16 posts in this topic

oOo5rcG.gif I FAKE IT SO REAL, I AM BEYOND FAKE
New Year's had been a total bust for the irresistible Jessica Taylor, despite the grand nature of the event she had managed to throw together. Spending hours solely trying to entertain herself with constant dancing, playful flirting, and nonstop drinking, it proved to be a fruitless task for the young socialite as the night went on. As a result, she quickly grew tired of the fruitless endeavor, unable to find a way to make things work for her tastes. Her complete and utter boredom almost forced her to go back to darker times in her life, though Jess knew better, especially in such a public setting as tonight. All eyes were on her, even if she wanted them or not, including those of her intimidating lover. He didn't like it when she got high, and she didn't want to upset him. Sitting alone in the luxurious lobby of the rented out hotel, she takes a small sip from her bubbly champagne, watching with disinterested eyes as guests began to slowly trickle out. Occasionally waving goodbye or flashing a warm smile to her 'friends', she mostly keeps her attention on the growing sea of bodies that shuffle out the doors, never looking up unless she was approached.

As the last of the attendees make their way out, Jessica rises from her seat, grateful that the night's events had finally come to an end. Brushing off her glittering silver gown, she carefully walks over to the front desk, sweeping her flowing brown locks behind her bare shoulder. Setting her now empty crystal glass on the marble counter, she lets out a sigh of relief. Meeting the dull and wrinkled eyes of the uptight hotel manager, Jess flashes him a provocative smile, her glossy lips catching the warm light of the dimly lit room. "Thank you for having us tonight. I'll make sure the cleaning crew leaves the ballroom better than we found it." Adjusting the older man's tie, she finishes her final statement with a purr. "I'll be sure to leave a good word with Mr. White about the evening's events. Expect us back real soon." Perking up, he thankfully nods at the young woman, helping her into her white fur as she heads toward the exit. Gracefully making her way to the front of the hotel, she waves the man off, prepared to return home for the night.

Meeting the cool Olympian air with reluctance, Jessica finds herself in a world far more familiar to her: one of cold and bitter loneliness. Clinging onto her fur for warmth, she solemnly makes her way down the luxurious roads of Ida Hills, which gradually transition into the deep and dark recesses of Erebus Square. Her extravagant attire attracts the leering eyes of many, inciting fear within the young woman despite the familiarity of the road. This wasn't the first such trip for her, and wouldn't be the last either. Up until now, no one had made a move on her, tried to strip her bare of the many riches she sported, though that fear always lingered in the back of her mind. Just as her anxiety was soaring to neurotic levels, she suddenly arrives at her usual spot in the concrete jungle, bright yellow vehicles speeding all around her. Taking a deep breath, she struggles to flag one of them down, many of the beaten taxis already carrying inebriated passengers back to their homes. Walking up and down the lonely sidewalks, she almost laughs in relief as a vehicle comes to a halt. Running to its side, she thankfully reaches for the door handle, only to come into contact with a hand similar to her own. Looking up, she meets the eyes of a young woman, who also seems eager to escape the unsettling night. Frowning in disappointment, she shoots the girl a friendly smile, pulling her hand away. "I'm sorry. I thought I managed to flag him down."
MONTY
@Mariah.
4 people like this

oOo5rcG.gif And some day, you will ache like I ache
Her search for early morning relief had come like a bolt of lightning, but it was all too brief and immediately brought forth the plague of regret. It were fact that August was an ardent, generous and soft lover, focused primarily on Emma's pleasure and climax. But she ultimately remained unsatisfied by the sexual liaison they shared, her mind captured relentlessly by the rugged, ocean blue-eyed Bobby the entire time. 'God, he had to have known I was using him,' she thought to herself of August. His performance, she believed, projected a passionate, determined man, driving while fighting for control of the wheel. A man trying to outperform whatever fantasy was woven through the mind of his opposite. It was for this reason that she held a rare penitence, normally thinking little of her single night affairs and feeling satisfaction as long as that satisfaction manifested itself through her anatomy. But August proved different. And he deserved someone who was willing to give back everything he gave to them.

"Thank you for an amazing time, August. Take care."

