Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeigz

Sailor Moon | Sailor Moon Eternal, Releasing 1.8.21

12 posts in this topic

MEQ7r0l.png

a space to discuss the 90's anime, its 2014 remake,
or any other media related to the iconic franchise.

1 person likes this

Today is June 30th, Usagi’s birthday, and to celebrate this there was a birthday party event held in Japan. We often get Sailor Moon news at such events and this year was no different! We finally have our first look at the designs for the upcoming new season of Sailor Moon Crystal which will be taking place as two theatrically released films. It was announced that the first of these movies will be called Sailor Moon Eternal and will be released in 2020. This could be anywhere from 6 to 18 months from now, so we will have to be patient to see when this finally happens! Also keep in mind the original release of Sailor Moon Crystal was planned for 2013 but that it actually first aired in 2014, so delays at this stage are certainly still possible, but things are finally coming together.

[...]

Sailor Moon Eternal will cover the first half of the Dream arc of the Sailor Moon manga. This is the same story which was the basis for the Sailor Moon SuperS season of the anime, though in this case the manga and anime had some significant differences. Though we don’t know exactly where the two movies will split, it is likely this will include the introduction of Pegasus as well as the villains the Amazon Trio, the Amazoness Quartet and Zirconia of the Dead Moon Circus. It will probably include early appearances by Helios and Queen Nehelenia, though they will feature more prominently in the second film. Sailor Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Saturn may not show up in this one as they are not present for the first few chapters, though they could show up at the end of Sailor Moon Eternal. Since they were completely neglected from Sailor Moon SuperS it will be nice to see them included in Sailor Moon Crystal.

source

I hate how long it's taking for Eternal.

A bop

1 person likes this

Sailor Moon is my all time FAVORITE show. Though I wasn't crazy about SM Crystal, I still enjoyed watching it. I know it thoroughly followed the manga, I didn't feel the personality and charisma that the 90's anime blessed us with. Had I not watched the original, I wouldn't have connected with Crystal. Regardless, I'm really excited for Eternal! This is where the og show really started to seperate itself from the manga and had a very different story.

3 people like this

I wish we could get a new video game too.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Daniel42 said:

Sailor Moon is my all time FAVORITE show. Though I wasn't crazy about SM Crystal, I still enjoyed watching it. I know it thoroughly followed the manga, I didn't feel the personality and charisma that the 90's anime blessed us with. Had I not watched the original, I wouldn't have connected with Crystal. Regardless, I'm really excited for Eternal! This is where the og show really started to seperate itself from the manga and had a very different story.

I didn’t watch Crystal yet, but that was what I had heard and so I decided to watch S through again recently instead. I think the new dub is great btw, which I know a lot of people aren’t crazy about but it really brings something new and more all-ages where I always felt like the original dub was a little too juvenile for me when I tried to watch it as an adult.

I’m excited for Eternal for similar reasons. I lowkey love the original anime’s SuperS season even though it’s messy as hell (the new dub saved it for me and the music is SO good), but I think the films following the manga are going to give it a different flavor that will be refreshing.

1 person likes this

Shit, I can't wait.  At least we got that DVD release of Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars.

1 person likes this

Sailor Moon SuperS' Viz dub was made available on Hulu today (for those in the US), and it looks like the whole season has been added to the Viz wesbsite as well.

The second half of the English dub of Sailor Stars is coming next month, too.

2 people like this

Part 1 of Sailor Stars finally is released on Blu Ray here next week and I still haven’t finished watching Sailor Moon S on my rewatch  😩

1 person likes this

Crazy I see this thread for the first time about an hour after I was reminiscing on my favorite SM moment: when Usagi beat that bitch to grab the Holy Grail and become Super Sailor Moon. 💖

1 person likes this

maxresdefault.jpg

the films have (obviously) been pushed back, but there are some new things out that I'm just catching up on

Transformation Sequence:

new character designs:

bufferin_x_sailor_moon_eternal_sailor_ur

sailor_moon_eternal_x_jins.jpg

(apparently the outers were revealed through ad campaigns for... glasses and a pain killer??)

sailor_moon_eternal_tuxedo_mask_design.j

sailor_moon_eternal_tigers_eye_satoshi_h

sailor_moon_eternal_hawks_eye_toshiyuki_

sailor_moon_eternal_fish_eye_shota_aoi.j

2 people like this

Thank God they made Saturn close in height to Chibi moon because I always thought it was weird how Saturn would tower over her despite them being close in age.

1 person likes this