Mariah.

The Chemicals Between Us

2 posts in this topic

oOo5rcG.gif THE CHEMICALS BETWEEN US, THE WALLS THAT LIE BETWEEN US
A wide array of boxes act as bricks forming a second set of walls, standing tall around an exhausted Emma De Angelo. Dressed in low-rise, cut off short shorts and a white midriff bearing blouse, tied above her belly ring and over her ample breasts, she stares out her large, paneled window, down to the city below. Cars race by in bold patterns, filled with strangers with seemingly no real purpose—nothing to live for beyond their excess. But her purpose for living sat joyously behind her; no care in the world, and lacking the knowledge of how cruel it could be. It was he: Lucas De Angelo, her one true love.

She’d never allow Lucas to see the world for what it truly was, for as long as she could. She was his protector; his provider. But there were times that she longed for help. Someone who loved her five year old and was willing to protect him as much as she was. Someone to help ease the load she felt weighing down on her petite frame, wearing out every bone. Her thoughts cycle briefly to Lucas’ deceased father and his final moments before the chemicals in his system consumed him, an apology for failing her and their son stuttering through a cold, trembling mouth. Every time the memory is replayed, her heart broke into pieces, for she didn’t believe her nor Lucas would find love like that again.

“Lucas, baby, don’t break that please! I need you to quiet down and relax for five minutes; mommy is on the phone,” Emma begs her toddler before returning to speak to her landlord on the other end of the line, her frustration mounting. It had been several days now since the move in, but it appeared that likewise with her losing a babysitter, everything was coming apart at the seams. Her apartment, in particular, was literal. “Listen carefully. Your contractor was supposed to be here a fucking hour ago and I’m paying you too much money for rent to be sitting around waiting. My pipes are broken, my cabinet doors are falling from their hinges, drawers are getting stuck, and that's not even everything wrong with this place. And on top of all the renovations needed: I've barely unpacked, I have a million other errands to run, I have to call my boss to get the weekend off, I’ve missed out on my first week of classes. Please. I don’t need this process to be any harder. If you could just page him again or something. Or just give me his cell number and I'll reach out myself.” She runs her clawed hand through her hair, combing and tugging it back, then waits as the landlord runs through his rehearsed reply. “Okay, fine. I’ll give it twenty more minutes,” she concludes before slapping the flip phone closed and letting a gust of air escape her glossed lips.

Quietly reciting the mantra routinely used to ease her stress, Emma refused to allow the walls to cave in on her. Resilience was her greatest strength, and it was too premature to renounce the new life she had set path toward. “Lucas, what did I—” she begins to scold as she redirects her attention back to her son, soon after interrupted by a knock on her door. “Listen, we'll talk about it later. Go get one of your coloring books and sit still while I answer the door, please and thanks my love.” 

She adjusts her appearance to a palatable state, then finally marches toward the door and turns the lock to slowly open.
MONTY
@Maxim
4 people like this

oOo5rcG.gif I WANT YOU TO SURRENDER; A LL MY FEELINGS ROSE TODAY
Bobby parks his truck and raises his pelvis toward his steering wheel, granting him access to his back pocket for his notepad. Looking up from the address jotted down on an otherwise clean page, he then briefly surveys his surroundings. There wasn’t much to behold of the scenery of his location, Bobby very familiar with the tall brick, glass and cement buildings which made up the downtown Olympia skyline; moreso with what monsters hide behind every corner. But by day, the sun seemed to reflect off the rows of windows, giving the city’s core a more optimistic feel. Like there were actual hopes and dreams to be had in an otherwise cold, corrupt place. He knew better, however, especially after how a night of bliss and passion with an unforgettable woman, quickly unraveled into a reminder of the demons he tried to battle⁠—to escape. And he wasn’t even able to bring himself to risk asking to see her again, regrettably so. A result which drew the relentless shaming from a recovering Andrew, who argued that he passed the ball and took a bullet in the process, only for Bobby to fumble.

Exhaling to air out the smoky memories left behind from that fiery night, he next exits the vehicle and unloads his tools from the back to throw himself into his day’s work. He trots up slightly and has to take a minute or two to find his access key upon arriving at the apartment entrance, then marches toward the elevator and pushes down on the given floor. The journey up provides a moment to reminisce once more on the night he found an “angel”. The curves and flow of her body. The taste of her supple lips. The slickness of her tongue. The way she’d tremble as he’d suck markings on her skin. The point of her breasts imprinting on his tongue. The lasting, rich sweetness of her center. Jesus fucking Christ, Bobby, can you stop? It’ll never happen again. It’s over; she’s out of your life. It’s time to focus on work. He sighs once more and narrows down to the door he’s looking for, finally arriving and giving it a knock. With his head still peering down at the paper, ensuring he’s got the correct set of numbers, the lock turns open.