With a parting kiss stamped onto her boyish distraction, a disheveled Emma disappears out his apartment, hoping to be forgotten... hoping she herself could forget her hunger—her lust—erupting in the wrong hands. Met outdoor by a forceful gust as she marched along her walk of shame, she'd gracefully raise an arm to hail an oncoming taxicab, her satiny, golden curls dancing in grand jetés and pirouettes through the whistling wind. She steps toward the door and reaches out for the handle, when a gentle touch meets her skin, and a purring, low pitched voice hums through her ear.

"No need to apologize, doll," Emma sings back. "I might've just been too anxious." She gulps before continuing her reply to the woman, finding herself intimidated by the statuesque, poise beauty that revealed itself beneath the faint moonlight. Her eyes were piercing, her bones were sharp and her lips were full, painted red, with a subtle, shiny finish like a candy apple. "Um, you can go ahead. I'm not in any particular rush. I'll just use a payphone to call another since my cell phone just died."
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
4 people like this

Taking a better look at the stranger, she pauses before she responds; there was a faint familiarity to the young woman, though Jessica was almost sure they had just now met. Whether it was the darkness of the night or the dim nature of the streetlights, Jess was almost confident that the two had spoken before, her honey brown eyes and golden locks only adding to the unforgettable nature of her face. The girl was stunning and seemed rather friendly, qualities she didn't usually forget when she noticed them. Shrugging it off, Jessica shakes her head in disapproval, not wanting to leave her out here so late at night. Though she couldn't see them, she knew of the dangers that lurked in the shadows of the city, especially for a woman as young and as pretty as her. "I can't do let you that.She calmly protests, smiling at her with gratitude. "You shouldn't be out this late at night on your own." Turning towards the disgruntled taxi driver, Jessica pulls the cab door open, drawing her glittering clutch from her jacket and into her delicate hands.

"Think you can take us home? It's a little late for either one of us to stay and wait for another cab." Sensing annoyance from him at her request, Jessica lets out a faint sigh, looking at him with pleading eyes. "Please? I'll pay double if you have to drive too far." Responding with a slight grumble that she could only assume meant approval, Jess nods in appreciation, then turns to the young woman from before. "Don't mind riding together, do ya? I'll pay. That way neither of us has to stay here and wait." She offers, signaling towards the yellow vehicle that waited for them to take a seat.

MONTY
@Mariah.
4 people like this

Emma presents gratitude toward the gesture, however she wasn't certain she could allow the stranger to go forward with the virtuous deed. Part of her reasoning was deeply rooted in pride—the young mother was accustomed to fending for herself and her own. But a large portion of her reluctance was due to the guard that stood firm, particularly when it came to developing friendships with other women; all of which stems back to her past with her mother. It was a relationship in which the pitch black clouds would continue to cast dark shadows over every figure that would drift into Emma's life. Each memory was terrifyingly haunting: the contemptuous, envious stares... the drunken, vicious words... the painful, physical blows.

But there was a warmth in this woman's bright blue eyes, like a sun beaming across a summer's sky. "Look, I-" Emma begins to argue, when obnoxious, intoxicated male passerbys call out toward the bombshell blonde, interrupting her train of thought with their warbling catcalls and vague statements of recognition from the gentlemen's club. Its then her frame of mind would firmly take new shape. 

"You have to at least let me pay for half," she'd mention before observing the woman's lavish attire, thereafter adding to her plea. "Not that you need me to, it looks like. But it's only fair."
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
4 people like this

Glaring at the unwanted tormentors as they pass, she pays no attention to their gross remarks towards the young woman standing before her. It was nothing but drunken nonsense as far as Jessica was concerned. Blocking the girl's view of them, she lets out a slight cheer when she hears her timid response. "Please, I insist,She kindly offers, ready to leave such 'pleasant' company behind. If they stayed any longer, she was sure the inebriated men would try to make a move on the clearly uncomfortable stranger. Those were the perks of commuting in the seedier parts of Olympia: the most toxic of the masculine sex liked to linger about. She was lucky she wasn't alone. "It's the least I can do for you as the only other woman on this block." Beaming once she gets a nod in response, Jessica opens the door for the pair, letting her in before she enters herself. Rolling down the window of the cab, she suddenly flips off the group with her perfectly manicured hand, maintaining her usual state of grace despite the vulgarity of the gesture.

"What a bunch of assholes." She giggles, pulling her hand back into the vehicle once the assortment of low-lives was behind them. "You would think they had never seen a woman before." Running a smooth hand along the skirt of her dress, she looks up curiously. "Where are you heading?" Jess asks, starting to remove some of the heavier jewelry she was wearing. This was probably her favorite part of the night: simply dressing down after maintaining an impossibly restricting image for hours on end. It was completely and absolutely exhausting, though one of the few constants in her life. How long she would be able to keep it up was up to no one but herself.

