Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoaib.

Avengers: Endgame Being Re-Released Next Week With New Footage

16 posts in this topic

Perhaps Avengers: Endgame might be able to beat Avatar's massive box office record after all. The film has lost the majority of its momentum by now, almost two months after its initial release, but it's about to get another major boost to ticket sales. No, it's not just because Spider-Man: Far From Home is arriving in theaters in July. Avengers: Endgame is hitting theaters for a second round, along with some additional footage that didn't make it into the official cut in April.

While attending the Spider-Man: Far From Home press junket in London, ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis spoke exclusively with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who confirmed that Avengers: Endgame was heading back to the big screen for a theatrical re-release. Not only that, but this version of the film will arrive with extra scenes that weren't included in the first theatrical release.

"We are doing that," Feige said of an Endgame re-release with new footage. "I don't know if it's been announced. And I don't know how much... Yeah, we're doing it next weekend."

So Avengers: Endgame is coming back to a big screen near you with new footage, which is an incredibly exciting announcement given the hype around the movie. What's even more exciting is the fact that the film is arriving next weekend, allowing fans to see it again before Spider-Man: Far From Home.

This should also help Endgame tackle the immense box office hurdle that is James Cameron's Avatar. As of Wednesday morning, Avatar still holds the all-time global box office record with $2.788 billion. Avengers: Endgame is very close to that number, with a current total of $2.743 billion. It has looked as though the final chapter of the Infinity Saga wouldn't be able to topple Cameron's sci-fi epic, but a re-release with new footage could do the trick.

Be on the lookout for a new version of Avengers: Endgame next week!

Source

According to Wiki, Avatar did $33M on re-release while Endgame still needs about $44M to catch up. I'm guessing that's why they're going for it so soon, so history can see it as a quick win and with the added idea of seeing the new cut right before FFH

giphy.webp

The idea of sitting for four hours hurts me, but they deserve this.

giphy.webp

They're doing too much... can they give it up..

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Interesting most will probably return to the theaters just to see it so this could be good for them. 

I’ll be going back again 👏🏽

girl, so soon? It's not even out of theaters, tf does the "re" come in?

giphy.webp

the gag is Disney will probably re-release Avatar next year or so to hype Avatar 2 since no one really remembers or cares.

giphy.webp

3 people like this

I'd really hoped Endgame would beat Avatar's record, seeing as how whenever anyone says 'Avatar', they're usually referring to the superior-in-every-way cartoon and not the forgettable movie.

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

giphy.webp

the gag is Disney will probably re-release Avatar next year or so to hype Avatar 2 since no one really remembers or cares.

giphy.webp

Oop.

eFzokJn.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

Disney really are marketing geniuses and I hate them so much dassadasd. Them spending ten years cultivating an audience of devoted stans that will just throw money at them. Like between Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars (solo doesn't count) and their Disney animated back catalogue it really is over. If they do end up knocking it out of the park with their avatar series we might as well just pack it up and move in to disneyland
Wj00dVL.gif

1 person likes this

This and then Spider-Man two weeks after? Chile, they both getting a Disney+ stream.

Wj00dVL.gif

Serving toothbrush album bundles.

So apparently it's only post-credit scenes? The SCAM :ahh: 

I was thinking Disney would have at least waited until Oscar season for a re-release campaign but anyways!

GKOArPW.gif

1 person likes this

More footage of Captain Marvel and scenes of people reacting to the new timeline of it being 5 years in the future.