Mariah.

Heartbreakers' Best Women in Movies | 30-26 Revealed

157 posts in this topic

pItFwM3.png

Throughout history, cinema has gifted us with some of the most bold, fearless, vulnerable, beautiful, dynamic, complex, powerful women. Women who have not only carved themselves in our memories, but have also helped shape the world today and the world's perception of women in general. It's these women that I gather HB to honor, bridging the path between the strong women's wrestlers the forum was built on the backs of, with HB's new widened focus to the world of movies (as well as TV, comics, video games, general nerd culture, which we'll venture into with later countdowns).

The rules are simple: participating members must send me a list of 20 female movies characters, ranking them based on personal preference. While I'd love to cast a wide net, I kinda want the most reflective countdown possible (some people aren't film buffs/cinephiles), so I will be narrowing things down to American mainstream cinema. This means the film which the character comes from must have been distributed by a major American film studio; no indies, no foreign films. Certain exceptions will be made between those two mentioned categories for film characters that have received mainstream attention/pop cultural recognition via the Academy Awards or from becoming notable cult classics. I will then use the scoring system where your 1st pick will receive 20 points, 2nd pick will receive 19 points, 3rd pick will receive 18 points, and so forth, then tally it up. The twist here is that a high scoring character on a single list might not be guaranteed a spot on the final list just based on her score alone. This character must appear on at least one other person's list to qualify for the final countdown. Like I said, trying to make this as reflective to HB as a whole as possible. Also, please GOD, don't troll or be careless. If you're not into movies, I'm not forcing you to participate. Please send me your lists by Monday, September 11th at 11:59 PM EST via PM with a title that tells me it's for this countdown. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope everyone enjoys this!

E5fEBco.gif4sAzW7C.gifunjrYs4.gifyOMAOt0.gifYeoa5hR.gifDqzY2zF.gif

6 people like this

the xenophobia of the requirements :hatnikki:

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, shumiley said:

the xenophobia of the requirements :hatnikki:

clearly you haven't seen how these usually shake out, I'm just trying to get everyone on the same page out the gate to spare the mess later

irGYmpz.png

2 people like this

Carmen Elizabeth Juanita Echo Sky Bravo Cortez coming for #1 :shook:

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

wow, love a spoiler, guess we don't have to do this after all then!

EAryxreUwAEjuJY?format=jpg&name=small

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

wow, love a spoiler, guess we don't have to do this after all then!

EAryxreUwAEjuJY?format=jpg&name=small

I only said it to provide an example for your post above, wow my generosity 

irGYmpz.png

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Shoaib. said:

I still have night terrors
OUS2XsN.gif

3 people like this

Poor Donald Trump

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, Rainbow Heart said:

I still have night terrors
OUS2XsN.gif

good

2 people like this

I’m already prepared for my list to get dragged.

wPdrbJW.gif

are we only listing the actress or actress AND her role? IE. Charlize Theron or Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornos in Monster

Bride or Imperator Furiosa will be snatching thank you x

AamLBzt.gif

1 person likes this

I probably wasn't clear enough in the OP, but lemme just reiterate that this is ranking female movie characters. You should definitely include the actress' name for clarity's sake (or the movie/year; for example, not all Catwomans have been written or portrayed the same, therefore I'd need the specific iteration of her). But we are NOT ranking our favorite actresses like one of these lists I received nnn.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Qwan™ said:

Cute. Stay perched for my list @Mariah. 

Image result for angela bassett tina turner

UPDATE:

Putting a list in order was a struggle, but I did it.

Image result for angela bassett tina turner

1 person likes this

I'm gonna extend the deadline to Monday since bitches moving slow, so send it in!

Just saw this after your tag, let me whip sum up.

r4v03aj.gif

1 person likes this

@Mariah. Are all genres eligible? Can we include animations?  And to be clear, we're ranking the actresses performance as said characters than best actresses? 

source.gif

Just now, Layout said:

@Mariah. Are all genres eligible? Can we include animations?  And to be clear, we're ranking the actresses performance as said characters than best actresses? 

source.gif

Yes, yes, and you're basically ranking the characters they played and you can indicate the actress or the specific movie/franchise for clarity (since like I gave as an example, there's been three different Catwomans and not all were great). So an example of what your list might look like would be:

1. Cher Horowitz, Clueless, 1995
2. Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman, 2017
3. Catwoman, Batman Returns, 1992
4. Hermoine Granger, Harry Potter franchise, 2001-2011
etc.

If that makes sense.

r4v03aj.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Layout said:

source.gif

You can include animations :specky:

3 people like this

Extended the deadline again since I got more people's attention, I probably should have promo'd better.

r4v03aj.gif

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Extended the deadline again since I got more people's attention, I probably should have promo'd better.

r4v03aj.gif

I'm pissed I was left outta the first batch of tags and thought about protesting but I'm almost done anyway.

r4v03aj.gif

1 person likes this