MONTY
@Mariah.
3 people like this

Disheveled in contrast to the woman's appearance, by way of her late night exploits, Emma re-applies her lip gloss and toils with her hair to stay at pace with the brunette. The characteristically confident blonde vixen appeared to have tapped into an insecurity she ne'er felt, but the heart of the matter was that preconceived notions were standard of this town. Judgments which threatened to limit not only her own life, but the life of her baby boy back home. Or perhaps the immediate stress of her move was forcing her to read far too much into a one off carpool and the drunken males thinking she was an easy catch. "Home," she replies to the query, a titter seasoned beneath her breath in reaction to her unspoken thoughts. "Oh shit, sorry, you need an address. I'm such an airhead. Just about nine blocks up: 765 West 5th Street. Though if I'm being honest, anywhere but here would be awesome. I'm totally exhausted with boys for the night." 

She glances toward the driver up front, making eye contact through the rear view mirror and allowing her natural coquettish personality sparkle from the dark of night. "Except you of course, Mr. Taxi Driver!"
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
3 people like this

Nodding in agreement to the blonde's remarks, Jess stifles a laugh as the taxi driver looks back in confusion. Returning to her usual routine of winding down, she perks up when she hears the familiar address. "Oh? I think we were destined to ride in the same cab then,She starts, sensing some discomfort from her late night companion. In most situations, Jessica would revel in the intimidation she created in others, but something about this seemingly lost stranger softened her. Gone was the typically icy and stoic socialite; for the moment, she was dropping her guard, being genuinely kind and curious, looking to possibly make a new friend, a real friend. Lord knew she didn't have many.

Maybe she reminded Jess of who she was when she first arrived; pretty but alone. Confident yet vulnerable, with no real sense of direction. For some reason, she wanted to push her in the right direction, something no one bothered to do with her when she moved to Olympia. Everything she had accomplished since arriving had been done all on her own. "That's where I'm heading! I haven't seen you in the building before. Are you new to town?" Jessica continues, shifting her attention to the woman sitting next to her. Quickly analyzing her, she tries to make out who she could possibly be in a sea of possibilities. Despite how pretty she was, her clothes didn't scream high society. Her blonde locks, though rich and full of life, weren't exactly well-treated. Her face may have been made up, but it was definitely more subtle than Jess' current look. Could she be a dancer? Maybe an aspiring actress? "My name's Jessica by the way." She finishes, definitely curious about whether the stranger would open up to Jess or not.

MONTY
@Mariah.
3 people like this

"Emma," she reveals placidly, soothed by Jessica's spirit, like lotion upon her cold skin. It was all instant. A natural connection and comfort being formed. The kind of comfort she had yet to face since arriving to town, save for earlier in the night with enigmatic bad boy Bobby. "And yeah, I am new here. From Seattle. I came out for school with my—" her voice goes hush before she mistakenly reveals her truth, the guard she maintained almost being forced open by how easily the two seemed to mold to one another. But in brief reflection, she realized her secretiveness to protect Lucas was starting to feel like shame...

Shame where there was no shame.

Lucas was her pride and joy; her light, her water, her air, her being. And if she looked to build genuine friendships—bonds to help ease from her loneliness and distrust—she had to be honest and put faith in those around her, as well as put faith in her ability to protect Lucas without hiding him from the cruel world.

She gulps once, then continues to confess, her eyes shifting out her window to avoid direct contact before returning to match Jessica's stare, thereafter projecting the pride and joy she held.

"I came out here with my five year old son. Just the two of us."
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
3 people like this

Jessica's immediate reaction to the revelation is one of undeniable surprise, though she hides it well with a warm and welcoming smile. Meeting Emma's timid gaze, she could sense that it had taken her new acquaintance a notable amount of effort to reveal this much about herself. Jess understood why that may have been the case; Emma was rather young, and she was still going to school, so having a child would almost be an inconvenience from Jessica's perspective. But watching as her eyes lit up mentioning her son convinced Jess otherwise, doing away with any judgement she may have had of her beforehand. Looking out to the brightly lit skyline as the driver speeds down Olympia's busy roads, she leans back in her seat as she speaks. "That's pretty awesome Emma. I'm sure that little rascal of yours is proud of everything you're doing right now.She quickly replies, having removed the last of her jewelry. She meant what she said in that moment, though it was almost uncharacteristic of her. Jess had tried the school thing before and it had been a little too much for her; she could only imagine how difficult raising a child made it as well.

