Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoaib.

Sex Education | Netflix

5 posts in this topic

1920px-SexEducation.svg.png AAAABT9_5unfRWt6Wt1N2x7CczVhug2QLcHGeYop

Starring | Asa Butterfield, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Connor Swindells, Kedar Williams-Stirling, Aimee Lou Wood, and more

Premise | Socially awkward high school student Otis may not have much experience in the lovemaking department, but he gets good guidance on the topic in his personal sex ed course -- living with mom Jean, who is a sex therapist. Being surrounded by manuals, videos and tediously open conversations about sex, Otis has become a reluctant expert on the subject. When his classmates learn about his home life, Otis decides to use his insider knowledge to improve his status at school, so he teams with whip-smart bad girl Maeve to set up an underground sex therapy clinic to deal with their classmates' problems. But through his analysis of teenage sexuality, Otis realizes that he may need some therapy of his own.

Released | January 11, 2019 (Season 1)
TBA 2020 (Season 2)

Trailer

Was kind of out of it back when it premiered so guess I missed it but I binged the last few days, and I feel like it's rare I get attached to a show this much this fast. I REALLY enjoyed it. Funny, real, wholesome, and I love the cast. 2020 needs to get here already so we can get S2 :shook:

1 person likes this

The first season was so good, I loved most of the character development and probably teared up on a few occasions. I can't really say enough good things about it, and from an interview with Ncuti Gatwa, the writers were super determined to get so many things with his character's upbringing culturally correct and would ask him for input on how to make sure it was proper representation so kudos to them for actually listening.

1 person likes this

This is in my similar shows to “End of the Fucking World”. Definitely need to check it out.

3 hours ago, Kegan said:

The first season was so good, I loved most of the character development and probably teared up on a few occasions. I can't really say enough good things about it, and from an interview with Ncuti Gatwa, the writers were super determined to get so many things with his character's upbringing culturally correct and would ask him for input on how to make sure it was proper representation so kudos to them for actually listening.

I agree. And I've been watching a lot of videos of the cast, but I didn't know that! It makes me even more fond of the show. It's a great balance between being vulgar without being too much, being woke without being too overt, and being funny without just everything being a complete joke.

I also appreciated every joke likely only a Brit would get, it made me feel special. As someone who mostly watches American shows anyway, the whole Americanised John Hughes inspired aesthetic wasn't a problem for me and didn't take me out of it at all. I liked it, in fact.