Mariah.

Matt Reeves' "The Batman" Fancast and Speculation

11 posts in this topic

So since my powers have proved to be strong and Robert Pattinson was confirmed as our Batman, I thought to finish off the rest of the cast. It has been heavily rumored that Matt Reeves' "The Batman" would feature at least half a dozen rogues, with the most rumored names being Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. Additionally, there's been rumors that Dick Grayson/Robin will also have a role in the film (which might be why that Nightwing feature was put on hold). So for this, we'll pick the villains we'd like to see in addition to the aforementioned, then fan cast them alongside Robin, Commissioner Gordon and Alfred Pennyworth.

I'll be back with my picks soon!

Image result for robert pattinson gifs

4 people like this

Nicholas Hoult as the Riddler

4 people like this

Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman

image0.gif

5 people like this

18 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

Nicholas Hoult as the Riddler

8 hours ago, Amlex said:

Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman

image0.gif

Anna ou.

The Nicholas Hoult theory is really making its rounds and it'd be so good :shook:. He's a great actor, but I didn't see him as Batman. Now as someone weirder and creepier like Riddler? :shook: Zoe would slay as well and she's already an in house WB talent.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

Anna ou.

The Nicholas Hoult theory is really making its rounds and it'd be so good :shook:. He's a great actor, but I didn't see him as Batman. Now as someone weirder and creepier like Riddler? :shook: Zoe would slay as well and she's already an in house WB talent.

I’ve wanted to see Nicholas as a villain since he did this commercial. He plays an evil mastermind well.

2 people like this

Robin - Timothée Chalamet

This isn't a discussion point, this is a period. :skull: Physically, he's probably the perfect choice ever for Dick Grayson and I don't know how far in he is on Dune, but I'm sure Dick's role in this will be small and they'll explore their relationship more in a sequel. Get him in the door, he's already worked with Christopher Nolan so you know he stans Batman :rot: 

Obviously, this would kind of force a new iteration on Batman and Robin's dynamic, as Robert and Timothee are only ten years apart, so that paternal idea becomes more of a fraternal deal, but given that they're both orphans and cut of the same kind, it really wouldn't make a lot of a difference and might actually make more sense. 

The Penguin - Josh Gad

He has apparently been teasing/trolling for months, so hopefully it's not soured the possibility on it manifesting for real (and Matt Reeves is APPARENTLY girlies with him) because I definitely think he has the range on top of looking the part. His resumé is really impressive and speaks for itself. He's also hilarious, so that helps :shook:  

Poison Ivy - Bryce Dallas Howard

This is also a period if Rihanna is not getting a call and if the category is Acting Ivy, which is what I'd think they'd go for. She has already has some blockbuster experience in Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and the Jurassic World sequels, but she was fantastic in Black Mirror's Nosedive and I personally just love her cadence and vibe, she'd fit so seamlessly into Ivy's characterization as an environmentalist and idealist. Not to mention that I'd think she'd have incredible chemistry with both Robert Pattinson and Margot Robbie when Warner Bros. gets its shit together and finally gives us some iteration of Harley and Ivy's relationship on the big screen.

3 people like this

On 6/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, Cooksie said:

This isn't a discussion point, this is a period. :skull: Physically, he's probably the perfect choice ever for Dick Grayson and I don't know how far in he is on Dune, but I'm sure Dick's role in this will be small and they'll explore their relationship more in a sequel. Get him in the door, he's already worked with Christopher Nolan so you know he stans Batman :rot: 

Obviously, this would kind of force a new iteration on Batman and Robin's dynamic, as Robert and Timothee are only ten years apart, so that paternal idea becomes more of a fraternal deal, but given that they're both orphans and cut of the same kind, it really wouldn't make a lot of a difference and might actually make more sense. 

