Mariah.

The Best X-Men Character?

18 posts in this topic

So the brief back and forth about underrated legend Cyclops in the news thread regarding Storm's casting got me thinking: who is the best X-Man or X-Woman and why?

x-men-animated-cartoon.gif

The answer is Rogue by the way. Fierce, bold, independent, powerful, complex, deep, funny, unique, tragic, dynamic. Part of one of the most iconic ships in comics with Gambit. I also don't think anyone better personifies the gift and the curse of being a mutant. Who else? WHO ELSE?

I MEAN

Image result for rogue marvel

5 people like this

55 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

The answer is Rogue by the way. Fierce, bold, independent, powerful, complex, deep, funny, unique, tragic, dynamic. Part of one of the most iconic ships in comics with Gambit. I also don't think anyone better personifies the gift and the curse of being a mutant. Who else? WHO ELSE?

I MEAN

End the thread the tea has already been spilled.

JOQse5q.gif

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

I MEAN

BITTCCCHHHHH, this is my answer too, LMAOOOO. She's my personal favorite and when you look at her power as a metaphor, I think we can all relate to having trouble opening up or being intimate with others. I love Rogue, close the thread moderators Image result for rogue gif

2 people like this

And lets also acknowledge that the 90's cartoon did her right when it came to looks and power, while the 2000's movies made her nothing but a lovesick  loser.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

I MEAN

Exactly what I came in to say. Confident, sexy, self-aware, empathetic. An icon through and through.

People can, and will make an argument for Storm, as they should.

My other two favs of all time are Kitty Pryde, and Laura (X-23). Both of which I can make arguments for. However, Rogue was my first love.

rogue_by_chubeto-d92tdgx.jpg

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Angelic said:

Exactly what I came in to say. Confident, sexy, self-aware, empathetic. An icon through and through.

People can, and will make an argument for Storm, as they should.

My other two favs of all time are Kitty Pryde, and Laura (X-23). Both of which I can make arguments for. However, Rogue was my first love.

rogue_by_chubeto-d92tdgx.jpg

What's your argument for Kitty Pryde? I feel like to the mainstream, she's very underrated and not considered a household name like Storm, Rogue and Wolverine. Only like actual readers seem to stan and respect. :newspaper: 

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

What do you like about Kitty Pryde? I feel like to the mainstream, she's very underrated and not considered a household name like Storm, Rogue and Wolverine. Only like actual readers seem to stan and respect. :newspaper: 

Well the teenage aspect of her (like in Evolution) I related to, with how she just wanted to live a regular life. Funny enough, similar to Rogue's story.

Shes been through a lot, and like Rogue again is a part of one of the most iconic ships with Colossus. Then she found her a new good man. 

I find it really symbolic how she started off the typical teen with underrated powers to one of the wisest, smarted members with literal Godlike powers. And even though she's one of the strongest there is right now, she's still scared and still keeps herself grounded. (Again, Like Rogue lol) 

She's definitely underrated with her personality and powers. She's saved the X-Men on multiple occasion from some tough shit, and spoken some of the most real shit as well. Her story and adventures over the years the general public would gag to know. She's a huge symbol of female empowerment. She's more than qualified to be the leader. :cry: 

4 people like this

Dark Phoenix was always my fav 

1 person likes this

Kitty and Rogue just because of this 

2 people like this

19 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

And lets also acknowledge that the 90's cartoon did her right when it came to looks and power, while the 2000's movies made her nothing but a lovesick  loser.

I don’t know for sure because I don’t know the comic timeline and what is/isn’t canon anymore (cc @Captain Fox) but from what I know Rogue has always been complicated and has had a number of different eras depending on what powers she absorbed. The animated series is definitely the most iconic presentation and feels the most developed and true, but I think both are valid.

:frecklefox: 

3 people like this

52 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I don’t know for sure because I don’t know the comic timeline and what is/isn’t canon anymore (cc @Captain Fox) but from what I know Rogue has always been complicated and has had a number of different eras depending on what powers she absorbed. The animated series is definitely the most iconic presentation and feels the most developed and true, but I think both are valid.

While it’s true she has had several different eras, the movie adaptation went with the lamest route. She was never really written to the best of her abilities, but mainly a jealous woman when there was no need for it. Especially considering they only really included her in 3 full movies, and essentially wasted her entire story arc. Thinking about it seems they had a hard time writing complex stories for most of the women.

Personally I’d say Monet St. Croix, but I think she barely meets the criteria of a full fledged X-Man and she’s pretty unknown :uhh:.