“Um, good afternoon, Ms…. De Angelo? Uh, plumber here answering that service call you-” he cuts himself off as he find himself eye-to-eye with the face that’s plagued his mind for the last eight nights. He hasn’t seen or heard even a peep from the unmistakably ravishing girl he’d found himself engaged with at the club that night. A part of him was willing to shoulder that blame, as he himself had become almost overwhelmingly swamped with more jobs and other insidiously vital shit he’d had going on since that time. The other, very obscure part of him just happened to be a teeny bit disappointed that she likely hadn’t made to seek him out in any way, especially given the implicit, but surely palpable desire they’d shared between them that night. He’d begun to deduce, after some time, that perhaps that had been her way of letting him off easily⁠—to possibly establish that both of their priorities were dissimilar; that, realistically, he was nothing more beyond a regular mark that had ended up swept up in Emma’s routine finesse and lined her pockets with a few extra chunks of cash. Still yet, he can’t help but break into a pink smile⁠—lips parted—at the vision of her. Nothing about her had changed; not that it would or even could. She remained an incomparable sight that he couldn't even fucking bear. “-made. I’m sorry, Ms. De Angelo? It just hadn’t dawned on me that you were a repeat customer,” he sniggers and scratches the back of his head, quick to quip. His blue eyes fixate before him and his jawline flexes, projecting his patent allure, then he continues. “But I’m happy to be of service again. Uh, wanna invite me in and show me where you need help?”
MONTY
@Mariah.
3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Doll Parts
      By Queen of Hens
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 10px; width: 150px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } I FAKE IT SO REAL, I A M BEYOND FAKE New Year's had been a total bust for the irresistible Jessica Taylor, despite the grand nature of the event she had managed to throw together. Spending hours solely trying to entertain herself with constant dancing, playful flirting, and nonstop drinking, it proved to be a fruitless task for the young socialite as the night went on. As a result, she quickly grew tired of the fruitless endeavor, unable to find a way to make things work for her tastes. Her complete and utter boredom almost forced her to go back to darker times in her life, though Jess knew better, especially in such a public setting as tonight. All eyes were on her, even if she wanted them or not, including those of her intimidating lover. He didn't like it when she got high, and she didn't want to upset him. Sitting alone in the luxurious lobby of the rented out hotel, she takes a small sip from her bubbly champagne, watching with disinterested eyes as guests began to slowly trickle out. Occasionally waving goodbye or flashing a warm smile to her 'friends', she mostly keeps her attention on the growing sea of bodies that shuffle out the doors, never looking up unless she was approached.

As the last of the attendees make their way out, Jessica rises from her seat, grateful that the night's events had finally come to an end. Brushing off her glittering silver gown, she carefully walks over to the front desk, sweeping her flowing brown locks behind her bare shoulder. Setting her now empty crystal glass on the marble counter, she lets out a sigh of relief. Meeting the dull and wrinkled eyes of the uptight hotel manager, Jess flashes him a provocative smile, her glossy lips catching the warm light of the dimly lit room. "Thank you for having us tonight. I'll make sure the cleaning crew leaves the ballroom better than we found it." Adjusting the older man's tie, she finishes her final statement with a purr. "I'll be sure to leave a good word with Mr. White about the evening's events. Expect us back real soon." Perking up, he thankfully nods at the young woman, helping her into her white fur as she heads toward the exit. Gracefully making her way to the front of the hotel, she waves the man off, prepared to return home for the night.

