Jacqulee

Thoughts on Trish's last feud/match. Are you stratusfied?

13 posts in this topic

trish.jpg

The most anticipated SummerSlam match that we have been waiting for has finally happened. Both Trish and Charlotte are the golden girls of their eras, so a match between them was a dream come true for many fans. The match was lengthy and ended with Trish tapping out to Charlotte's figure 8. Thus, Trish has wrestled her last ever match and bowed to the fans. What are your thoughts on Trish's last feud/match? Did it live up to your expectations? Are you stratusfied with the ending? Do you wish that her last opponent was someone else instead of Charlotte? Discuss :)

1 person likes this

I'm still a little sad that this is Trish's last match, but it totally delivered and exceeded my expectations. It was the best women's match on SummerSlam and Trish looked better than ever.

A lot of people feel like Alexa would have made more sense to be Trish's final opponent, but I feel like going with Charlotte made a lot of sense too. The top most decorated woman of this era vs. The top most decorated woman of the Divas era. Speaking of divas, I saw a tweet from a fan saying that Trish's retirement match was a great way to pay tribute/say goodbye to the Divas era and I hope that isn't how the company views it. There are still a lot of women from the past that I'd love to see return for one-off feuds or matches.

4 people like this

Yes. Even though it was random and had no build, Trish came and showed that she is still a star while putting someone else over. An example for the geriatric republican men that won’t stay at home, tbh. 

XvkVYwm.gif

5 people like this

I feel like there isn't much to say the match was beautiful Trish came in and showed she still had it in her. 

Trish Stratus was the reason I fell for Women's Wrestling she will forever be my #1 favorite Diva of all time 

aaec35bce661c209bb4641a58db74d20e1842c5d

And I'm glad she pretty much confirmed that she will no longer be answering Vince's calls.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

I'm still a little sad that this is Trish's last match, but it totally delivered and exceeded my expectations. It was the best women's match on SummerSlam and Trish looked better than ever.

A lot of people feel like Alexa would have made more sense to be Trish's final opponent, but I feel like going with Charlotte made a lot of sense too. The top most decorated woman of this era vs. The top most decorated woman of the Divas era. Speaking of divas, I saw a tweet from a fan saying that Trish's retirement match was a great way to pay tribute/say goodbye to the Divas era and I hope that isn't how the company views it. There are still a lot of women from the past that I'd love to see return for one-off feuds or matches.

i think this was more nikki v ronda at evolution considering her post match comment. and nikki is kind of the diva

1 person likes this

It was amazing. Trish is amazing. I wish there was more build but so happy she got one last singles match. 

2 people like this

Y'all think this is her last match? When we get a rematch on smackdown 

XvkVYwm.gif

5 people like this

The match itself was actually really good, Trish delivered a truly amazing performance tbh, and Charlotte as well. On a personal note tho, I'll be honest: as good as it was, I'm sad that Trish had to put over Charlotte. Not that she didn't actually deserve it, but she definitely didn't need it at all. Call me delusional, but my real dream match for Trish will always be with Sasha

ae38fd8d603fe696f286d2bc76c9a5f4.gif

3 people like this

Absolutely.

Trish showed out and showed off. We were fed lastnight, she gave us new moves, she was selling and bumping like it was 2003. On more than one occasion I legitimately was concerned for her well being. Her beautiful version of the Figure 8 outselling any time Charlotte performed it. Telling a story in the ring and keeping you invested/interested, etc.

In 2019 still proving all the doubters WRONG. Classic Trish. I said it before and I’ll say it again; they don’t make legends like that anymore.

Forever That Girl. Forever The Queen. Forever The Blueprint. Forever the GOAT. 

Trish Stratus is Immortal.

trish-stratus-696x392.jpg

8 people like this

10 hours ago, Qwan™ said:

Absolutely.

Trish showed out and showed off. We were fed lastnight, she gave us new moves, she was selling and bumping like it was 2003. On more than one occasion I legitimately was concerned for her well being. Her beautiful version of the Figure 8 outselling any time Charlotte performed it. Telling a story in the ring and keeping you invested/interested, etc.

In 2019 still proving all the doubters WRONG. Classic Trish. I said it before and I’ll say it again; they don’t make legends like that anymore.

Forever That Girl. Forever The Queen. Forever The Blueprint. Forever the GOAT. 

Trish Stratus is Immortal.

trish-stratus-696x392.jpg

Why she lost but we still won?

Image result for sobbing gif

1 person likes this

They snapped and we should have had a full fleshed out feud, but it may not be over for Trish just yet if the talks wit Alexa are true.

“They both talk about the match all the time. It was a missed opportunity. They still want to make it happen but who knows when the chance will come again.”

With discussions of a possible follow-up event to last year‘s Evolution, it will be interesting to see if desires for this match come to fruition.