Foxy

Simple Kind of Life

5 posts in this topic

oOo5rcG.gif And all I wanted was the simple things

✓ Treasure maps

✓ Hidden clues

✓ Treasure chest with prizes for everyone

✓ Camera

For the last two weeks, Melissa read and repeated those words to herself in order to have everything ready for the big day: her first day at a new school. Not only was it an important moment for Melisa, since she would be meeting the children and parents whom she would be working with for the rest of the year for the first time, but this first journey also was crucial to make a good impression on them. Even though she hadn't been teaching for that long, one of Melisa's biggest priorities always was to make children feel like home at school, and that wasn't an easy task. For this particular group, she planned a treasure hunt, so they could explore the school together, get comfortable around each other, have fun and get used to working as a group.

Working as a teacher in Olympia was very different to what she had experienced in Madrid. Here, in Olympia, Melisa felt free to develop her ideas, use more innovative teaching methods and, the most important thing, be herself. For years the pressure of having to please everyone made her job extremely difficult, specially when parents realized who she was... but she always had something, or better said, someone, who kept inspiring her through every difficulty she faced. Smiling, Melisa opened the bottom drawer of her desk, and took something from there, a photo of "her".

"It is going to be an amazing day." Melisa says taking one last glance to the photo. Natalia would have loved Olympia: the people, the night life, the landscape... God... not even moving to a different country was enough to turn the page. Knowing that this day she would need that "extra strength", instead of putting the photo in its place, Melisa kept it in the pocket of her blouse so they could be together through the whole journey.

It was almost time to start receiving the children and meet their parents, so Melisa took another five minutes to check if everything was ready and then stood in the entry way with the rest of the teachers, ready for the big moment. While waiting for them, she took a look at the list of students, their photos and then counted if she had a treasure map for all of them. From her previous experiences, she knew it was better to already know her students' names on her first day, not only it was useful for herself, but also helped make things easier to the parents concerned for leaving their child with an "unknown person".

And just like that families started arriving. Little Melisa knew that a strong bond would be created between her and some of the people she would meet that day. In some cases, probably stronger than they would like.
MONTY
2 people like this

oOo5rcG.gif Now all those simple things are simply too complicated for my life
"Remember what mommy said..." Emma begins to recite in duet with her cherished, beautiful Lucas, who smiles gleefully back at her. "No cursing, no hitting, no being a smart ass unless asked and listen to the teacher. God," she titters, now solo. "You wouldn't even think I'm talking to a four year old."

"I'll almost five, mommy!"

"My mistake, sweetheart," Emma laughs in time with a twist of her eyes, then tightly wraps Lucas' tiny hand with her own to cross the street toward the new school. As the concrete knocks against Emma's heels, anxiety begins to cast its cloud upon her. The condemnatory stares of wealthy, middle aged women dice through her like serrated blades through ripe fruit, prepared for a medieval feast. A feast which was made abundantly clear she was not invited to attend as a guest, but rather as the meal to tear apart and devour. But being the sole provider for her one and only love, her feelings didn't matter. She had to give her son the best, including education wise. And by her research, this was the best primary school in the city, by a significant margin. Still, she worried not so much of how the other parents would perceive or take to her⁠—a plucky, college-aged, single parent⁠—but rather how they would react to her son and how it would affect him.

Stepping through the front doors and into the main office to complete registration, Emma is met with the visible discomfort of the principal, who she'd vaguely recognize as a patron at Sirens strip club; his specific green eyed, wide mouthed gawking at her fine physical form was particularly hard to forget from her first night. The sweat trickles off his forehead, down his neck, to his collar and tie which he loosened. Then, after a gulp of water, he triggers the intercom to call upon who would be Lucas' teacher for the next five months. "Would you like any refreshments? Coffee? Muffin?" he'd offer, stumbling through his words nervously.

"No. I'm fine, thanks."

She smirks at him, then turns to Lucas to fix his hair, beaming back down at her light. "Um, we'll just head back outside and wait by the playground with the rest of the parents," she'd then announce, taking her cub and escaping from the tense room to await the teacher's arrival outdoors.
MONTY
@Foxy
2 people like this

As parents and children started arriving, Melisa checked the names (attached to photos) of those who already were there. Once every single name was checked, the teacher took a look at how many of them were new, just to realize that only one name made up that list: Lucas De Angelo.