Meeting the cool Olympian air with reluctance, Jessica finds herself in a world far more familiar to her: one of cold and bitter loneliness. Clinging onto her fur for warmth, she solemnly makes her way down the luxurious roads of Ida Hills, which gradually transition into the deep and dark recesses of Erebus Square. Her extravagant attire attracts the leering eyes of many, inciting fear within the young woman despite the familiarity of the road. This wasn't the first such trip for her, and wouldn't be the last either. Up until now, no one had made a move on her, tried to strip her bare of the many riches she sported, though that fear always lingered in the back of her mind. Just as her anxiety was soaring to neurotic levels, she suddenly arrives at her usual spot in the concrete jungle, bright yellow vehicles speeding all around her. Taking a deep breath, she struggles to flag one of them down, many of the beaten taxis already carrying inebriated passengers back to their homes. Walking up and down the lonely sidewalks, she almost laughs in relief as a vehicle comes to a halt. Running to its side, she thankfully reaches for the door handle, only to come into contact with a hand similar to her own. Looking up, she meets the eyes of a young woman, who also seems eager to escape the unsettling night. Frowning in disappointment, she shoots the girl a friendly smile, pulling her hand away. "I'm sorry. I thought I managed to flag him down." MONTY @Mariah.
    • Simple Kind of Life
      By Foxy
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 8px; width: 190px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } And all I wanted was the simple things
      ✓ Treasure maps

✓ Hidden clues

✓ Treasure chest with prizes for everyone

✓ Camera

For the last two weeks, Melissa read and repeated those words to herself in order to have everything ready for the big day: her first day at a new school. Not only was it an important moment for Melisa, since she would be meeting the children and parents whom she would be working with for the rest of the year for the first time, but this first journey also was crucial to make a good impression on them. Even though she hadn't been teaching for that long, one of Melisa's biggest priorities always was to make children feel like home at school, and that wasn't an easy task. For this particular group, she planned a treasure hunt, so they could explore the school together, get comfortable around each other, have fun and get used to working as a group.

Working as a teacher in Olympia was very different to what she had experienced in Madrid. Here, in Olympia, Melisa felt free to develop her ideas, use more innovative teaching methods and, the most important thing, be herself. For years the pressure of having to please everyone made her job extremely difficult, specially when parents realized who she was... but she always had something, or better said, someone, who kept inspiring her through every difficulty she faced. Smiling, Melisa opened the bottom drawer of her desk, and took something from there, a photo of "her".

"It is going to be an amazing day." Melisa says taking one last glance to the photo. Natalia would have loved Olympia: the people, the night life, the landscape... God... not even moving to a different country was enough to turn the page. Knowing that this day she would need that "extra strength", instead of putting the photo in its place, Melisa kept it in the pocket of her blouse so they could be together through the whole journey.

It was almost time to start receiving the children and meet their parents, so Melisa took another five minutes to check if everything was ready and then stood in the entry way with the rest of the teachers, ready for the big moment. While waiting for them, she took a look at the list of students, their photos and then counted if she had a treasure map for all of them. From her previous experiences, she knew it was better to already know her students' names on her first day, not only it was useful for herself, but also helped make things easier to the parents concerned for leaving their child with an "unknown person".

And just like that families started arriving. Little Melisa knew that a strong bond would be created between her and some of the people she would meet that day. In some cases, probably stronger than they would like. MONTY
    • Slow Like Honey [M]
      By Mariah.
      .intoforest { position: relative; margin: 20px auto 0px; background: #191919; height: auto; padding: 40px; width: 400px; min-height: 300px; } .intoforest img { position: absolute; height: 250px; width: 480px; object-fit: cover; left: 0px; top: 0px; filter: grayscale(0%) contrast(75%); } .ifoutline { position: relative; min-height: 220px; width: 320px; border: 1px solid #d3e0e5; } .intoforest text { display: block; position: relative; color: #e7e7e7; padding: 30px; margin-top: 210px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; line-height: 180%; font-family: roboto; padding-bottom: 20px; } .intoforest lyrics { position: absolute; color: #d3e0e5; font-family: overpass; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 800; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 10px; width: 150px; line-height: 200%; padding: 20px; } YOU MOVED LIKE HONEY IN MY DREAM The velvet full moon ignites the late night sky, settling to rest in its bedding of clouds. But the city center itself is without sleep, the streets still echoing with trumpeting horns and the prattling of its intoxicated pedestrians, all actively seeking someone to wander home with and extend their after hour debauchery. All but Emma De Angelo...

Floating out of her taxi in a tiny, silken slip nightgown and a dark, long coat—her head as light and airy as the brisk breeze prompting her nipples to bore through the fabric—Emma serenely makes her way up to her apartment. Like a steaming knife through butter, she cuts through the fog of cannabis smoke, ignoring the catcalls of the young men loitering outside the front doors. After a chaotic full shift at her place of work, entertaining the arousal of those who held little of her interest was undesirable. Her attention, instead, was fixated upon the thought of her soft blankets, which she couldn't wait to sink into. But another thought would creep in, doused in a highly flammable liquid named temptation.

