main roster girls, so whatever

:boostfox:

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Black Terminator said:

There's no word yet on when the call-ups might happen, but Meltzer noted that Baszler is "supposed to be geared" for a call-up and has everything they're looking for, from her age to her look and her aura.

Image result for sure jan gif

I don't doubt she'll eventually get called up but, look at Asuka. She's genuinely one of the best wrestlers, male or female, they have and she's sitting in purgatory. Asuka had a legendary reign just like Shayna, it's not a given Shayna is just gonna run over everyone. She sure is better than Ronda but, I don't know.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Charlotte's Weave said:

Image result for sure jan gif

I don't doubt she'll eventually get called up but, look at Asuka. She's genuinely one of the best wrestlers, male or female, they have and she's sitting in purgatory. Asuka had a legendary reign just like Shayna, it's not a given Shayna is just gonna run over everyone. She sure is better than Ronda but, I don't know.

I normally don't throw shade unless it's earned. As well as me being bored. But Shanya does look like an old woman with a hard face look that would break a mirror. The only thing she has is her skills and her two flunkies for MMA Horsewoman. To me Asuka's reign was more memorable then Shayna's. More organic to boot. I do see her getting called up in the fall just in time for Fox. 

3 people like this

Lol, I doubt her age is actually a factor in her favor, but whatever

I feel like a "call up" at this point is a death sentence. WWE doesn't even use half their main roster talent so... lol I would love to know Vince's honest opinion about her.

1 person likes this

She might as well debut and become the 6th women they consistently book.:k2:

2 people like this

I don't care for her at all really, but I'm bored and Liv will never be booked ever again, so they can go for it or whatever. Just as long as they don't make her undefeated for months (I can't stand undefeated streaks that last way too long).

She needs it tbh, her reign is beginning to suffocate NXT. It’s time to move on. 

I don't know how to feel about Shayna. On one hand, I know that she's a really good person outside of the ring, Mia talked about how Shayna and Jessamyn were there for her after she broke her foot and how they were like "We're gonna get you signed, it's your time to show them", along with other personal fan moments I've seen where she's been a great human. However, I feel like she has such a stranglehold on the division, and nobody can grow as a result. Her reign has been more dominating than Asuka's was, but not as memorable. Against Asuka, Bayley's character work made her fight until she passed out, she didn't quit. Ember had Asuka beat until Asuka used the ref as a shield. Nia had to take numerous kicks to the face to be dazed enough to be pinned. Asuka and Nikki tore the place down in NXT and were superplexed through a table. So many people were elevated by Asuka's reign, but Shayna's reign seems like a poor duplicate of it, except nobody really wins against her in matches. Nobody feels elevated. With Asuka, you didn't know if you'd get a fast paced match or one that was methodical, but even with Shayna's working style, it's never been exciting.

With Kairi, Bianca, and Io falling to Shayna, who can believably take the title from her? Mia hasn't been built up as much. Bianca should've won it during the fatal 4-way, with Shayna attempting to win it back at the most recent one last weekend, and then chasing it until Takeover before Summerslam before a call-up.

7 hours ago, DACSI said:

Lol, I doubt her age is actually a factor in her favor, but whatever

A kii! Maybe they just added in filler to a hot tea drip they got to make it a more...idk.

But Adam is definitely welcome to come any time he’s ready. Hopefully at Superslam.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cec1a416e496d6c36

Hope Nattie is ready to lose to her

EMUD39O.gif

Meltzer has no idea to be honest, he's been reporting this for ages now just based on the fact that Shayna is old. Obviously they are going to get called up at some stage but clearly there are no imminent plans for either of them.

49 minutes ago, HR said:

Meltzer has no idea to be honest, he's been reporting this for ages now just based on the fact that Shayna is old. Obviously they are going to get called up at some stage but clearly there are no imminent plans for either of them.

It’s clear she isn’t leaving until post summerslam takeover the earliest. At this point he should stop speaking on it.

1 person likes this

Shayna bearing up the faces all Summer😮

I've kinda given up on WWE at the moment, mainly because I feel like they just dont know what the f*ck they are doing with their roster right now. Part of me believes that bringing in Shayna wouldn't change that, and they would just kill any hype that she has got from NXT... because that is exactly what they have done with Asuka. In my opinion, if they were to bring Shayna to SMACKDOWN, let her take out Bayley and completely destroy her... and then lead to a feud with her then that would be golden. But as always.. I dont think that will EVER happen. They will probably debut her on a moment of bliss, and she will end up in a couple of high profile matches on RAW/SD (because who knows what the fuck is happening right now with the brand split?) and just get lost in the stuffle. MEH

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, D0dz said:

I've kinda given up on WWE at the moment, mainly because I feel like they just dont know what the f*ck they are doing with their roster right now. Part of me believes that bringing in Shayna wouldn't change that, and they would just kill any hype that she has got from NXT... because that is exactly what they have done with Asuka. In my opinion, if they were to bring Shayna to SMACKDOWN, let her take out Bayley and completely destroy her... and then lead to a feud with her then that would be golden. But as always.. I dont think that will EVER happen. They will probably debut her on a moment of bliss, and she will end up in a couple of high profile matches on RAW/SD (because who knows what the fuck is happening right now with the brand split?) and just get lost in the stuffle. MEH

I totally agree (and it's SAD) 😩

Last months have been boring as f*ck, but I still hope they'll be able to rebuild the Smackdown division (while I can't see it on Raw)

On 6/4/2019 at 2:34 AM, HR said:

Yeah, there have been plenty of instances where they could've called her up already, yet here we are. If the reports of Becky continuing to feud with Lacey/Charlotte are true and if WWE and Sasha are back in contact again with Sasha possibly returning late summer, then Shayna probably ain't getting called up until around next year's Road to WM/post-WM. And that's not even considering how weak and barren NXT's heel roster is right now. It's basically Shayna, Bianca(who's momentum has really dropped recently) and from there Vanessa Borne & Aliyah(who are not even on the fringes of the title picture to put it nicely). 

Shayna would be a welcome addition to the main roster, I could totally see her taking that top heel spot. I’m dying for her to be called up even if it’s just so she can get away from that NXT title scene. They’ve written the women’s division around her for what feels like forever at this point.