Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja Balenciaga

Worlds Collide Replacing NXT TakeOver During Royal Rumble Weekend

11 posts in this topic

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed WWE Worlds Collide will be replacing NXT TakeOver during Royal Rumble weekend in January 2020.

WWE released travel package information on Monday for Royal Rumble weekend in Houston and the events listed show a World’s Collide event happening instead of NXT TakeOver. 

Sources in WWE confirm this was not a mistake and that the schedule of NXT TakeOver events in 2020 with more details will be announced in the near future.

Worlds Collide is a WWE event in which competitors from Raw, SmackDown, NXT, 205 Live and NXT UK compete in inter-brand matches. The first Worlds Collide show took place in January 2019 at Royal Rumble Axxess and aired on WWE Network.  The second took place in April.

Stay tuned for official details on the show once they’re announced. 

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/worlds-collide-replacing-nxt-takeover/#.XXbHHyhKjcs

Interesting. With NXT getting the big move, I can see why they'd change how they do Takeovers.

I wonder if WWE will try to compete against AEW’s PPV schedule with NXT takeovers as both are on a Saturday night 🤔

1 person likes this

I wonder if NXT is just gonna be added to the big 5 ppv's now

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Like having the NXT titles being defended on the big 5?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

Like having the NXT titles being defended on the big 5?

Yeah since there gonna be a third brand officially, but honestly that would be too many matches. 

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Leigh said:

Yeah since there gonna be a third brand officially, but honestly that would be too many matches. 

There’s also talk of bringing back the European title, to add to NXT UK, as a Mid-Card title... so that’s one extra title to add to the list lol. Currently there are 18 active titles between Raw Smackdown NXT and NXT UK... While I think adding another title to the UK brand would be good for the mid card, I think the PPV’s as a whole are going to start to get longer and longer lol

If they do an NXT vs Raw Women's match it needs to be NXT Women's Champion Bianca Belair vs Raw Women's Champion Sasha Banks.

:shook:

2 people like this

On 9/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, Leigh said:

Would help kill filler matches that don't need to be on a ppv.

1 hour ago, Twisted Bliss said:

Would help kill filler matches that don't need to be on a ppv.

The gag is that to us, the filler matches are the actual filler matches. To WWE , the filler matches are any alternate Women's matches.

2 hours ago, Angelic said:

The gag is that to us, the filler matches are the actual filler matches. To WWE , the filler matches are any alternate Women's matches.

The kicker is the women's matches have a better build up than most of the men's matches.

giphy.gif

2 people like this

The first Worlds Collide special with the tournament was a great event and the women’s special was great for getting some fresh matches that WWE would never book on the main shows.

3 people like this