Mariah.

Worlds of DC | Wonder Woman 1984, One Year Away

10 posts in this topic

nsB5CPe.png

Diana Prince comes into conflict with the Soviet Union during the Cold War in the 1980s, and finds a formidable foe in the form of the Cheetah.

RJnlBMy.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

justiceleague.jpg

3 people like this

Sucks that it’s still a year away but I know this movie will be worth the wait. 

The new armour is a fucking look :shook: 

2 people like this

I’m so ready :shook:

1 person likes this

Robin Wright? Excuse me?

6LKeaPu.gif

I feel like this film is going to be special. Just give me cute action scenes too..

2 people like this

So I meant to post about this a while back, but here we are. So with the rumor that Matt Reeves' Batman takes place in the 90s and this tea coming out that a Supergirl movie is in the works, set in the 70s, to take place in the same universe as Batman, I started theorizing that this section is probably gonna be their rebooted universe with Superman later being re-introduced "in the 90s" with Batman. Then at some point, when WB feels comfortable again to make it all one cinematic universe, these characters will make their way through time via Flash (hence why is movie is being rewritten and delayed endlessly). Then we have Wonder Woman, another period piece, set in the 80s, which Patty confirmed is its own separate entity apparently with no real connection to the last movie. So she'll maybe be used to merge the past with the present and exist in both timelines.

tl;dr they're soft-rebooting the DC universe the same way Fox did with their X-Men with First Class.

(removes tin foil hat)

@Jake humor me! I'm not quite sure where Harley/Birds of Prey fits in this reworking, but maybe those will just be those and exist in the "modern" timeline with Aquaman and Shazam. James Gunn's Suicide Squad literally is a reboot, it seems, too.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Mariah. said:

So I meant to post about this a while back, but here we are. So with the rumor that Matt Reeves' Batman takes place in the 90s and this tea coming out that a Supergirl movie is in the works, set in the 70s, to take place in the same universe as Batman, I started theorizing that this section is probably gonna be their rebooted universe with Superman later being re-introduced "in the 90s" with Batman. Then at some point, when WB feels comfortable again to make it all one cinematic universe, these characters will make their way through time via Flash (hence why is movie is being rewritten and delayed endlessly). Then we have Wonder Woman, another period piece, set in the 80s, which Patty confirmed is its own separate entity apparently with no real connection to the last movie. So she'll maybe be used to merge the past with the present and exist in both timelines.

tl;dr they're soft-rebooting the DC universe the same way Fox did with their X-Men with First Class.

(removes tin foil hat)

@Jake humor me! I'm not quite sure where Harley/Birds of Prey fits in this reworking, but maybe those will just be those and exist in the "modern" timeline with Aquaman and Shazam. James Gunn's Suicide Squad literally is a reboot, it seems, too.

I just want to see Poison Ivy

6LKeaPu.gif

4 people like this

gbccgna0qo631.jpg?width=561&auto=webp&s=

awright

2 people like this

June of next year seems so far away. I don't want to wait that long.

6LKeaPu.gif

1 person likes this

2 people like this