Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Seth Rollins Addresses Jon Moxley's Criticism of WWE.

18 posts in this topic

WWE Universal champion*Seth Rollins*has addressed Jon Moxley's criticism of WWE.

In an interview Monday with Jimmy Traina on the*Sports Illustrated Media Podcast, Rollins discussed the comments Moxley made*during the former WWE star's appearance on*Talk Is Jericho*after signing with All Elite Wrestling:

"Ambrose can do what he wants. He's a big boy, he's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is not everybody's equipped to handle the rigors of WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally. And Ambrose gave everything he had to the company for the entire time he was here. He put his heart and soul into the travel, into the schedule, into the injuries, into the work in the ring and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home, or he went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such an opportunity."

Rollins acknowledged that Moxley did mention some of his good experiences in WWE, such as meeting his wife, Renee Young. The Beast Slayer also professed his love for his former Shield brother even though he took issue with the way Moxley expressed himself:

"And like I said, I love the guy. I love him, I'll always love him, but at the end of the day, we just share different perspectives about what we want out of life and about where we're at in our own lives. I hope that he does well. I've kept enough tabs on him to know that he's doing super well for himself right now and I'm happy for that, but I just don't think there's any reason to hop on a soapbox and complain after the fact. You need to take the first step, and that's looking in the mirror and asking yourself did you do every single thing you possibly could to make yourself and your situation what you want it to be, and if the answer is yes you did, then you can go elsewhere and complain. If that's where he's at mentally then go right ahead, but if he hasn't done that, he hasn't looked in the mirror and made that decision, then maybe he should think about that. That goes for any other disgruntled talent past or present."

During his appearance on*Talk Is Jericho, Moxley primarily took aim at Vince McMahon and WWE's creative process. Moxley lamented the fact that everything is scripted and questioned if McMahon should still be the one making final decisions.

Rollins offered a counterpoint Monday and suggested that it is on the talent to make their voice heard and to also make the most of things even if they aren't in complete agreement:

"Absolutely I'm satisfied with it because I make a point to be satisfied with it. I make a point to contribute my ideas and my thoughts, and if I feel strongly about something the way it should be or the way it should be portrayed, then I will make my voice heard. And look, not everybody gets that leeway. And also, not everybody should get that leeway. That's not how it works. You have to build equity with your audience, with your boss, with your co-workers. You have to build equity over time and then you can get the leeway to have that kind of say in your story if that's your complaint. Or you can just stand up for yourself and do it instead of going on somewhere else and b---hing about it. I'm very satisfied with the amount of input I have. Do I do things that I don't always want to do? Yes, but you know what, sometimes that stuff works because I can't see things perfectly every single time. I don't have the perspective that other people around me have. Vince McMahon has been doing this 20 years longer than I've been alive. So he's got some ideas and he knows things that I just don't know that I have to learn."

Alongside Moxley and Roman Reigns, Rollins made it to WWE's main roster in 2012 as part of The Shield. During their time together, the trio was booked as a dominant force and established itself as one of the top stables in wrestling history.

Upon breaking up, Rollins was pushed to the top as a heel, and Reigns was pushed to the top as a face. Moxley branched off as a face, but his booking was inconsistent, and it wasn't until 2016 that he won the WWE Championship.

Both Rollins and Reigns are multi-time champions, and they seemingly aren't given as much comedic content as Moxley was, which likely contributed to Moxley's disdain for WWE's creative process.

Although it can be argued that Rollins has been the beneficiary of better booking than Moxley was in WWE, they were long linked as both partners and opponents yet have a significantly different perspective on the situation.

Rollins has been*outspoken*in recent days about his belief that WWE provides fans with the best wrestling in the world, and not even one of his closest friends can convince him otherwise.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842662-seth-rollins-responds-to-jon-moxley-bashing-wwe-defends-vince-mcmahon-creative?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting take from Seth. He seems to understand & get why Moxley was frustrated, but definitely thinks it could have been handled differently.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

"And like I said, I love the guy. I love him, I'll always love him, but at the end of the day, we just share different perspectives about what we want out of life and about where we're at in our own lives. I hope that he does well. I've kept enough tabs on him to know that he's doing super well for himself right now and I'm happy for that, but I just don't think there's any reason to hop on a soapbox and complain after the fact. You need to take the first step, and that's looking in the mirror and asking yourself did you do every single thing you possibly could to make yourself and your situation what you want it to be, and if the answer is yes you did, then you can go elsewhere and complain. If that's where he's at mentally then go right ahead, but if he hasn't done that, he hasn't looked in the mirror and made that decision, then maybe he should think about that. That goes for any other disgruntled talent past or present."

Shots fired.

