Mariah.

Tom Holland and Kevin Feige CONFIRM Spider-Man is OUT of MCU

20 posts in this topic

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really thought they would end up settling. This is gonna cost Disney so much money because of the theme park and everything and I just know they are PISSED. :shook: 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Josh. said:

I really thought they would end up settling. This is gonna cost Disney so much money because of the theme park and everything and I just know they are PISSED. :shook: 

Honestly, they're the clowns and greed got them in the end. I get they wanted a 50/50 split on everything including production costs, but they already get all the merch coins which for Spider-Man is worth BILLIONS. Sony's entertainment division literally rests on the shoulder of Spider-Man, as Ghostbusters and Men in Black have both flopped. If they gave up half of the profit they make from his movies, even if they only had to shell out half of the production costs going forward, they'd lose out in the end. Disney should have offered 50/50 on merch too if they were really about that life, but they're not. They just wanted to squeeze the last bit of life out of Sony so they could eventually buy them out too.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

Honestly, they're the clowns and greed got them in the end. I get they wanted a 50/50 split on everything including production costs, but they already get all the merch coins which for Spider-Man is worth BILLIONS. Sony's entertainment division literally rests on the shoulder of Spider-Man, as Ghostbusters and Men in Black have both flopped. If they gave up half of the profit they make from his movies, even if they only had to shell out half of the production costs going forward, they'd lose out in the end. Disney should have offered 50/50 on merch too if they were really about that life, but they're not. They just wanted to squeeze the last bit of life out of Sony so they could eventually buy them out too.

The fact Sony just flat out said NO :ahh: 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Spider-Man star Tom Holland addressed this week's Sony-Marvel breakup -- which will see the wall-crawler leave the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- in a new interview conducted at Disney's D23 Expo on Saturday.

“Basically, we’ve made five great movies,” Holland said in a chat with Entertainment Weekly. “It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun, however we choose to do it."

Holland added, "The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we’ll find new ways to make it even cooler.”

For his part, Feige said he was "feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy."

He added, “We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”

Source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom being slapped back into reality and knowing where his bread is buttered.

ygA4nFA.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiege is PISSED. That cliffhanger he left for Spider-Man was clearly leading to a Kraven's Hunt film or Kingpin, but now that is all out the window. They can now only hope that Sony makes a shitty movie that will lead to a fan revolt that has Sony running back to them, them working something out on in three years, or Sony folding. :ahh:

3 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I agree. With Far From Home, it's clear that they built a significant chunk of the next phase around him being the face of it. I don't think "the new Iron Man" said throughout was a coincidence. That's what they wanted him to be (it annoys me that they went FULL ON with that and literally made him Iron Man power set wise with all that tech :skull:). The other thing is Black Panther 2 was confirmed to not be coming until 2022, while Captain Marvel 2 has yet to be announced which leads me to believe that won't happen until 2023. Those were speculated to be the other two new faces, filling for Captain America and Thor essentially. So I'd guess they were banking A LOT on Spider-Man carrying this next phase and probably weaving throughout a bunch of the planned films. It might have been why Disney wanted more money.

Now they are going to retcon him out and do what they should have done all along: Make Black Panther lead.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Fiege is PISSED. That cliffhanger he left for Spider-Man was clearly leading to a Kraven's Hunt film or Kingpin, but now that is all out the window. They can now only hope that Sony makes a shitty movie that will lead to a fan revolt that has Sony running back to them, them working something out on in three years, or Sony folding. :ahh:

Now they are going to retcon him out and do what they should have done all along: Make Black Panther lead.

Kraven's Hunt would have been a slay, Sony should still do it :sandra: 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Josh. said:

I really thought they would end up settling. This is gonna cost Disney so much money because of the theme park and everything and I just know they are PISSED. :shook: 

Disney :

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Fiege is PISSED. That cliffhanger he left for Spider-Man was clearly leading to a Kraven's Hunt film or Kingpin, but now that is all out the window. They can now only hope that Sony makes a shitty movie that will lead to a fan revolt that has Sony running back to them, them working something out on in three years, or Sony folding. :ahh:

Now they are going to retcon him out and do what they should have done all along: Make Black Panther lead.

 

Spiderman was sacrificed for the greater good we're perched for the future Of X-men and more importantly for the storm coming in Black Panther 2. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:angry:

How long until the inevitable 4th reboot of Spider-man franchise with Jacob Tremblay as Peter Parker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Henry Cavill said:

:angry:

How long until the inevitable 4th reboot of Spider-man franchise with Jacob Tremblay as Peter Parker. 

Wait a min, I ain’t mad at that casting. Just give him five or six years.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

Fiege is PISSED. That cliffhanger he left for Spider-Man was clearly leading to a Kraven's Hunt film or Kingpin, but now that is all out the window. They can now only hope that Sony makes a shitty movie that will lead to a fan revolt that has Sony running back to them, them working something out on in three years, or Sony folding. :ahh:

Now they are going to retcon him out and do what they should have done all along: Make Black Panther lead.

It was already set up for him to be the lead they should have just went in that direction anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this fucking video :rot: 

tom acting like he was being held captive and filming a ransom video :skull: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Captain Fox said:

Spider-Man was clearly leading to a Kraven's Hunt film or Kingpin, but now that is all out the window. They can now only hope that Sony makes a shitty movie that will lead to a fan revolt that has Sony running back to them

It's finally time for them to bring the musical to the big screen. If the franchise is gonna tank I need it to tank in the blaze of glory I deserve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, Rainbow Heart said:

It's finally time for them to bring the musical to the big screen. If the franchise is gonna tank I need it to tank in the blaze of glory I deserve

 

Sis... No.

hegFrTr.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Fox said:

Sis... No.

hegFrTr.gif

That one musical number ruining Green Goblin, Swarm, Carnage, Kraven the Hunter, The Lizard and Electro only to then realise it wasn't done yet and created an all new female villain just to ruin her too. This is the reason sony/mcu Spiderman has only fought The Vulture and Mysterio
OUS2XsN.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

That one musical number ruining Green Goblin, Swarm, Carnage, Kraven the Hunter, The Lizard and Electro only to then realise it wasn't done yet and created an all new female villain just to ruin her too. This is the reason sony/mcu Spiderman has only fought The Vulture and Mysterio
OUS2XsN.gif

Them padding Kraven's ass to new heights.

hegFrTr.gif

Call the police.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bridges is burnt

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be one of the only people that can’t stand Spider-Man.

hegFrTr.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now