Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Don Draper

Stephanie wants Trump on WWE TV

15 posts in this topic

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/07/05/stephanie-mcmahon-reportedly-trying-to-broker-wwe-appearance-for-donald-trump/

WWE is moving SmackDown to Fox in October and they realize how close Vince McMahon is with Donald Trump. The POTUS is a WWE Hall Of Famer although the company has not yet capitalized on or even mentioned this fact since Trump took office.

We previously reported that Fox executives have requested that WWE get Donald Trump to be a part of one of their shows once they make the move to their network. It turns out that this is something that WWE is reportedly working on.

Brad Shepard reports that Fox has suggested a Tribute To The Troops appearance from Trump because of how much it is said the military loves him. Apparently, Stephanie McMahon is trying to broker the deal so we’ll see if the White House returns her phone call.

Oh

QIrXisD.gif

I guess around that time period that would be the part where some fans "pretend" to boycott WWE?

At least until it's over.

QIrXisD.gif

3 people like this

Gross tbh. I feel bad for all the LGBT, POC, and decent human beings who are forced to share air with this trash bag. 

get Slovenian Goddess Melania instead to be special ring announcer for Tribute To The Troops Divas Women's battle royal match

giphy.gif

Brad Shepard is a known liar.

In my glass-half-full mind, I thought they didn't mention him because they didn't want to completely shun what's left of their audience. Maybe they really are searching for that single demographic of "trash."

I’m sick of this bitch. 

3 people like this

Do anything for clout.

1 person likes this

Nobody here should be acting surprised. They literally brought Hulk Hogan back, in a damn near worshipping manner at that.

However there is talent on the roster I genuinely care for and root for, because they deserve it. So I'm naturally going to support THEM, not the company. 

For now though, where's the remote?

tenor.gif?itemid=4495565

2 people like this

Can't say that I'm surprised if this turns out to be true. They really want to try to bring in viewers when they make the transition, and what better way? People talk about fans 'boycotting', but really, a lot of people probably are in various ways. Viewership has been down for awhile, and I don't bother watching YT clips anymore, I just get results from here or other sites/Twitter. They've clearly lost touch with a lot of their fanbase, so what better way to alienate them even further. No wonder so many talents would like to jump ship.

2 people like this

I'm not buying this. I think the company knows how divisive brining him in would be, not just with fans, but their own talent. 

Posted (edited)

For all their faults, I don’t think WWE would bring back Trump for an appearance. I think they do know how divisive it would be. Conversely, if they’re in the mindset of any publicity is good publicity for viewers and ratings, then it’s possible they may be trying to get him for some sort of an appearance. They’re in a ratings slump and AEW is the biggest competition they’ve had in years. They’re clearly desperate. Also, remember they have gone to Saudi Arabia multiple times despite their human rights abuses and the fact that their women and some of their male talent cannot perform there, so it’s not that much of a stretch.

Edited by Tamina’s ligaments

ringside news...

dLhJ86a.gif

2 people like this

we know they support him but I would like to think that they’re not THAT tone deaf :skull: 

1 person likes this

Honestly, if this is true. Why?

QIrXisD.gif