UajTtQh.gif

2 people like this

Sad. :frecklefox:

3 people like this

Well if he listened to the podcast he would’ve heard Jon say that he’s nothing but grateful for the opportunity WWE gave him. Sick of these WWE employees thinking everyone is supposed to bend over and kiss Vincetta’s ass cheeks just because they’re loved by management.

UajTtQh.gif

9 people like this

He's looking like a whole puppet trying to step in and fill Cena's role as WWE's white knight.

1 person likes this

You hate to see it. How Jon criticising the creative process affects him, I'm unsure, unless he either struggles to identify because he's never gotten the shorter end of the stick or he just can't handle that the company he's dedicated his everything to might suck. I'd say cry about it but I know he will!

1 person likes this

He picked his side though and this is exactly why Jon didn't tell ha he was leaving

JHNrgrm.gif

6 people like this

He’s the kind of friend who you thought would have had your best interest at heart given the circumstances but they will never be able to understand it your situation from your point of view. 

JHNrgrm.gif

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Shots fired.

UajTtQh.gif

The girls are fighting. :crying:

2 people like this

This reeks of collusion/fake controversy. :zzz: 

1 person likes this

I mean... he’s living comfortably as one of their top stars and the champion so why wouldn’t he be a company man? Disparaging WWE wouldn’t be a good look for him.

GKOArPW.gif

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Don Draper said:

I mean... he’s living comfortably as one of their top stars and the champion so why wouldn’t he be a company man? Disparaging WWE wouldn’t be a good look for him.

GKOArPW.gif

Exactly. 

2 people like this

Although I must say I think it’s shitty of Seth to criticise Moxley for speaking about his frustrations on a podcast. Moxley said he was grateful for his time in WWE and he said nothing disrespectful about any of the talent there. All he did was air his frustrations about how Vince + writers handled HIS character. There’s nothing wrong with that. 

1 person likes this

After listening to the podcast Seth wasn't shitting on Moxley, he just said it was presumptuous to do what he did which it was. Moxley wasn't wrong but Seth isn't wrong either, both just seem like different people who want different things out of their profession.  

I for one am really glad that Seth spoke out though. Ever since that Moxley podcast came out on TIJ the hardcore fanbase has been circle jerking with one another salivating at the thought that everything they think about WWE is right and everyone is disgruntled who works there. No. Moxley was bc he's the kind of person that feels stifled if he doesn't have creative freedom to do what he wants to do. Not everyone is that creative though where they can create their own wrestling persona, most people need direction. Moxley's the exception, not the rule. Wrestling news sites don't report it that way though bc they make a living off hating WWE and disparaging the hard work all the superstars put in on a weekly basis bc hate strums up more views online. That's not to say things are always great in the WWE landscape but it's hardly as bad as Meltzer and all the other YouTube review channels make it out to be. 

I'm sorry but I can't stand people that make a living off criticizing people for doing something that they can't do themselves. People like Meltzer don't understand that their opinions hold weight for whatever reason or another and can be extremely damaging to people's careers that ARE ACTUALLY WRESTLING. Baron Corbin is a horrible performer yet he puts his body through punishment every week while being criticized by an old white man hiding behind a keyboard. There's something very wrong with that. 

2 people like this

I didn’t read the OP but have seen a lot of Seth’s recent Tweets, he’s trying really hard to promote the company and hype the talent as the face of the company but it’s unfortunate his time is now when the product sucks and despite making money, the ratings and attendance are awful.

1 person likes this

Fuck boy 

Thanks for being a good friend to Jon.:k2:

On 6/26/2019 at 8:16 AM, Majesty said:

After listening to the podcast Seth wasn't shitting on Moxley, he just said it was presumptuous to do what he did which it was. Moxley wasn't wrong but Seth isn't wrong either, both just seem like different people who want different things out of their profession.  

I for one am really glad that Seth spoke out though. Ever since that Moxley podcast came out on TIJ the hardcore fanbase has been circle jerking with one another salivating at the thought that everything they think about WWE is right and everyone is disgruntled who works there. No. Moxley was bc he's the kind of person that feels stifled if he doesn't have creative freedom to do what he wants to do. Not everyone is that creative though where they can create their own wrestling persona, most people need direction. Moxley's the exception, not the rule. Wrestling news sites don't report it that way though bc they make a living off hating WWE and disparaging the hard work all the superstars put in on a weekly basis bc hate strums up more views online. That's not to say things are always great in the WWE landscape but it's hardly as bad as Meltzer and all the other YouTube review channels make it out to be. 

I'm sorry but I can't stand people that make a living off criticizing people for doing something that they can't do themselves. People like Meltzer don't understand that their opinions hold weight for whatever reason or another and can be extremely damaging to people's careers that ARE ACTUALLY WRESTLING. Baron Corbin is a horrible performer yet he puts his body through punishment every week while being criticized by an old white man hiding behind a keyboard. There's something very wrong with that. 

Sis the accuracy.

Dy2aVJp.gif

2 people like this