The Penguin - Josh Gad

He has apparently been teasing/trolling for months, so hopefully it's not soured the possibility on it manifesting for real (and Matt Reeves is APPARENTLY girlies with him) because I definitely think he has the range on top of looking the part. His resumé is really impressive and speaks for itself. He's also hilarious, so that helps :shook:  

Poison Ivy - Bryce Dallas Howard

This is also a period if Rihanna is not getting a call and if the category is Acting Ivy, which is what I'd think they'd go for. She has already has some blockbuster experience in Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and the Jurassic World sequels, but she was fantastic in Black Mirror's Nosedive and I personally just love her cadence and vibe, she'd fit so seamlessly into Ivy's characterization as an environmentalist and idealist. Not to mention that I'd think she'd have incredible chemistry with both Robert Pattinson and Margot Robbie when Warner Bros. gets its shit together and finally gives us some iteration of Harley and Ivy's relationship on the big screen.

I was literally thinking Rihanna could pull of the role with her acting, and I just know she would show out in the fashion department to.

1 person likes this

On 6/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, Cooksie said:

The fact Robert and Timothee are coming out with a movie together this year too :shook: 

I agree about the fraternal over paternal aspect as well. It never really made much sense for Batman to be putting literal children in harm's way, no matter how fucked up he lowkey is. This would be perfect. Jacob Elordi, who's getting buzz in Euphoria and was in that Netflix movie Kissing Booth, would be cute too.

-

For my other picks, I definitely love Nicholas Hoult as Riddler. He really does weird, dark, offbeat characters better than he does as a leading man, so it makes sense he was passed over for Batman, but could slot easily in right there. That ad posted above fits Riddler perfectly

For my fave Catwoman, I've seen this name rumored for a while and I think she'd really snap: Eiza Gonzales. She played a fiery sex kitten in Baby Driver, so she's proven in that regard. For a little more depth and moral conflict, I'd go for Gugu Mbatha-Raw, an eternal fave. She's been rising for years, but it's time she has a break out. She was already in the mix for Birds of Prey, but it's been gossip that Margot wanted smaller names :sandra:. She's definitely my TOP choice (y'all knew I was gonna plug a fave) and she'd light up the screen. Third choice would be Ana de Armas, another popular fancast as of late who has been in WB's orbit for a while now beginning with Blade Runner 2049.

For Penguin, I say steer away from the campy precedent set in Batman Returns and lean into him being more of a crime lord who no one takes seriously on paper/someone who doesn't appear threatening, but then proves themselves to be ruthless and menacing. For that I turn to this scene alone and suggest Daniel Kaluuya :shook: 

Okay for Two Face now, I'm gonna say Alexander Skarsgard, who BODIED the duality aspect with his Emmy award winning turn in Big Little Lies. I haven't watched yet, but I've seen the clips and well... well fuck. For an alternate, this is also not an original pick, but when I saw it I thought it was lowkey genius. That's other Batman candidate, Armie Hammer. As an actor, he's really at his best in supporting roles, especially in roles that go against his type so to speak.

For Commissioner Gordon, I wanna do a bit of a stunt cast, but with someone who really does supporting roles well too and that's Brad Pitt. I've used him before in fancasts, but he really works as a willing, familiar name you can get to put extra butts in seats, in a role that doesn't entail too much or that he'd take away from. Plus he played a detective in Se7en, and if we're going with the mystery/noir vibe, it'd be a cool little homage.

For other rogues I'd like to see, a top one is Mr. Freeze ever since he proved how cool he could be in the Arkham games, a more fantastical villain like Poison Ivy since I feel like Matt Reeves can make it work grounded in reality (just look at Apes movies where he makes literal apes feel human, plus Cloverfield) and in that same regard, Scarecrow would be cool as fuck to see with his nightmare sequences. But I'll come back to these after I stew a bit more :sandra: 

3 people like this

On 6/12/2019 at 10:59 AM, Twisted Bliss said:

I was literally thinking Rihanna could pull of the role with her acting, and I just know she would show out in the fashion department to.

The way she just casually channels her in her everyday fashion. Her being confirmed a stan. A re-creation of something akin to this scene being perfect Fenty Beauty product placement. I would see any movie with her in the role every week for its theatrical run. No cap. :rot: 

1 person likes this

Tbh now that Natasha(maybe who knows) is about to bow out of the MCU, DC really has a chance to fill in that hero movie void of a bad ass catsuit heroin. So I'm praying they reintroduce Selina and properly start building towards her and Bruce's relationship.

2 people like this