Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Henry Cavill

Marvel shelving Ant-Man and The Wasp

17 posts in this topic

It’s a testament to the Marvel brand that a character like Ant-Man not only received his own successful film franchise, but also played what is arguably the most important role in the highest-grossing movie of all time. Had fate not intervened and Scott Lang remained stuck in the Quantum Realm, it’s likely that Earth’s Mightiest Heroes never would have been able to defeat Thanos and beloved characters like Spider-Man and Black Panther would’ve remained dead.

So, how does Marvel plan on repaying such a pivotal hero? Apparently, by shelving him for a while.

Sources – the same ones who confirmed Taskmaster as the villain of Black Widow months ago, among many other scoops – have told We Got This Covered that Marvel won’t be moving forward with an Ant-Man 3 anytime in the near future, nor is Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) or Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) likely to pop up at all until the next Avengers film, whenever that may be.

We know that an Avengers 5 – likely to be called New Avengers – is happening, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has said it’ll be a much different version of the team than what we’ve seen before. Since the entire fourth phase was revealed earlier this month at San Diego Comic-Con, it’s entirely possible that a fifth Avengers won’t happen until the end of Phase 5. When it does, though, it’s expected that Scott and Hope will be part of the New Avengers line-up, alongside Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, Blade and more.

While the Ant-Man films aren’t exactly the most bankable movies in the MCU, they’re not even close to flops – as if a Marvel pic could even flop at this point. Rudd has revealed though that fans who want to see another solo Scott Lang flick would need to start their own social media campaign, because Disney isn’t really in any rush to knock another one out.

Until we know for sure what the character’s prospects holds, Ant-Man fans will just have to settle for his extended role in Avengers: Endgame, available now for digital download and coming to Blu-ray shelves on August 13th.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-shelves-antman-3-avengers-film/

As they should, it is the weakest film from the last phase. Marvel is evolving and that film felt really underwhelming and bland.

3 people like this

Good. This, along with Guardians, are so boring and try too hard to be quirky~

1 person likes this

They never should have even made a sequel. :draglina:

I feel bad because they didn't get a happy ending with Ant Man 2, when his mom finally returned she left again because of Thanos :skull: but I really couldn't care less about a new Ant Man movie :rot:

Maybe give them a show or some special in Disney+

1 person likes this

I liked the movies tbh, they were a fun time albeit kinda lacking. I can see how they might not be in line with the direction the MCU is going in now since others can fill that fun relatable role, are way more popular/profitable and have the more serious moments that are few and far between with the Ant-Man series.

This is an example of why that moment with all the women in Endgame becomes less awesome the more one looks into it though. Wasp has potential (isn't she a founding Avenger in the comics?) but sis finally gets to suit up and now she's probably looking at five years before her next appearance and it'll be as the fifth most important character in a cross-over, at best :rot: We want more central, important female characters!

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Shoaib. said:

I liked the movies tbh, they were a fun time albeit kinda lacking. I can see how they might not be in line with the direction the MCU is going in now since others can fill that fun relatable role, are way more popular/profitable and have the more serious moments that are few and far between with the Ant-Man series.

This is an example of why that moment with all the women in Endgame becomes less awesome the more one looks into it though. Wasp has potential (isn't she a founding Avenger in the comics?) but sis finally gets to suit up and now she's probably looking at five years before her next appearance and it'll be as the fifth most important character in a cross-over, at best :rot: We want more central, important female characters!

Period. It's so bleak that the majority of the main women are supporting characters to B-grade male heroes. Captain Marvel 2 probably not coming until 2023 :rot: 

7 people like this

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

Period. It's so bleak that the majority of the main women are supporting characters to B-grade male heroes. Captain Marvel 2 probably not coming until 2023 :rot: 

GOTG and BP having the most supporting females too and neither is coming until at least 2022 :skull:

Only solely female led content in Phase Four being a decade late prequel about a character who's DEAD :skull:

8 people like this

2 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

GOTG and BP having the most supporting females too and neither is coming until at least 2022 :skull:

Only solely female led content in Phase Four being a decade late prequel about a character who's DEAD :skull:

:skull: 

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

Ryan Coogler also mentioned that he'd be more than happy to make a spin-off movie featuring the Dora Milaje. This is something that I want in my MCU. They can keep Mantis, Wasp, and 2014 Gamora at this point tbh.

I do wonder that if the rumors of a Sera casting in Thor may signal that Angela will make her debut in some capacity soon.

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

57 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

The way y'all keep finding new ways to make me depressed over the representation of women in the media we consume. Can Wonder Woman 1984 hurry the fuck up please
jIac6pN.gif

6 people like this

10 hours ago, Twisted Bliss said:

They never should have even made a sequel. :draglina:

You and your flop taste. :uhh:

The sequel was iconic just for Queen Michelle as Janet and Evangeline’s new wig.

3 hours ago, Henry Cavill said:

You and your flop taste. :uhh:

The sequel was iconic just for Queen Michelle as Janet and Evangeline’s new wig.

The first one was barely needed should have stopped after that, he’s a great supporting cast member though.

The MCU has needed to do better with the women for a long time. I didn't really enjoy Civil War because it was nonsensical how they kept Scarlet Witch out of battle scenes so she didn't overshadow those weak men alshdgj. Their intentions were good with Captain Marvel, but it was such a shallow attempt to me. I feel like they might have big plans for Sue Storm, though. She's appearing in like four comics at the moment. They're grooming her. 👀

1 person likes this

I honestly didn't dislike Ant-Man and the Wasp. They tied it into what happened in Infinity War just fine for my liking, but there's still a lot to be desired with it. As long as they keep them involved in the MCU at some capacity, I'll be okay with it. It doesn't feel right to me that they'd completely remove them, especially considering Ant-Man was (kind of) pivotal in Endgame. 

They’re the lowest grossing MCU movies at the Box office although they’re still profitable. Understandable, but a shame nonetheless. I think Wasp especially got the short end of the stick.

Kii at Marvel cleaning shit up before F4 and X-Men take over.

jIac6pN.gif