But it’s undeniable Kitty is the best X-Man, period. We’ve seen her serve girl next door, quirky tech support and eventual leader of the entire mutant race and still she’s maintained a relatability throughout it all unlike others characters of her calibre (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm etc.) :newspaper:

If the MCU felt the need to build their X-Men franchise around a character like Fox did with Logan, it’d only make sense for it to be Kitty.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, JayP. said:

Personally I’d say Monet St. Croix, but I think she barely meets the criteria of a full fledged X-Man and she’s pretty unknown :uhh:.

But it’s undeniable Kitty is the best X-Man, period. We’ve seen her serve girl next door, quirky tech support and eventual leader of the entire mutant race and still she’s maintained a relatability throughout it all unlike others characters of her calibre (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm etc.) :newspaper:

If the MCU felt the need to build their X-Men franchise around a character like Fox did with Logan, it’d only make sense for it to be Kitty.

Ugh, another underrated queen. Such a tragic and crazy story, another reality to what family is capable of doing to you. And also a Muslim hero. She definitely counts, the title says X-Men character, not necessarily best X-Man :clap: 

And stan Ms Kitty! :cry: 

1 person likes this

So tough and so many valid contenders, but I've been reminiscing on the Dark Phoenix Saga, specifically Last Stand on the Moon, so I'm gonna go with Jean because they aren't doing it like that anymore and they haven't since.

Speaking of, I'm currently reading Bishop's Crossing and Jean jumps into Emma Frost's body and I'm cackling knowing the history between them that will unfold. Them being the Trish and Lita of mutants.

1 person likes this

On 7/30/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jeigz said:

On 7/30/2019 at 5:34 PM, Twisted Bliss said:

While it’s true she has had several different eras, the movie adaptation went with the lamest route. She was never really written to the best of her abilities, but mainly a jealous woman when there was no need for it. Especially considering they only really included her in 3 full movies, and essentially wasted her entire story arc. Thinking about it seems they had a hard time writing complex stories for most of the women.

Here late, but better late than never. The tea on Rogue is that she has always been more in line with the X-Men: Evolution interpretation of her, which is a more layered version of what they did in the movies, since the 2000s. The 90s version, while iconic, was a very water down version of the layered character that Chris Claremont produced. There was only one episode where you saw her arc and the rest of the series she was just the southern girl. The animated series borders on stereotypical as well, but that was the case for all the characters that came from a background that feature an accent, and that is why I don't hold it in high regards compared to Evolution.

Like everyone thinks Storm is out here speaking to the weather, when she has never done that in any book, and are practically asking for it to happen in the MCU when that would be the most god-awful thing. Like I-

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Here late, but better late than never. The tea on Rogue is that she has always been more in line with the X-Men: Evolution interpretation of her, which is a more layered version of what they did in the movies, since the 2000s. The 90s version, while iconic, was a very water down version of the layered character that Chris Claremont produced. There was only one episode where you saw her arc and the rest of the series she was just the southern girl. The animated series borders on stereotypical as well, but that was the case for all the characters that came from a background that feature an accent, and that is why I don't hold it in high regards compared to Evolution.

Like everyone thinks Storm is out here speaking to the weather, when she has never done that in any book, and are practically asking for it to happen in the MCU when that would be the most god-awful thing. Like I-

Ive never seen Evolution ill have to check it out to see this version of Rogue.

1 person likes this

On 7/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, JayP. said:

BABY, Monet is more of an X-Man than Kitty will every be. Kitty has left the team on multiple occasions, problematic as hell, and immature as fuck. Her highlights include:

• Being written to seduce a 20 year old man, which would then lead to one of the most problematic couplings in the franchise: Kitty and Colossus
  • She called a black man a ****** because the man called her mutie as if they are the same when you have black mutants.
  • She left the X-Men to go be with Starlord. She didn't come back when the threat of extinction loomed over them, and only returned once the problem was solved. That would lead her to leading a team in one of THE WORST RUNS a writer could produce, which then in turn lead her ass to be sidelined until this new Marauder's book.

She does not compare to Storm, Cyclops, or Wolverine in terms of skills or leadership. She does not have the vernacular to even be in the same space as them. She is only loved by writers and isn't even a top 10 in the X-Men hierarchy or the top 5 when it comes to women exclusively.

Kitty-Pryde.jpg

DseuZjlXgAAr-4M.jpg

tumblr_n0anmuqDe81rcxt82o4_250.gif

1 person likes this