Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henry Cavill

Nintendo announces “Nintendo Switch Lite”

7 posts in this topic

Specs  https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/07/nintendo-switch-lite-australian-price-full-specs/

The Switch Lite, which is designed to be used exclusively in handheld mode, is also a fraction smaller. There's also no HD rumble or IR motion camera. Here's the full specs: 

• Size: 91.1mm x 208mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached)
  • Weight: Approx. 276g
  • Screen Capacitive touch screen / 5.5 inch LCD / 1280x720 resolution
  • CPU/GPU NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
  • System memory 32 GB
  • Audio: supports linear PCM 5.1ch
  • Speakers: Stereo
  • USB Type-C terminal
  • Headphone mic. jack, stereo output
  • Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 3570mAh
  • Battery life: Approximately 3 – 7 hours
  • Charging time: 3 hours approx (charge while in sleep mode)

I read about this earlier. Your specs say "with Joycon attached", but I thought it wasn't possible to detach them?

Either way, I'm mad at how cute the colors are. But I am satisfied with Eevee's face on mine.

Edit: I read the other article again, it's not the joycons that can be detached, it's external joycons that can be attached. My b.

2 people like this

You can literally use the Switch to travel with. You can snap off the joycon and have it rested in front of you. Why would I need a switch lite?

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

You can literally use the Switch to travel with. You can snap off the joycon and have it rested in front of you. Why would I need a switch lite?

You probably don’t need the Lite then. I take my Switch with me a lot because I can use it at work in downtime (smart phones aren’t allowed due to the cameras and it being a secure site but kindles and switches are!) and for me I find it too big and the battery isn’t great so a smaller portable version with a better battery is perfect for my needs and I can leave my Switch docked to my TV.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure what the point in this is. Like isn't the original Switch essentially a lite version? :skull:

This is nice for people or parents who want a Switch, but don't want to go all-in on one with the dock, Joy-cons, etc. 

I do wish they would've given some of these colors to the standard models, though. They're really nice.