That kid should be the first she met. A proper welcome, plus the fact that the teacher approached him before anyone else would probably make him feel more comfortable in such a nerve-racking day. It wasn't particularly difficult to find him, Lucas was on a swing next to a woman, whom probably was her mother. To be honest, that woman stood out from the rest of the parents, it's not like Melisa could explain why she had that feeling, but something about her was setting her apart from the others. Curious about that woman, the teacher checked her list... the only information she had about her was her name: Emma De Angelo. Wait... De Angelo? Checking again, the teacher noticed she hadn't any information about the father... a single mother maybe? No. That wasn't the moment to think or judge her life, it was about Lucas. So, with a warm smile on her face, she finally approached the kid and sat on the empty swing next to him.

"Hello! You are Lucas, right?" Confused by those words, Lucas nodded while staring at her. "Then... Welcome to your new school! I am Melisa, your new teacher." Said with a smile, which was answered with another smile from the kid. "Can you keep me a secret? I am new here too and... Well, I don't have many friends yet. What about you? Have you already met any of your classmates?" An increasingly confident Lucas shook her head as an answer, but this time looking at the other children playing outdoors. "Ummm... then... what if you and I become friends? Because I need someone to help later with the search of a treasure hidden in some place in this school, and you seem perfect for the job." Lucas, excited about the idea, nodded enthusiastically. That kid was one of those who could charm anyone without even talk, but after chatting for a few minutes, Melisa noticed that not only he was charm and kind, but also very smart. To end the conversation, the kid and the teacher high-fived; now it was time to meet Lucas' mother, who quietly watched the scene next to them.

"Hello. Emma De Angelo?" She asked to the stunning woman in front of her, staring directly to her eyes. "My name is Melisa Reyes, I will be Lucas' teacher for the rest of this academic year." After these words, Melisa kindly offered her hand to Emma for a handshake; if she was half as nice as her son, gaining over her wouldn't be difficult.
MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

oOo5rcG.gif Now all those simple things are simply too complicated for my life
Extremely protective by instinct, Emma becomes studious of this new somewhat maternal figure in Lucas' life, immediately struck with wariness and mistrust. Much like a wild feline surveying another amidst new surroundings, she attempts to absorb everything she can about 'Melisa Reyes' in an instant. Who was she? Where does she come from? What are her beliefs? What are her intentions, pure or otherwise? Even despite her cast role as a teacher, there was no guarantee it would be a role taken seriously. And despite how easily she seemed to take to little Lucas, left gnawing at the young mother's gut was a sense of doubt; perhaps Melisa was just a good actress. Unfortunately, none of her worries could be quelled, at least without engaging in conversation.

Taking hold of the hand before her to shake⁠—the teacher's palm soft as cotton and the breeze rushing from behind her blowing the melon scent from her dark hair⁠—Emma politely responds. "It's an absolute pleasure to meet you. And I think it's safe to say Lucas feels the same since I've never seen him be so comfortable with someone this fast. I'm impressed," she titters anxiously.
MONTY
@Foxy
2 people like this

For some unknown reason, Melisa couldn't help but keep staring at Emma. There was something engaging about her, something that went far from her look or her appearance. "It's my pleasure Emma." The teacher answered back. Interestingly enough, something in Emma's voice changed when she started talking about her son, it was like she couldn't stop worrying about being away from him a this new environment, even if it was just for a few hours. "And thank you, it's always difficult to be the new kid at school, I just try to make it easier for him." Smiling, Melisa takes a quick look at Lucas again. "I'm sure we will be very good friends."

Feeling more secure about herself than she was at the beginning of the conversation, Melisa takes advantage of the moment Lucas left to play in a different place to switch conversations. "And I also hope we can work together on providing Lucas the best education possible." Right after this, the teacher opened her folder and checked her notes to ask whatever was neccesary to know the kid better, even though she already knew what she wanted to ask first. "Sorry in advance for what I am about to ask but... I don't have any information about Lucas' father... is there something I should know in case this conversation happens with him at some point?" The question was finally out, both women kept staring at each other, which made Melisa notice how Emma, just like herself, had no problem on not looking away while having a conversation.