The breeze combs through Emma's loose curls on her way to the vacant elevator and the doors slide shut behind her, leaving her to a state of deep reflection. He was hard to forget. His confidence. His valor. His sinful smirk. His spellbinding blue eyes. His godly physique. The kind but firm grip of his hands on her lush body. She could almost feel him with her again, dampening her neck with his soft, warm mouth and tongue; gliding his fingers up her inner thigh, into her dress. Her fantasy was so tangible, she's unable to smother the name Bobby from escaping through her rattling teeth. Perhaps, though, she was only caught amidst the nature of ecstasy the Sirens corridors provided. Perhaps it was only an infatuation and a lust that could be easily extinguished. At least it had to, now that her attention would return to the one man she cared about more than anyone or anything—her little man. She titters to herself at her brief loss of restraint, and prepares to resume her proud maternal responsibility as she prances toward her apartment door and unlocks it.

The space is pitch black and tranquil, requiring Emma to creep along the hard wood, trying to suppress the sound of her strappy heels knocking against it while she makes her way around. Then, on the sole couch of her still empty apartment, she'd come to find the sitter fast asleep with her baby boy. She smiles at the pleasant scene, grateful and relieved for another day safely drawn to a close for the most valuable person ever to enter her life, then picks him up in her arms and carries him to lay in his own bed. Thereafter returning to the living room area, she pulls a blanket over the sitter and makes her way to the kitchen where a letter is found atop the counter. 'Emma,' it read 'I deeply regret to inform you that I'll be moving back to Vancouver in a few days time due to a sudden family emergency, which naturally means I won't be able to sit for Lucas like I agreed to. The both of you have been angels for the week I've known you, and I sincerely apologize for the last minute announcement, especially in letter form. ESPECIALLY while you're still having your stuff moved in and you're getting ready to begin school, both of which are already worrying. I know it won't be easy to find another sitter in this crazy city, specifically one willing to spend the night in order to accommodate your job, but if you need any kinda referral, just give me a call if I'm gone before you wake. All the best my love.'

Now overcome with fret and frustration, Emma crumples up the letter and aggressively pulls open the cabinet for a mug for hot chocolate, inadvertently jerking the delicate wood from its hinges. "Fuck me," she murmurs whilst the door hangs from her strained hand, the door battering against the counter top by the force of gravity. "How is this place already falling apart? God, I need a fucking cigarette." Setting down the wooden door, Emma would turn her attention toward the drawer instead for a new pack, only then the drawer would also break before her. "Jesus fucking Christ!" she exclaims, leading the sitter to shuffle and slowly wake. The young mother clenches her eyes closed, grabs the pack of cigarettes and her lighter, then hurries out the apartment to decompress, knowing her son would still be safe with his caregiver while she wandered the dark, wild concrete jungle for some time alone.

With the burning cigarette stem pressed between her pouty lips, Emma struts against the sidewalk, breathing in the mix of Pacific wind and nicotine, then out a stream of smoke. With every inhale came her uncertainty regarding her decision to move to Olympia, but an exhale gave temporary relief; primarily an assurance things will fall into place. A few blocks into her journey for solace, she hears the faint strumming of an acoustic guitar, then turns her head to its direction. "It's last call and this is my last song," a male voice would utter, gentle and soothing in its dynamic. The sounds were all beautiful and spellbinding; but what of the sight? She peers through the window of the small bar venue to her right, then wedges her cigarette between her index and middle finger to free her mouth as she stares through the smoke she emits, into the distant crystal blue eyes of the talented musician. His golden mane was pushed back—except for stray locks which fell over his heavenly face and strong, wild brows—and his pink lips formed into a frown. He appeared both benign and brooding; romantic and raunchy. He was a treat to the eyes, just as he was the ears. He was, in his entirety: art. And maybe he was what she needed right at this moment, following her long night. Maybe watching him—experiencing whatever beauty he offered for one to indulge in—could help her unwind. If nothing else, she was a passionate fan of music, and her interest was piqued.

She extinguishes her cigarette against the brick building, then makes her way into the bar, finding an empty space before the attractive musician to take in his sweet, irresistible song... to take in all of him. MONTY   @ris