Melissa McCarthy in Talks to Play Ursula in Live-Action "The Little Mermaid"

23 posts in this topic

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

Hollywood only knowing one big girl :skull: 

4 people like this

She'll be good in the role but I've always wanted Mo'Nique as Ursula

1 person likes this

side eyeing this hard. wat even. I freaking love Melissa, and I'm sure she'll do great, but it just seems weird and hard to picture. Rebel Wilson would've been better.

1 person likes this

It’s Disney, so it’s going to have to be family friendly and boring, but since Ursula was partially inspired by Divine, not sure why they can’t cast a drag queen. Or anyone else. I do like Melissa McCarthy, but it’s not like her phone isn’t ringing while lots of other big girls struggle for work. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

It’s Disney, so it’s going to have to be family friendly and boring, but since Ursula was partially inspired by Divine, not sure why they can’t cast a drag queen. Or anyone else. I do like Melissa McCarthy, but it’s not like her phone isn’t ringing while lots of other big girls struggle for work. 

Especially since drag is mainstream now, but Disney doesn't wanna scare the overseas audience!!!1 :stephanie: 

4 people like this

Also, just as a general comment, these Disney live action remakes are so unnecessary to me, and I really haven’t enjoyed any of them all that much except the Jungle Book, which I have the least personal attachment to. Why are they remaking movies that are nearly perfect to begin with other than quick money grabs? They need the extra cash that bad?

jH3xHI2.gif

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Especially since drag is mainstream now, but Disney doesn't wanna scare the homophobes and republicans!!!1 :stephanie: 

Exactly. 

:stephanie:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Jeigz said:

Also, just as a general comment, these Disney live action remakes are so unnecessary to me, and I really haven’t enjoyed any of them all that much except the Jungle Book, which I have the least personal attachment to. Why are they remaking movies that are nearly perfect to begin with other than quick money grabs? They need the extra cash that bad?

jH3xHI2.gif

I wouldn't mind it for stuff like Mulan which lends itself to a live action epic. Even Aladdin (but they flopped and didn't bring anything new to it). Or something overlooked like Black Cauldron, Atlantis, Treasure Planet. But Lion King when it's just gonna be CG? Little Mermaid when that shit is mostly underwater? :rot: 

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I wouldn't mind it for stuff like Mulan which lends itself to a live action epic. Even Aladdin (but they flopped and didn't bring anything new to it). Or something overlooked like Black Cauldron, Atlantis, Treasure Planet. But Lion King when it's just gonna be CG? Little Mermaid when that shit is mostly underwater? :rot: 

Literally just looking at the cast, of course Beyoncé will do fine (and they apparently expanded the role for that reason) but you mean to tell me I’m supposed to believe Seth Rogen’s voice as a passable version of Pumbaa? Even as minor of characters as the hyenas are so distinct and the voice acting is so memorable that it’s just weird and probably won’t live up to the original. And, tbh, I’d rather straight animation anyday over computer graphics when the animation is 30 years old and still looks good.  

4 people like this

29 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

jH3xHI2.gif

Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella were amazing, you hush.

I liked Aladdin, I think the original is way better, but I thought Will Smith knocked it out. They definitely let down with Iago though. So I see what you mean with the hyenas. How are you gonna replace Cheech and Whoopi? Be Prepared is still a favorite of mine, so they better not fuck that up. "Great idea! Who needs a king?! No king, no king, la la la la lala!"

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

this is not who I would have picked but its not a bad casting if turns out to be true.

but y'all will stfu!!! and let ME have this moment since this is the main movie I wanted once the who remake era started. My favorite princess, flawless icon :shook: 

I'm with everyone else. I don't think she's a good fit, although I am a fan of her's.

This might be a weird choice, but I feel like Patti LuPone would make an excellent Ursula especially with the right makeup and editing. Her singing 'Poor Unfortunate Soul' would be epic.

6 hours ago, Jeigz said:

jH3xHI2.gif

Thank you I’m so over it.

I also think they could’ve at least slowed down their Disney live action remakes. I mean just this year we’ve had Dumbo, Aladdin, with Lion King and Maleficent 2 all in a couple of months. They should space these out and slow them down.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Mariah. said:

They better not it’s not as popular as others, but it remains a classic that doesn’t need to be touched. We already had to suffer with Milo’s return. :jeigz2:

1 person likes this

Melissa McCarthy, who's Hollywood career has consisted of making the exact same movie over and over and over again, gets to be live action Ursula? Not on my watch! -said firmly by someone who hasn't seen a single live action Disney remake.

1 person likes this

So Latrice Royale wasn't available?

m4WzvdO.gif

Y'all got Lizzo crying on IG Live over not being chosen for this adsfghdsfd WHY!? Stop trying to give these girls acting careers when they don't have the credentials.

Melissa has the resume. I'd be here for it.

I always thought Queen Latifah would have been incredible as Ursula... if not her then Monique, Precious and even Jennifer Hudson. Octavia Spencer too!! I just always thought African American Oscar nominees lol. I do love Melissa McCarty and she’d be hilarious indeed but Queen ☹️