"Once again, sorry for the question, but it is important for me to knows this since kids are always talking about their families. I just want to avoid an awkward situation in case this become a topic of conversation at some point; and kids can be difficult trying to understand things they can't realte to. It wasn't easy, but from her experience, it would be better for Lucas to have this conversation from now, and not wait until it took them by surprise.
MONTY
@Mariah.
2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• The Chemicals Between Us
      By Mariah.
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 9px; width: 200px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } THE CHEMICALS BETWEEN US, THE WALLS THAT LIE BETWEEN US A wide array of boxes act as bricks forming a second set of walls, standing tall around an exhausted Emma De Angelo. Dressed in low-rise, cut off short shorts and a white midriff bearing blouse, tied above her belly ring and over her ample breasts, she stares out her large, paneled window, down to the city below. Cars race by in bold patterns, filled with strangers with seemingly no real purpose—nothing to live for beyond their excess. But her purpose for living sat joyously behind her; no care in the world, and lacking the knowledge of how cruel it could be. It was he: Lucas De Angelo, her one true love.

She’d never allow Lucas to see the world for what it truly was, for as long as she could. She was his protector; his provider. But there were times that she longed for help. Someone who loved her five year old and was willing to protect him as much as she was. Someone to help ease the load she felt weighing down on her petite frame, wearing out every bone. Her thoughts cycle briefly to Lucas’ deceased father and his final moments before the chemicals in his system consumed him, an apology for failing her and their son stuttering through a cold, trembling mouth. Every time the memory is replayed, her heart broke into pieces, for she didn’t believe her nor Lucas would find love like that again.

“Lucas, baby, don’t break that please! I need you to quiet down and relax for five minutes; mommy is on the phone,” Emma begs her toddler before returning to speak to her landlord on the other end of the line, her frustration mounting. It had been several days now since the move in, but it appeared that likewise with her losing a babysitter, everything was coming apart at the seams. Her apartment, in particular, was literal. “Listen carefully. Your contractor was supposed to be here a fucking hour ago and I’m paying you too much money for rent to be sitting around waiting. My pipes are broken, my cabinet doors are falling from their hinges, drawers are getting stuck, and that's not even everything wrong with this place. And on top of all the renovations needed: I've barely unpacked, I have a million other errands to run, I have to call my boss to get the weekend off, I’ve missed out on my first week of classes. Please. I don’t need this process to be any harder. If you could just page him again or something. Or just give me his cell number and I'll reach out myself.” She runs her clawed hand through her hair, combing and tugging it back, then waits as the landlord runs through his rehearsed reply. “Okay, fine. I’ll give it twenty more minutes,” she concludes before slapping the flip phone closed and letting a gust of air escape her glossed lips.

Quietly reciting the mantra routinely used to ease her stress, Emma refused to allow the walls to cave in on her. Resilience was her greatest strength, and it was too premature to renounce the new life she had set path toward. “Lucas, what did I—” she begins to scold as she redirects her attention back to her son, soon after interrupted by a knock on her door. “Listen, we'll talk about it later. Go get one of your coloring books and sit still while I answer the door, please and thanks my love.” 

She adjusts her appearance to a palatable state, then finally marches toward the door and turns the lock to slowly open. MONTY
      @Maxim
    • Slow Like Honey [M]
      By Mariah.
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 10px; width: 150px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } YOU MOVED LIKE HONEY IN MY DREAM The velvet full moon ignites the late night sky, settling to rest in its bedding of clouds. But the city center itself is without sleep, the streets still echoing with trumpeting horns and the prattling of its intoxicated pedestrians, all actively seeking someone to wander home with and extend their after hour debauchery. All but Emma De Angelo...

Floating out of her taxi in a tiny, silken slip nightgown and a dark, long coat—her head as light and airy as the brisk breeze prompting her nipples to bore through the fabric—Emma serenely makes her way up to her apartment. Like a steaming knife through butter, she cuts through the fog of cannabis smoke, ignoring the catcalls of the young men loitering outside the front doors. After a chaotic full shift at her place of work, entertaining the arousal of those who held little of her interest was undesirable. Her attention, instead, was fixated upon the thought of her soft blankets, which she couldn't wait to sink into. But another thought would creep in, doused in a highly flammable liquid named temptation.

