Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Canary

“X-Men: Dark Phoenix” First Reviews Are In

24 posts in this topic

Currently at 17% with 52 reviews.

Should have known they would still mess up her character.

gbmUaLp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

1 person likes this

This is really a shame because I was so looking forward to seeing this film ! 

1 person likes this

and i - oop.

Image result for kairi sane door gif

Marvel needs to just reboot the entire X-Men franchise, it's way too uneven...

2 people like this

So, the 90s' cartoon series still remains the only one to correctly adapt the Dark Phoenix saga. I mean, in that series Jean was a member from Day 1. We saw her relationship and bonds with the other members of the team over the course of 2 seasons. So when we saw her become "The Phoenix", make her heroic sacrifice, be resurrected and get corrupted and become a villain it meant something. It basically was the same blueprint that the MCU used where they built up and developed their characters over several films so the audience could grow attached and care for them.

Instead, we were introduced to her for a bit in the last movie and then boom! have her go Dark Phoenix in the next film. It's just so rushed and lazy.

5 people like this

Hmm I wil wait to watch it with my own eyes. People also praise First Class and I found it really boring 

2 people like this

You'll get my review on Friday.

2 people like this

I knew we could never trust them with making another Dark Phoenix movie. Just let Marvel reboot the series for good.

I can’t believe JLaw and Fassbender really wasted their careers on this franchise. Where are they now???

No offense but I never pay attention to critics I rather see the movie myself and then share my feelings. I’ve watched movies throughout the years that I’ve enjoyed and see people bash etc. 

Then again this is just me. 

2 people like this

See, I'd reserve the right to see it myself, but Apocalypse was boring as shit, this kinda looked like shit and the critics I DO trust are saying it's shit. Guess that'll be that. See you in MCU in 2024

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

See, I'd reserve the right to see it myself, but Apocalypse was boring as shit, this kinda looked like shit and the critics I DO trust are saying it's shit. Guess that'll be that. See you in MCU in 2024

We should bootleg again, I haven't watched a comedy in a minute 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Eric said:

No offense but I never pay attention to critics I rather see the movie myself and then share my feelings. I’ve watched movies throughout the years that I’ve enjoyed and see people bash etc. 

Then again this is just me. 

Same here! I’d rather trust my own opinion on stuff, cause everyone has different tastes. 

1 person likes this

I went and saw it and it's pretty meh.

Spoiler

I liked the Dazzler cameo.

JLaw didn't even try. Girl, you knew it was your final movie as Mystique and you phoned it in.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, Amlex said:

Hmm I wil wait to watch it with my own eyes. People also praise First Class and I found it really boring 

They hated Apocalypse and it was my favorite since X2. People put too much stock in other peoples opinions.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They hated Apocalypse and it was my favorite since X2. People put too much stock in other peoples opinions.

!! I liked Apocalypse too #NotLikeMostGirls

1 person likes this

At least Jennifer for paid.. I hope DC casts her as Super Girl.. good luck to the rest of the cast too x

I liked it. It wasn't the Dark Phoenix saga though. It was very in the lane of Phoenix Endsong, which should have been the title. The pacing was very fast, it felt very Netflix original because of it. Nothing looked cheap, visuals were hot and some effects that have never been attempted in a movie were done in this one to positives. Jennifer Lawrence served here and I like her acting so much more now than I did in Apocalypse (where she didn't care) and First Class (where she overacted). There was a level of maturity to her performance here and I got a bit choked up when she died.

Spoiler

Here telling Hank that she just needed to catch her breathe hit me hard.

Sophie Turner had me by my fucking wig. She felt like Jean in this movie and when she kept switching over to Phoenix, you felt the turn. She did so good that by the end of it I shed bit of a tear. She is an STAR, she can carry a movie, and I hope she gets more leading parts outside of superhero movies because she has the range.

Fassbender was everything. I'm going to miss him the most because he was Magneto, even more than Ian McKellen.

McAvoy and Hoult were everything.

Shipp and the kid who plays nightcrawler were serviceable.

There was nothing offensively bad about this movie that it should warrant a low score. At the very least it should be in the 50s.

1 person likes this

Girl it was really good. Just like I thought it looks like people already decided they wouldn't like it. Sheeps! 

My only complain is that it didn't feel like the last movie and the end of 20 years but everything else served

Edited by Amlex
1 person likes this

Just saw it. It wasn’t nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. Only problem is that I thought it was too short and too small in scope. The Phoenix is supposed to be destroying other planets with other civilisations and feeding on stars. This was too self-contained. The train sequence however, was quite good. Sophie Turner’s performance was also impressive. Overall it was a decent but underwhelming end to the Foxmen.

Edited by Tamina’s ligaments
1 person likes this

Even being a massive fan, I'm finding it hard to bring myself to see this movie. They just introduced Jean into this reboot in the last film and already making her into Dark Phoenix, I just don't get it. Give me the Shi'ar and Shadow King first so we can have some character development.

1 person likes this