Shutting her eyes to rest them for a moment, Jessica decides to open up to Emma as well. She found that this back and forth really helped people get to know each other, and she hadn't had much in the way of genuine interaction since arriving to Olympia. There was something about this girl that Jessica really liked, though she couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. "I wish I could've finished school. Life just got to be a little much for me." Jess starts, toying with a strand of her hair to keep herself from dozing off. "Now I just dance and think about all the what-ifs." Laughing at herself for a moment, she suddenly sees just how disappointing her life had become. Trying to keep herself from falling deeper into her late night thoughts, she flashes Emma a toothy grin before pondering too long on the static nature of her existence. "Sounds like a lot of work though. Do you do anything else?"   

MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

"Well," Emma titters, no longer wary of whether or not her stream of confessions were flowing into an ocean of oversharing. Any notion that this stunning, well-spoken, graceful and poised woman would cast judgement had dissipated with the curl of her plump red lips. She could just intuit that the mask worn by many a Olympia native had been wiped away. That to her side was another human being, made of flesh and bone, not plastic; just as raw, vulnerable and lost as she felt herself to be. A human with scars, just like her own—all of which made her all the more beautiful. And God knows that was a tall order. There they sat, stripping to reveal the markings set permanently in place by life itself. And she'd continue to put her pen to paper, telling Jessica the depth of her story and the history behind each claimed marking.

"I dance too, actually. Been doing it ever since my cunt of an 'ex' mother forced me into it as a child doing all these ridiculous pageants. Now I work at that strip club Sirens... or 'gentlemen's' club so they claim. Just started there, literally. It's honestly the easiest way I could think of to pay for school and provide for my baby boy. But it's also... freeing, in a weird way. Especially considering all that I've been through and the ways I've been objectified. I feel like I have more control over my body and sexuality." She combs back her rich, exuberant locks, then sinks deeper into her seat, trying herself not to succumb to sleep, though her body slowly drains following the night's excitement. Unraveling into repose, she allows her head to delicately fall onto Jessica's shoulder, but quickly shifts herself back into an erect position. "God, I really hate being like this. I promise I'm not this self-centered, babe. Here," she'd refrain, turning her body so it harmonizes with her willingness to be as much of a confidante as Jessica was open to portraying. "I'll let you take center stage now. Let's start with the fact that I'm curious about what took you off your path with school and stuff. Especially since it definitely seems like you're financially well off, so that couldn't have been an issue. Of course you don't have to share if you don't want to." 
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
2 people like this

"I guess it wasn't for me, y'know? I was more into all the partying and boys than the actual school part.Jessica harmlessly lies, rolling her eyes at her flimsy reasoning for abandoning such a formative time in her life. She never really had control of anything before moving to Olympia, with her manipulative family and their elite status in Arizona's social circles proving too restrictive to leave her with any real freedom, especially when it came to anything involving her future. It had been decided from birth that her sole purpose was to marry well, all with the intention of further cementing the Taylor legacy. Just thinking about it all made her head hurt and her stomach turn. If she thought about it any longer, darker times would consume her, leaving her with nothing to mull over but those excruciating days. It was here in Olympia where she had finally gotten the opportunity to really discover herself and leave them behind, even if she had made a few mistakes along the way. Mistakes she wasn't too keen on sharing just yet either. "I kind of got into dancing once I dropped out. A friend from back home knew I was looking for something to do when I moved out here, so they set me up with this cute little studio where I teach some classes now." 

Glancing over at Emma with mischievous eyes, she raises her eyebrow curiously before biting her lip, acting like a chatty school girl catching up with a longtime friend. Perking up, she pushes Emma to open up once more, curious to find out why she saw something so divisive as an opportunity for empowerment. "I bet it's not as fun or as scandalous as your job though." Jess purrs as she tilts her head slightly, a cascade of brown flowing down her bare shoulders. "What's it like? Are the clientele handsy? Generous? Overly attached? Maybe cold and despondent like our lovely driver?" She playfully teases for a moment, hoping to get a response from the largely unfazed man. Getting a simple glare from the foggy front mirror, she squeals with curiosity as her mind begins to wonder in the back seat. Laying against the worn surface of the cab, she gives her full attention to the sleepy blonde beside her. "Or are there some diamonds in the rough? Maybe someone that's worth your time every once in a while?"   

MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

Jessica's quizzing uncages Emma's mind, allowing it to soar back to the state of reverie she felt whilst in the presence of one Bobby. Should she have even let him go? Especially when she just can't seem to wash the stain of him? Perhaps not yet a perfect diamond, there was definitely something special about him, she truly felt. He was really unlike any other; a feeling she wished to keep buried. However, even in spite of how she felt behind the mask of apathy, she couldn't believe how instantly she'd allow herself to become enamored. She was disarmed, and uncertain of how to act. Untrained. Unprepared.

"Actually," Emma sighs, then blushes as she looks to her fidgety hands, preceding the oncoming ramble she'd recite to forget about Bobby. "From what I've been able to gather, it's an interesting mix of lonely gentlemen, just looking to exalt and worship you as you give them company and attention. All ranging from sweet to pathetic. Next are the men who are simply unsatisfied with their significant others, and want to escape with the woman of their fantasies. They're a little more tense, but once you get them to loosen up and get comfortable, it's a pretty good time. Then you have your party boys, no explanation needed. And lastly there's the criminals, both high end and low end, looking to own you like you're not even a human being. Those are your politicians, your bankers, your celebrities, your CEOs; the elite. Them or just your local thugs. That's when it gets scary... but luckily I haven't really gotten mixed in with any of that yet in my short time." She halts her voice and stretches her manicured fingers, trying to fight the thought of Bobby. But she just can't. Returning to meet the inquisitive expression of her acquaintance, she continues her confessional. "As for your 'diamond', there's actually this one guy I met tonight who... I don't know, it sounds so fucking silly the more I start to say it out loud. It's like when you're in high school and you lock eyes with the quarterback. He smiles at you, talks to you and doesn't seem to be nearly the asshole he's made out to be. You guys just hit it off and it just feels like 'wow, is this it? Is this love at first sight?' God, never mind, I'm such a nutcase. I made it sound so cliche, and I stopped being a romantic ages ago. I doubt it would ever work, anyway. And besides, I really don't have the time to be dating between my baby and my job, especially now that I'm out of a babysitter." Her eyelids unfold, her body eager to fall into a dreamscape with him at the center, but instead she passes the metaphorical fountain pen back to Jessica to learn more of her story, while the street lights continue to wipe across the taxi windows in bright color. "Are you in love with anyone? Or maybe infatuated like me? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, husband, wife?"
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
2 people like this

"Well, after such a beautiful and impassioned display, I'm kind of embarrassed to tell you.The thoughtful socialite cracks, her attention being piqued by Emma's almost sheepish demeanor after the mere mention of romance. Raising an eyebrow curiously, she rests her weary head on a delicate hand, fighting the urge to pry about the mysterious fellow Emma seemed so enthralled by. As was the case for Jessica, the topic of love seemed to hold a rather intense grip on her friend; it consumed her entirely, whether she wanted it to or not. She could tell just from the way her eyes shined, the way she bit her lip, that the striking blonde's thoughts always found a way back to him. Almost giggling at the familiarity of the situation that was developing in front of her, Jessica pretends to lose herself in thought before answering truthfully. "All jokes aside, it's kind of hard to say. I've only fallen like that a few times in my life, and each time it all fell apart because we both wanted different things."

Smiling sadly as she remembers all of the previous heartbreaks and failures she had experienced at the hands of others, Jessica shakes her head as she's brought back to a darker time in her life; one she had chosen to forget all about before she broke completely. Shifting in her seat uncomfortably, she anxiously looks for a way to change the topic, her eyes thankfully landing on the familiarity of their apartment building. Brushing a stray strand of hair from her face, she smiles at Emma as her hand finds its way to the door handle, prepared to finally get some rest. "But that's love, right? I just have to patiently wait until Mr. Right decides to show up and sweep me off my feet." Jess jokes, looking to regain her previous demeanor before Emma notices. Digging around in her clutch, she slowly retrieves the money for the driver, the back of her mind being consumed by the dark memories she had awakened with just a few simple words. Pulling out a few twenties, she bites her lip before speaking once more, falling back into the friendly pace she had set only moments ago. "Like he seems to have done with you. Why don't you let me babysit sometime, Emma? I know we just met, but I think I've shown I can be trusted." Handing the bills over to the driver with a wink in her direction, Jessica continues as the vehicle comes to a stop. "That way you can find out if this guy's worth all that space he's taking up in your head."   

MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

"I can't let you do that," Emma rebuttals, gripping onto Jessica's hand and turning the generous woman toward her, just as the pair exited through the right side of the vehicle. "Not that I don't trust you or anything like that, but... we've literally just met and you've already been far too sweet." 

There before dawn, as she stood against the brisk breeze brought on by the Pacific tide, gold hair dancing with the wind once again, her previous thoughts whisk back: her unfamiliarity with the support, compassion and kindness of another woman, due to the hatred her mother regularly expressed toward her. And although she told her new confidante otherwise, part of her was still very distrustful; not of Jessica in particular, but rather of humankind at large. It was something she couldn't help, no matter how her chemistry with another adult set. Never in life did Emma want for her one true love to face the hardships she had faced, because any child—hers in particular—deserved love, joy and brightness from all adults placed in their lives not by will. It was the life she wasn't granted that she swore to bestow upon her own, over the grave of the dead father to her child. A promise to be the best mother and father she could possible be; the mother and father she never had or knew.

"I would love for you to meet him, though. Obviously not now, but if ever you wanna just come over. Have a drink. Watch a movie. Talk. I don't have anyone in this city that I can call a friend, so that would be really nice, honestly." This statement, delivered with candor, was absolutely true, contrary to her previous one. While trust between herself and Jessica would have to be built, Emma sincerely wanted it to exist on its own accord; to find a real friendship with another doll in this fucked up playhouse. It was a gap no man, neither August nor Bobby, could ever fill.
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
1 person likes this

"I'll take you up on that offer then. I just so happen to have a bottle of wine with both of our names on it.Jessica accepts, feeling her eyes grow heavy as she senses the warmth radiate from the nearby apartment complex. Leading the drowsy pair to the front doors, she spins into the small but cozy lobby with Emma in tow, an innocent happiness overtaking the typically detached young woman. "I'm in desperate need of some genuine girl time, Emma. Olympia's exhausting, as you'll soon discover." Striding over to the front desk, Jess reaches for a pen and paper, quickly jotting down a number before handing the slip to the young blonde.

"Here's my cell. When I'm not at the studio or attending some dull event, I'm usually on the phone wasting my breath." Jess starts, stepping over to the worn elevators as Emma takes the scrap of paper, ready to get to her apartment and settle down for the night.  "Give me a call if you need anything. I want to make sure your move to Olympia goes a lot smoother than mine." Gazing over her shoulder, she gives her  newfound friend an inviting squeeze, hoping she had proven herself as someone Emma could trust. "I can't wait to see what kind of trouble I'll get you into." She giggles mischievously, the familiarity of these final moments in the night almost resembling her previous life back home.

MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

"Likewise," Emma giggles back like a naughty, sugar-filled school girl frolicking through the school yard, as she follows Jessica's lead into the elevator. "When I'm not on mommy duty, of course." For the first time since being welcomed into Olympia, the words 'mommy', 'mother', 'mama' carried no qualms. And for the first time in forever, she found another feminine spirit that could rest with her own, so she no longer had to feel alone. A woman companion who she might be able to turn to in her time of need, free from all judgement; one to look up to and learn from. It was all she ever wanted; all she ever needed. And as the night began—perhaps for the better—with the missed opportunity of a mysterious man, it snowballed into the opportunity for a genuine, lifelong friendship.

With a bell to signal the arrival at her floor, Emma glides out the elevator and turns back toward Jessica for a parting word, placing her arm in the way of the sliding door so it doesn't close before she finished speaking. "By the way, I never got to tell you that you'll definitely find Mr. Right. I'm sure we both will; somehow, someway. But until then... there's this gorgeous musician named August that plays at some bar a few blocks up, who works pretty well as a distraction, I learned. I highly recommend. My baby boy has been teaching me that sharing is the golden rule, so enjoy if you must, babe," she playfully suggests with a wink. "Have a good night or whatever's left of it." 

Emma's big, magnetic smile beams bright a final time, then she allows the doors to draw shut. Ending the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Jessica is left to herself.
MONTY
@Queen of Hens
2 people like this