The breeze combs through Emma's loose curls on her way to the vacant elevator and the doors slide shut behind her, leaving her to a state of deep reflection. He was hard to forget. His confidence. His valor. His sinful smirk. His spellbinding blue eyes. His godly physique. The kind but firm grip of his hands on her lush body. She could almost feel him with her again, dampening her neck with his soft, warm mouth and tongue; gliding his fingers up her inner thigh, into her dress. Her fantasy was so tangible, she's unable to smother the name Bobby from escaping through her rattling teeth. Perhaps, though, she was only caught amidst the nature of ecstasy the Sirens corridors provided. Perhaps it was only an infatuation and a lust that could be easily extinguished. At least it had to, now that her attention would return to the one man she cared about more than anyone or anything—her little man. She titters to herself at her brief loss of restraint, and prepares to resume her proud maternal responsibility as she prances toward her apartment door and unlocks it.

The space is pitch black and tranquil, requiring Emma to creep along the hard wood, trying to suppress the sound of her strappy heels knocking against it while she makes her way around. Then, on the sole couch of her still empty apartment, she'd come to find the sitter fast asleep with her baby boy. She smiles at the pleasant scene, grateful and relieved for another day safely drawn to a close for the most valuable person ever to enter her life, then picks him up in her arms and carries him to lay in his own bed. Thereafter returning to the living room area, she pulls a blanket over the sitter and makes her way to the kitchen where a letter is found atop the counter. 'Emma,' it read 'I deeply regret to inform you that I'll be moving back to Vancouver in a few days time due to a sudden family emergency, which naturally means I won't be able to sit for Lucas like I agreed to. The both of you have been angels for the week I've known you, and I sincerely apologize for the last minute announcement, especially in letter form. ESPECIALLY while you're still having your stuff moved in and you're getting ready to begin school, both of which are already worrying. I know it won't be easy to find another sitter in this crazy city, specifically one willing to spend the night in order to accommodate your job, but if you need any kinda referral, just give me a call if I'm gone before you wake. All the best my love.'

Now overcome with fret and frustration, Emma crumples up the letter and aggressively pulls open the cabinet for a mug for hot chocolate, inadvertently jerking the delicate wood from its hinges. "Fuck me," she murmurs whilst the door hangs from her strained hand, the door battering against the counter top by the force of gravity. "How is this place already falling apart? God, I need a fucking cigarette." Setting down the wooden door, Emma would turn her attention toward the drawer instead for a new pack, only then the drawer would also break before her. "Jesus fucking Christ!" she exclaims, leading the sitter to shuffle and slowly wake. The young mother clenches her eyes closed, grabs the pack of cigarettes and her lighter, then hurries out the apartment to decompress, knowing her son would still be safe with his caregiver while she wandered the dark, wild concrete jungle for some time alone.

With the burning cigarette stem pressed between her pouty lips, Emma struts against the sidewalk, breathing in the mix of Pacific wind and nicotine, then out a stream of smoke. With every inhale came her uncertainty regarding her decision to move to Olympia, but an exhale gave temporary relief; primarily an assurance things will fall into place. A few blocks into her journey for solace, she hears the faint strumming of an acoustic guitar, then turns her head to its direction. "It's last call and this is my last song," a male voice would utter, gentle and soothing in its dynamic. The sounds were all beautiful and spellbinding; but what of the sight? She peers through the window of the small bar venue to her right, then wedges her cigarette between her index and middle finger to free her mouth as she stares through the smoke she emits, into the distant crystal blue eyes of the talented musician. His golden mane was pushed back—except for stray locks which fell over his heavenly face and strong, wild brows—and his pink lips formed into a frown. He appeared both benign and brooding; romantic and raunchy. He was a treat to the eyes, just as he was the ears. He was, in his entirety: art. And maybe he was what she needed right at this moment, following her long night. Maybe watching him—experiencing whatever beauty he offered for one to indulge in—could help her unwind. If nothing else, she was a passionate fan of music, and her interest was piqued.

