Mariah.

Rihanna Rumored for "The Batman"/DC Role

10 posts in this topic

You can’t deny that the past few years have been exciting for those of us who love DC’s female characters. In theaters, we’ve been treated to Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, and in early 2020 we’ll get to lay eyes on Birds of Prey, which will see Harley teaming up with folks like Huntress and Black Canary, among others.

Still, it’s important that Warner Bros. makes sure to bring us the rest of Gotham City’s other major femme fatales within the next few years. Be it in Matt Reeves’ The Batman or elsewhere, fans are eager for new takes on Catwoman and Poison Ivy. And in regards to the former, at least, it seems she’ll definitely be included in the Dark Knight’s next solo outing.

As for Ivy, well, she’s been absent from the film franchise since 1997’s Batman & Robin, and she can certainly do with some redemption after that one. Thankfully, then, it seems she’ll get just that, as the character will feature in the upcoming Gotham City Sirens, but who will play the iconic DC figure the next time we see her?

That’s a question we may not get an answer to for a while yet, but our sources have informed us today that one name Warner Bros. is looking at to take the role is pop star Rihanna. From what we understand, the singer is just one of a few names on the studio’s internal wishlist and it’s unclear if a formal offer has been extended yet.

Even if it has, there’s no telling if Rihanna would be interested. All we know right now is that she’s someone who WB has their eye on and given that this intel comes to us from the same sources who told us a Swamp Thing movie was in development, and that Wonder Woman will be getting her Golden Eagle armor in the upcoming sequel, both of which have been confirmed, we have no reason to doubt it.

But tell us, would you have any interest in seeing Rihanna as the DCEU’s Poison Ivy? As always, sound off down below and let us know.

Source

Rihanna has proved that she’s biggest troll in Hollywood after making a few wisecracks about her rumoured casting in the upcoming Batman movie.

ICYMI, the Caped Crusader is set for another cinematic outing, with Robert Pattinson taking on the iconic role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. That left fans in the perfect position to speculate over whether Poison Ivy will have an input in the tale.

HotNewHipHop reported on Friday that several sources have been discussing the character’s return to the DC Extended Universe, with some insiders suggesting that producers are seriously considering Rihanna to fill the role.

Fans have been endorsing the superstar for the role since the beginning of time, which is something that Ri seems to find hilarious. Over the weekend, she posted a video of her Fenty Boots on Instagram with the most tongue-in-cheek caption.

"Bat-mobile, but make it fashion! get into this matte leather-rubber fusion tho," she wrote.

Does this mean the rumours are true? Or is she just poking fun at everyone jumping to the wrong conclusion about her acting commitments? Literally who knows.

The good news is that Ri-Ri is slated to drop new music in the coming months, with Elle reporting that her publisher BMA have registered a new song called ‘Private Loving’ that’s set to hit the airwaves soon.

Tbh, we’re kind of hoping Rihanna will sign on the Poison Ivy dotted line before Halloween because that could seriously influence which outfit we eventually decide on. Take your time, Robyn and co.

Source

pPLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 person likes this

*finally enters the movie section chat*

:frecklefox:

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Christon said:

*finally enters the movie section chat*

:frecklefox:

GKFKGFKGJ

I'm almost willing to sacrifice the album for this

tumblr_pv4pegJZ4M1tuenido2_400.gif

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

GKFKGFKGJ

maybe? *gulps* 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

GKFKGFKGJ

1 person likes this

I remember Rih liking a tweet about Uma's performance as Poison Ivy years ago, so sis has my approval.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Jake said:

I remember Rih liking a tweet about Uma's performance as Poison Ivy years ago, so sis has my approval.

I am Miki Minach and I support this message.

As we have all been saying for months she would be perfect for this role.