Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda

Why do you think the division is such a mess and what is your hope post-SG?

41 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Don Draper said:

They can do what they want. I don’t give a shit anymore.

Same better late than never I guess.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, blond. said:

Oh I have no problem with HHH and would take him in an instant over Vince. But I don't find the NXT Women's Division to be that great. The booking now only centers around one woman who goes through multiple challengers. First it was Asuka, now it's Shayna. It's caused a lot of long term damage to the division. There is no Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, or Becky anymore.

Though you could also argue that there's a benefit to it as when some of these girls do come up now, they won't be stale. One of my biggest problems with NXT has been the lack of room to grow for a lot of people who come up to the main roster. A good example of this would be Bayley. Her entire character arc played out while she was in NXT and by the time she was called up to the main roster, she had grown stale. And it hurt her.

I feel like most the NXT girls still need A LOT of work. Aliyah has been down there for ages and still hasn’t found herself, and I feel that’s the case with many of the other girls. They haven’t found themselves yet to where NXT TV can present them and push them. Whoever dethrones Shayna will probably get a big rub which will make for a special moment and afterwards I see Bianca getting the title. Bianca is a star, but I think they just want her more seasoned so she’s perfect. What NXT does may not always be enjoyable, but for the most part it all makes sense when you really think about it. They’re not just gonna throw someone out there just to throw them out there the way we’d want

8 hours ago, Gavin said:

:skull: he's a fan of alicia so he shoved her behind him at evolution to get his time in the limelight?

Y’all care more about this than I’m sure Alicia did :dying: He would’ve moved anybody if they were in her place instead. It’s not personal  

3 hours ago, ChrisMC said:

Whats sad is I am at the point where I don't even care enough to read the posts in this thread. I can't bring myself to read through what is probably some great discussion and ideas because I know it will all just be false hope.. that should tell you something. 

33 minutes ago, Eric said:

There was once upon a time where a thread such as this would spark such a heated debate.

Good times.

Ignore the thread then? :rot: 

3 minutes ago, Layout said:

Or next time you could just ignore my post.

1 person likes this

Biggest problem they have, in my opinion, is the way people consume media today. Their target audience is so plugged into streaming and getting everything online that it’s no problem for them to switch to something else if they’re not interested. If there’s no incentive to watch, no one will—especially when it’s easier to open Netflix on your phone than it is to find an illegal stream or a television that still has cable service. (The fact that the WWE Network still doesn’t stream Raw and SD is puzzling and bad business, but that’s beyond the point). They think that they’re providing a commodity people will tune into because only they provide it, but the truth is simply that they haven’t adapted to the market, and what they do put out isn’t worth spending time watching when we’ve got whatever we want to watch at our disposal. The quality is not the question to me, tbh, as many of you stayed watching through the PG Divas’ era and I personally did not because I was bored of it and took up other things to occupy my time. Media consumption is so different now that no one is obligated to watch and it’s a matter of choice. They’ve been putting out trash for a decade and now that people have options to tune out they’re struggling to make money and making business decisions (i.e. Saudi shows) to keep the business going without realizing that the problem is just an entirely dated presentation and business model. They can’t fix it because they make no money, so they prioritize cash over the fans. 

1OkxjSP.jpg

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I said what I said. Make posts like that in a group chat or write a blog about reminiscing. Y’all arent adding shit to the discussion and it’s rude to those trying to make an effort 

10 minutes ago, Layout said:

I said what I said. Make posts like that in a group chat or write a blog about reminiscing. Y’all arent adding shit to the discussion and it’s rude to those trying to make an effort 

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's above me now but thanks for your opinion I'll try to put it in a place where it matters. :)

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

kvMC9AQ.gif

1 hour ago, Layout said:

Y’all care more about this than I’m sure Alicia did :dying: He would’ve moved anybody if they were in her place instead. It’s not personal  

so what you're saying is that he couldn't have put his huge ego aside for one night to let any of the women celebrate something that they have worked for? although honestly i could never see him doing something like that to someone like ronda, becky, or charlotte, so he clearly disregards alicia's contribution and dedication to the women's division for over a decade. he blocked her out of the camera frame and the wwe.com photos and she clearly looked sad and confused when it happened. i've never heard of him being a fan of her and i don't think he gives her the respect or credit she deserves at all. if anything, vince, kevin, and stephanie are probably her "fans" and he just tolerates her, so don't use alicia as an example when triple h's agenda is conveniently only benefiting a few of the women, including your fave :boostfox:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Jeigz said:

Biggest problem they have, in my opinion, is the way people consume media today. Their target audience is so plugged into streaming and getting everything online that it’s no problem for them to switch to something else if they’re not interested. If there’s no incentive to watch, no one will—especially when it’s easier to open Netflix on your phone than it is to find an illegal stream or a television that still has cable service. (The fact that the WWE Network still doesn’t stream Raw and SD is puzzling and bad business, but that’s beyond the point). They think that they’re providing a commodity people will tune into because only they provide it, but the truth is simply that they haven’t adapted to the market, and what they do put out isn’t worth spending time watching when we’ve got whatever we want to watch at our disposal. The quality is not the question to me, tbh, as many of you stayed watching through the PG Divas’ era and I personally did not because I was bored of it and took up other things to occupy my time. Media consumption is so different now that no one is obligated to watch and it’s a matter of choice. They’ve been putting out trash for a decade and now that people have options to tune out they’re struggling to make money and making business decisions (i.e. Saudi shows) to keep the business going without realizing that the problem is just an entirely dated presentation and business model. They can’t fix it because they make no money, so they prioritize cash over the fans. 

Television is a large portion of their income and the Saudi deal is (probably) to soften the personal blow that the impending XFL might do to Vince's pocket. They wouldn't be producing six hours of live content every week if financially was where they were struggling the most.

Optics, inconsistent ethics and the television storylines being awful are what's souring their base the most, in my opinion.

Ronda buried Raw, Becky and Charlotte buried SD, and it resulted in this. A weak and directionless division, not to mention Bayley winning the briefcase when she needed it the least.

1 person likes this

On topic, I think they're still on a victory lap with 'Mania and any time they have an antithesis act or a fan-demanded act like Becky, they seem to be more complacent with regards to adding variety elsewhere.

It's like a Paige 2015 tea, only magnified and made worse by all the other glaring flaws they have. We're the niche that has followed the women for years, but objectively speaking, they've never been the diamond in the rough during the rocky periods and likely never will be. And it's not their fault. :shrug: 

They are severely out of touch. :draglina: It's not tanking fast enough for me tbh. This is the only company I can think of that can get away with so much shit and not have to face any consequences for it. 

newsflash: not everyone is a fan of the 4HW or Alexa. They're all tired acts, especially the boring orange haired bitch. Imagine thinking these idiots are the only ones who can carry the division. I spit on them and creative. They don't deserve my viewership.

:)

3 hours ago, Layout said:

You missed the point