She extinguishes her cigarette against the brick building, then makes her way into the bar, finding an empty space before the attractive musician to take in his sweet, irresistible song... to take in all of him. MONTY   @ris
    • Crash Into Me [M]
      By Mariah.
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 10px; width: 150px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } YOU COME CRASH INTO ME... AND I COME INTO YOU As the clock turns past midnight, heralding New Year's Day, so would beckon club Sirens' new 'Angel' to a quietly awestruck sea of patrons, waiting and watching on with bated breath amidst the shipwreck inspired decor. Illuminated by the faint glow of the bulbs tracing her backstage vanity, Emma De Angelo runs a brush dipped in frosty pale eye shadow across her primed lids, framing her rich honey brown tints. Her eyes were two portraits, painting in broad but detailed strokes the allure of a woman filled with unbridled lust, longing, fire and passion, but hiding a cynicism for the world she now inhabits. She knew, in great detail, that this life could be cruel. However, she refused to allow herself to fall prey. She since thrust herself into the role of a lioness, if not primarily for her cub, whom was gently laid to rest at home with a trusted caregiver. Her role was a protector and a provider. And in order to protect and provide, she had to dedicate herself to this new craft, built around her beauty—a craft she initially rejected, but has come to value and take pride in... for it gives her strength and power.

The echo of her assigned song soaks through the walls of the backstage area; its beat pulsing and throbbing like a vigorous, lecherous heart. But the sound is muffled as she nervously takes one last look at her maternal motivation, pictured with her at the beach. Removing the photo from her vanity, she tucks it into her make up bag, then slowly makes her way to the stage with a deep sigh and cleared mind, preparing herself for night two of her new life.

The bold, vibrant neon hues bleed over Emma De Angelo's dewy, radiant skin like watercolors, as she leisurely strides from behind the curtain onto the Sirens tribune. To the slow, grinding, steady beat, she sways her hips, each curve of her tantalizing, sultry body drawing peaks and valleys, delicately crafted by nature. Her sensuous physique remains guarded by lacy, white lingerie, like a gate barricading the path to a heaven, the patrons in a rapture and feeling their consciousness exit from their bodies through parted lips, in thick but silent heaves. She was a marvel—a sight not seen before, so desirable it'd implicate sin contrary to her angelic costume. And then the heat emitting from their agape mouths ignite her, setting loose all inhibitions. With white feathers cascading around her, she serpentines one silken leg around the frosty steel pole, her immaculate feminine figure becoming a ribbon which entwines itself in a spell-binding acrobatic display. Then, with one more turn, she's unable to avoid locking leers with an arriving man and his friend, both foreign to her. His jaw is cut from marble, and his rippling muscles suffocate against his skin tight, black long sleeve shirt, screaming to be freed for air. His ocean blue irises appear satiating in its casing; an aphrodisiac which drives an insatiable hunger, so sudden in its arrival. He was a vision of ecstasy, like herself to the onlookers. He was a temptation.

Emma's brows furrow and eyes tighten with projected desire, intensely climaxing with each progressive chord of the song which steadily took hold of her... but then the stranger looks away, as though the tension was becoming too much to surmount. She makes slow catlike movements across the stage, closing the distance between the man and herself, then begins to christen a new rod of metal while removing her corset to uncage her lush, ample bosoms. Her nipples stand erect before she swivels once more, the tumescent skin of one of them edging against the cold, shiny pole. Its cool sensation force chills to rush over her body, leading a trail down her abdomen, to the ripened meeting place of her two thighs—the reveal of which she teases with the waist band of her panties, beneath her garter.

She slinks to the stage floor and lays on her back, writhing to the rhythm and caressing her flesh erotically, before whipping herself over on her torso. Slowly, she bends into the position of a feline, the small of her back arched inward and her round, tight ass pointed high, as the diaphanous fabric veiling her treasure burrows deep between each satiny cheek. It's then the man returns to stare upon her with a subtly inviting smirk, aligned beneath his look of hypnosis which unites with a gaze of her own. MONTY   @Maxim